Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting kicked out.

Default Getting kicked out.

Well, my parents are being complete ass holes, I've done nothing wrong, they are only kicking me out because I'm not getting government benefits for them to scab off.

They are threatening to call the police to get me evicted, so I'm in a fucked up situation of having to leave asap.

I'm already in debt due to them abusing the fact I'm on government benefits to pay for my tafe which mind you, they took 90% from me to pay for there "things" instead of paying my tafe like we agreed to.

Not only have they ruined my future, I can't do tafe because I don't have debt to pay off, I'm thinking of just fleeing to Adelaide temporary, getting a passport and living overseas, start fresh.

Even than, that's hard as I have no money, they have pretty much fucked me over by doing this.

It's become a joke, whenever my payments get suspended, or I don't do as something as illegally dump rubbish for them she purposely gets my dad to "verbally abuse me"

I'm very close from getting my stuff and fucking off, since I'm getting evicted anyway, I'm going to grab my laptop and phone and most likely be homeless due to them.

Sorry for the language, I'm just so pissed off, they think because I live over there room, they can use me to there benefit scab all my money, and fuck me over, and if I don't, I get verbally abused.

They threaten to cut off the internet and my power, cal the police etc. so I'm fucked.

I just don't know what to do. I'm so sick of this.

I should also add, that they illegally go through my mail, invade my privacy, do stupid shit like threatening the police onto me just for sleeping in until 12.

They want to see my bank account transactions to prove I'm not getting "paid" I'm not but I do have some money, and I don't want them scabbing it off me. (couple of dollars)

Mind you my room has no insulation its outside directly in the sun, and is like being in a hot car on a boiling hot day 90% of the time, I drip that much sweat, it looks like I've wet the bed.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 20-Aug-2016 at 10:28.

That's stupid, you should just leave, you do not deserve to put up with their abuse go before you have go on Prozac and before it messes with your brain chemistry!

Unfortunate. I do hope you're ranting here while thinking and planning rationally what to actually do IRL

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Unfortunate. I do hope you're ranting here while thinking and planning rationally what to actually do IRL
    Yes, It's a rant, I'm trying to think though my options.

I'm preparing, just in case, searching for jobs etc.

It seems that it's illegal for them not to support your until you were major ( 21 years). So threatening to call the police for evicted you is a stupid and inefficient blackmail tactic. In fact they does not seem to understand that calling the police forces for trivial reason is potentially punishable by law ! You did nothing wrong, and they are the one who can have trouble if they do call! : Indeed they make you reside in an unhealthy place, (no isolation) , have illegal and forced access to your personal informations, they threaten you to deprive yourself and reduce your basic need access (electricity/power) ( needs that they are supposed to provide you, because they are your legal caregivers ). All these acts are pretty much borderline abuse (well they literally are...). They are legally responsible for you. But this house is toxic for you...If you can crash in a friend/relative home for a moment the time to find a job, it could be a solution on the way-term. Or you can maybe found a discreet way to keep some money to plan a departure: is a part-time job a possible alternative for you right now? (Even if it's mean lying about the exact amount of the salary you earn, in order to be sure to save a part each month, if they put their hands on it...). Anyway you don't deserve to be threaten, scorned or unsafe about your financial and housing situation because of your parents. I hope you will come to have financial and housing independence quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by neaendr View Post
    It seems that it's illegal for them not to support your until you were major ( 21 years).
    Most places in the U.S. its 18.

I had to toss my daughter out at 19 because she was getting violent with her mother (she wouldn't try it with me for reasons that would be obvious if you knew me IRL). We often wondered if we'd wake up some morning to a knife in the ribs. That was more than 20 years ago. After some personal and financial hiccups, she got her shit straight and is now married with two fine, upstanding sons, and a master's degree. Best we can figure, hormones hit her harder than they do most kids.

Junior was a picnic by comparison. Perhaps he learned what not to do by watching her.

I agree with others here. This is a toxic, unhealthy environment and getting out appears to be the best option. I mean you're living in a substandard, almost uninhabitable room, giving over your money, while they continually threaten to call the police on you.

First of all, have an emergency kit prepared that will consist of all your basic necessities. That way, you will have the most important things to take with you if you have to leave at a moment's notice. There's less likelihood you'll forget something valuable if you have this done in advance.

Do have a backup plan if possible, such as a friend or someone who could put you up on very short notice.

If you and your parents both agree that it is best for you to leave, then you could try negotiating a termination date to allow you adequate time to find alternative housing. Let them know what you require, such as time to save up for a first and last month's rent deposit, availability of housing, time to find employment, and see if you can arrive at a mutually agreeable time to vacate.

Keep in mind, the police are not there to get involved in the decision of your parents to kick you out, they are there to ensure that all laws are being followed by both parties and nobody gets hurt. Their primary goal should be to keep the peace and try to negotiate a resolution to a tense situation rather than let a young person be tossed out onto the street without notice

You can also be the one to call the police to ask for their intervention and assistance if your parents try to throw you out without any warning. Again, they should ensure the laws are being followed, keep the peace, negotiate on your behalf, and if all else fails, they should be able to take you to whatever emergency housing or shelter is available in your area. Also, if you contact your local municipality for services, they should be able to advise you about what emergency housing and financial options are available to you.

I confess, I didn't know what tafe was so I had to Google it. It appears to be a college program in Australia (Be kind if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time). I know you identify as transgender from your previous posts and blogs. The Transgender Housing Program in Australia offers a safe place for transgendered people in need of temporary housing. They may have some possibilities or be able to refer you to some resources in your community.

http://www.transhousingnetwork.com/p...urne-australia
    Last edited by Starrunner; 20-Aug-2016 at 19:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    Keep in mind you can also be the one to call the police if your parents try to remove you without warning to ask for their intervention and assistance. Again, they should ensure the laws are being followed, keep the peace, negotiate on your behalf, and if all else fails, they should be able to take you to whatever emergency housing or shelter is available in your area. Also, if you contact you local municipality for services, they should be able to advise about what emergency housing and financial options are available to you.
    Despite what you see in the news, calling the police should be and generally is a way to defuse a situation and prevent violence. As Starrunner noted, police are trained to be neutral in this sort of situation, so your parent's threatening to call police really isn't a threat... unless you've physically assaulted them. Our daughter spent a couple of nights in County after one such incident. Even that isn't so bad for cooling off purposes. We didn't press charges, so the net effect was a couple of counselling sessions with a county psychologist. Without going into details, that didn't do much, and she still had to go learn the hard way that mom and dad weren't as stupid and unreasonable as she wanted to believe.

She was back a few years later, husband, two kids, and giant doberman in tow to put a two year kink in my diaper hobby. At least this time around, there was some respect, and we did get the benefit of some real quality time with our young grandsons. You can't buy the experience of walking your first grandson to school, taking him to wrestling practice and tournaments, or little league baseball games. Just the same, that was a lot of bodies crowded in our small house, and I was plenty happy to get some open space back.

Rambling, but trying to show that over time, things can get better, and relationships that you think are beyond hope now may not be later.

Isn't it somehow illegal to keep child benefits and make you live like Harry Potter under the stairs?
    Is there some kind of social service you could talk this through with? Maybe elaborating some options of leaving the house which we don't see?

Quote Originally Posted by kapi View Post
    Isn't it somehow illegal to keep child benefits and make you live like Harry Potter under the stairs?
    Is there some kind of social service you could talk this through with? Maybe elaborating some options of leaving the house which we don't see?
    It's actually not child benefits, It's my benefits for me to go out and study so technically It's my money, I've bought myself some time thankfully though the magic of Photoshop, I have a small loan, but they will scab it if they find out. so I had to do some magic, to make it look like I had nothing in my bank.

All my online banking is online now, so It's easy to make it look like I've got less, I think I bought myself a few weeks to get out of here, It's almost September which means my room will start being a oven until march next year.

I've applied for some jobs and hope to get a reply, It's depressing as I never get a call back for something as simple as maccas.

I'm paying 200 a fortnight "for rent" meanwhile for $100 I could rent my own room, with a kitcehn, stove, toasters, steamers, microwaves, pots, showers baths, privacy locks. all bills included and bonds (okay I just copied that from a property for rent)
    Last edited by LittleJess; 20-Aug-2016 at 16:32.