Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Have you ever worn Tena Flex's?
What are your opinions on them?
How do they hold, are they good for not leaking?
How discreet are they, how do they bulge?
Pros and cons?
How similar are they to pull ups, are they easier to put on than actual diapers?

thank you all x

oh wow i think i misunderstood your other post, I already talked about tena flexs there a bit.
In my opinion they leak more easily at the leg gathers because they are less tight but are easier to put on. Though what's missing for me is the "protected feeling.
Imagine a large pad and an 8cm wide thin elastic belt wrapped around your waist.
They are better to me than pullups for sure though! And they hold more than pullups as well (pretty significantly) and cover a larger area.
In terms of descreetness it's hard to place. Less discreet than pullups obviously but in terms of how they relate to actual diapers ... hmm, they fit more loosely for me so in a way they are more noticeable to me as they sag more once they are wet.

Lonti said:
oh wow i think i misunderstood your other post, I already talked about tena flexs there a bit.
In my opinion they leak more easily at the leg gathers because they are less tight but are easier to put on. Though what's missing for me is the "protected feeling.
Imagine a large pad and an 8cm wide thin elastic belt wrapped around your waist.
They are better to me than pullups for sure though! And they hold more than pullups as well (pretty significantly) and cover a larger area.
In terms of descreetness it's hard to place. Less discreet than pullups obviously but in terms of how they relate to actual diapers ... hmm, they fit more loosely for me so in a way they are more noticeable to me as they sag more once they are wet.

I just get stressed not being able to put a diaper on, and I feel a pull-up or this type of variant would be better.

Worn them every day for the past two years now. I like them. They're discreet enough for my needs. Here's a few downfalls though:

The velcro tabs on the inside of the front panel tend to bend outwards if you don't stick them on well enough. This is a design oversight because should your clothing catch onto it, it could come loose. Having velcro tabs instead would better resolve this.

The elastics, especially the leg cuffs, and leak guards, could be tighter. But, this has more to do with the sizing I'm using, I've found. Which brings me to my next point:

Sizing. There really should be a regular size for diapers now, or an in between size of Medium and Larges. There's so many diapers I wanted to like but the sizing is off putting. These ones are spot-on with their sizing. If you're in between sizes, go for the larger one.

Absorbency, especially for this kind of diaper, is actually really, really good, in my opinion. I'm incontinent, and I find it just what I need in terms of features. While I do change often, it can definitely hold for a while. It's not a 12 hour diaper, though.

The diaper itself is deceivingly thin for the absorbency.

I chose this diaper because I'm very active and have wide hips, so it works OK for me.

Love the Tena Flex.Although we dont get the Maxi anymore which is disappointing because they swell up real good when getting used.
I now use the Tena flex super which is very good, but if i had access to the Tena stretch i reckon they would be superior.
Having a fixation belt on the flex is not fully secure and i find they can ride down.
Another thing the fixation belt can tear if you are in between sizes so Cryptic is right in suggesting to opt for the larger size.
Otherwise in terms off look of this diaper they are beautiful and close to modern adult sized pampers, especially at the back.
Tena stretch is even closer.

Echoing Luckyfish on the swell. It's something I forgot about--I don't wear diapers till they're full, just till I need to change, which is 3-5 times a day.

But, I tried the Tena Stretch and personally did not find them worth it, since they had no "stretch"-y material despite the name, unless you count the cloth stretching one way as doing so. They also do not have standing leak guards, just the leg cuffs.

The Flex can still ride down, though. I suggest using a onesie or making sure it's taped on well. Either way just don't expect them to be a full 12 hour diaper--they're not meant for that and there are other diapers that are way more suitable for that role. But if you're active or have a weird size, they work nicely.

I recently went back to wearing them again.

Pretty much what everyone has mentioned already. I like them especially because they resemble modern baby diapers in an adult size a lot more than your average adult or abdl diaper. Absorbency is quite good, especially the maxi, it can be prone to leaks if the sizing is a bit off or if they are a bit loose, however I haven't had any leaks recently and I have worn to work a couple times. As long as it is snug and you don't saturate it or flood it, you're probably fine.

It's discreet, especially the plus and super, the maxi not so much. It can feel a bit strange to wear if you're just used to wearing typical adult diapers though, since much like a baby diaper it doesn't cover much of your legs, it just covers the front, bottom and around your waist.

Overall, they look good, are discrete and hold a good amount, can be prone to leaking if the fit isn't good or snug or if you're lying down, other than that is fine.

Almost forgot to mention that they're really easy to put on, even standing, because of the belt design.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back