Go to the doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So ever since I was 6 now I am 21 I have had a bedwetting problem but it's not as frequent now as it was when I was 6 maybe like only 3 times a week but I normally will wear a diaper every night anyways and sometimes during the day I get a little wet but not very much. I would really like to wake up wet everyday again! Maybe it will happen over time? But I also have been wanting to go see a doctor about it to make sure there isn't any real problems to be concerned about. But if there isn't any problems is there things I can say or do that would make me considered to have Urinary incontinence to a doctor so he or she would recommend wearing a diaper or other form of protection? Like should I tell them I frequently have night time incidents and wear diapers at night? I know this might seem different but it's always been a dream of mine

I don't condone lying to doctors. This can get out-of-hand if you get an illness or need medical treatment. Basically, your medical record would be wrong.

I do think you should see a doctor to check and be sure there isn't anything serious going on.

just toss back a glass of water/milk before bed, increase your odds? (or do you then wake to nature's call?)

I don't know about waking up all the time, I tend to involuntary wet during my sleep at least 3 times a week, I can always count on wetting at night if I have 3 or beers, at first I was pretty cool but now it's kind of getting old, same thing every night, put a diaper on, wake up to a mass of gel around my groin area, sometimes have a wet spot on my sheets or shirt if I was sleeping on my belly. I digress

Here's a good general rule. Any time you think you should post online or ask someone, "Should I see a doctor", you should see a doctor.

I'd definitely recommend seeing a doctor if you've never seen one before about your issues. Bedwetting can be a sign of a different problem, so it's good to check, especially if it's worrying you.

As far as getting diapers prescribed, I don't really know if that's possible, but you can be clear with your doctor about what you want. Many doctors would assume the bedwetting itself is a problem for you and therefore prescribe medicines to help reduce it. If you're not interested in that since you like wearing diapers, you can be clear with your doctor that you just want to make sure that you're overall healthy and that you like diapers as a solution to handle your bedwetting and aren't looking to fix it if there's nothing more serious going on.

I too a few beers and i am peeing over night awake or not.

If I drink enough I'll wet as well.

If you ask your doctor to refer to to a urologist for testing and stuff they probably will. It could be worthwhile if you have never had it done since it could be caused by something that will hurt you. More than likely they will recommend some medications you can try.

The rest of the post is trying to live out your fantasies through an unwilling bystander. Absolute best case is that after a very boring conversation nothing like what you are imagining you get a prescription for diapers which entitles you to one sub standard diaper per night paid for by your insurance company. A professional mommy would be a lot more fun for only a bit more money.

just untrain yourself at night and just revers what people say to prevent

BrandenDL4ever said:
So ever since I was 6 now I am 21 I have had a bedwetting problem but it's not as frequent now as it was when I was 6 maybe like only 3 times a week but I normally will wear a diaper every night anyways and sometimes during the day I get a little wet but not very much. I would really like to wake up wet everyday again! Maybe it will happen over time? But I also have been wanting to go see a doctor about it to make sure there isn't any real problems to be concerned about. But if there isn't any problems is there things I can say or do that would make me considered to have Urinary incontinence to a doctor so he or she would recommend wearing a diaper or other form of protection? Like should I tell them I frequently have night time incidents and wear diapers at night? I know this might seem different but it's always been a dream of mine

I am incontinent and enuretic. I have little control over my bladder and wet without warning most of the time and tend to drip and dribble all of the time. When I first noticed my incontinence which started in my late 40's with slightly damp and smelly undies by the end of the day. I was nervous about seeing the doctor. Then out of the blue I started bedwetting again. I had been a chronic wetter as a child and throughout my teens. My wife suggested I saw the doctor who refered me to the urologist after first finding out that I was diabetic and probably had been for sometime. The urologist performed several invasive tests and finally came up with a diagnosis. My prostate was enlarged but not cancerous and I have nerve damage in the area which controls my bladder. This is irreversible as is all diabetic related nerve damage. I was then refered to the continence nurse who talked through the options I had for managing my incontinence and finally agree'd I should use nappies or pads as they insist on calling them at night and try and maintain my day time control with various exercises and different ways of making sure I fully emptied my bladder when using the toilet.
What I can tell you is neither my Doctor nor the urologist ever once offered any advice as to how I should manage my incontinence. This was left to the continence nurse. She was very keen to keep me from going 24/7 with protection but finally agree'd it was me that had to live with it but said I must accept I would loose any bladder control I had once I started wearing pads all the time. She was of course right. I actually find my incontinence easier to deal with this way though.
This is probably a long winded way of getting round to saying if you are genuinely incontinent then seek help from the medical profession but please don't waste their time and resources by faking incontinence to get free pads or nappies. This is actually fraud and you could be prosecuted if found out.
For me I'm glad I went. My diabetes is now under control. I get some free nappies though I have to buy extra to see me through until my next delivery sometimes. The fact that I have become DL as a result of wearing nappies 24/7 is not an issue here but what I will say is I could have been incontinent and miserable but why not make lemonade out of lemons.

I'm no doctor but:

Yes I think you should see a doctor if you are wetting without control at night or during the day.

No you shouldn't embellish the truth - just stick to the facts. In fact if anything, leave out the information about wearing IMO.

The only note of caution is down the line if they start suggesting major treatments and you are happy as you are then you have some careful decisions to make - as all treatments have risks and side effects. For example I understand that some operations to make you continent have a risk of making you impotent and even pills can have unpleasant side effects for some people (although with the pills those are typically temporary).

Now that I've been wearing 24/7 for about 2 weeks I have noticed that my diapers are always wet in the morning. I sense that I am going and can stop the flow but do not get a lot of warning. I suppose that I am becoming more incontinent. I am planning a trip to Williamsburg VA next month and will be staying in a hotel for 4 nites. My husband is aware that I leak at times but doesn't know that I've worn a diaper and plastic pants since going 24/7. I may bring some Depends, and pads, but wearing a cloth diaper is not going to work. Does anyone have any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back