Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Since I have autism and ADHD and I get overwhelmed and hyperactive, I often start pacing or rather running around my bedroom and I get so worked up, I have decided to make myself a cozy corner so I can relax and snuggles can relax there too, I kept my toy box near by so I can reach out of stimming toys and calm down.

Does anybody else, autistic or non-autistic have a cozy corner to relax? I have a question. Is running or pacing my room a stim?

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg snuggles say hi!

Tell snuggles I say hi too!!! I am HF autistic, but I don't really have a cozy corner as such. I do have a small teddy bear that follows me around when I'm at home, though :)

I sort-of get what you mean by the pacing, though. I sometimes do that, but I'm not sure if its related to my autistic nature or anything else.

I have ADHD too as well, I would love my own cozy corner, my bed is like my cozy corner as I put blanket on the frame and make it all comfy and snuggly

Angelic said:
Since I have autism and ADHD and I get overwhelmed and hyperactive, I often start pacing or rather running around my bedroom and I get so worked up, I have decided to make myself a cozy corner so I can relax and snuggles can relax there too, I kept my toy box near by so I can reach out of stimming toys and calm down.

Does anybody else, autistic or non-autistic have a cozy corner to relax? I have a question. Is running or pacing my room a stim?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 26987View attachment 26988 snuggles say hi!
I have my designated place, my bedroom to have my stim toys to aid in autistic cognitive/emotional regulation.
It is my place to totally hide away from the world when I need to.

I've always had to keep myself busy by doing something. I've always been a musician, even as a little kid, so I'm often playing one of my keyboards. As a kid I also built models and I loved playing with my toy soldiers. Before that it was cars and trucks. In two of the houses we lived, I had the attic as my bedroom so I could spread my toys out. It used to drive my mom crazy because she'd come up to my room and there would be little green army men all over the floor, in battle!

To this day, I'd love to be back in my attic room playing with my little green army men. There was something comforting about it.

I don't have a cozy corner but I use blankets instead of a duvet and I have my special teddy bear and I got another teddy bear who helps some times

I haven't made anything like that yet, but I have an idea. My roommate is planning a D&D campaign for us and our friends when the term starts, and we're going to have 8 players. To make room, I requested to have my bed lofted and I'm going to put an air mattress under my lofted bed. I'm going to buy some jumbo sized Pokemon plushies, maybe Crash and Spyro ones, too, and I'll keep them and all my other plushies on the air mattress. When I'm having a rough day, I'll hop onto the mattress, bury myself with plushies, and take a nap while cuddling with them all ��. No one has ever judged me for loving plushies, and I reckon that if I do run into someone who would they'll probably leave me alone when I mention my autism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back