Status
Not open for further replies.

icklespace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
how many of you have/would like to have a sensory room??

would it be a place to escape, calm down or chill out to??

What's a sensory room?

google/youtube them

Many of us don't know what a 'sensory room' is.

I'm not inclined to take off through YouTube or Google to find out.

If you're going to create the thread, would it be too much trouble to include the information?

I don't know how to explain it

It is a time out space.

I have several areas for this purpose.

I also call them my grounding space. It is a coping mechanism/calming technique for anxiety and/or depression.

"Normal" people have these areas that they do it naturally, but when you have depression issues this is something you have to think about.

If I had a sh*t ton of money I would buy a house on the country side and totally turn it into a huge sensory place. I would have the biggest pillow room ever!!!

85465.JPG

Awesome! That looks like a bouncy castle!

I have my man cave: family room where my widescreen, surround sound, computer, piano/keyboard are, and also a fireplace. The only thing is that it's a large space and open. When I was a kid, my bedroom was in the attic which consisted of two, smaller rooms. Still, it was the whole upstairs and I loved having my privacy. The dormer windows created small space. One contained my desk and chair and I liked being in that space.

I would love a sensory room. time and space to get away.

I so want to have that, as a Autist Asperger, I have anxiety attacks sometimes (they are fairly rare but they happen when something goes really wrong), normally going to baby/toddler stage helps me a lot, but I wish I could be in a safer area, like a crib with bumpers on all sides. I have a toddler bedrail on my bed and I feel so much safer sleeping with it.

sensory rooms are wonderful and especially if you dont have run of the house .somewhere you can retreat too bit like a nursery but full of things to explore and try out ..ive had one with bubble lamps in and lost of sensory toys..soft play area mirrors like in the fun house...hugs xx

Hi

Yes a room to be able to regress and play in. Shutting out other out side stimulants that could bring me out of little space.

Creating a space would be similar to key words that bring us in to Little head spaces. Thing like "hi Little guy how you doing, you are such a good boy." This said in the right way would bring me in to a little head space. A room that is just for being Little in would also do the same for me.

I never far from being in my little head anyway as pretending to be an adult is just hard.

Hee, hee

Sisi

One of my non-verbal Autistic friends over in England who lives in a Group Care Facility has access to a fully outfitted "Sensory Room". Yes, I envy her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back