The best pull-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm getting a little stressed with diapers. What's the best pull-up? Opinion, pros and cons. Preferably ones I can buy from a pharmacy (I like in England) but if I have to order, I'll probably order.

I might just need practice with diapers, I'm not sure.

Southstuart said:
Drynites should be fine, would they fit you?

I have quite a large waist/hips, probably not. I'd most likely need an adult one.

Southstuart said:
I saw one a nappy called tena flex. Its like a waistband that the nappy then comes between your leg and attatches to.

I was going to buy them.. ugh, are they good? are they actually a pull-up aside from the waistband and the middle bit?

Try the Abena Abri-Flex Pull Ups. It's one of the most absorbent pull ups out there along with Molicare Mobile.

I agree on the Abena Abri-Flex. They have the highest quality and absorbancy of any pull up I have tried. I just tried the Molicare and they were cut oddly in the back and half the absorbancy. Northshore is about the same. I will gladly pay a little more for the Abena if I just need a hour or two out of the house. Else it is a full diaper...

If you have not looked at XP Medical, they have the best per unit cost on them last I checked and great customer service.

joemama said:
I agree on the Abena Abri-Flex. They have the highest quality and absorbancy of any pull up I have tried. I just tried the Molicare and they were cut oddly in the back and half the absorbancy. Northshore is about the same. I will gladly pay a little more for the Abena if I just need a hour or two out of the house. Else it is a full diaper...

If you have not looked at XP Medical, they have the best per unit cost on them last I checked and great customer service.
Pretty sure that's American, I'm from England.. :/ x

Take a look around and see some images, any pull-up that does not have leak guards is not worth buying.

Sophiaa said:
Pretty sure that's American, I'm from England.. :/ x

Abena is not made in america. It's actually made in Denmark. You can buy Abena Abri-Flex online in the UK.

I prefer the Discreet underwear ( the newer low cut one )...it isn't the best in regards to absorbency...but it is so very comfortable especially when doubled,tripled,or quadrupled.

I would also go for Always Discreet pull-ups.

They are available in the UK and they come in 3 absorbency levels, with the first one having a lower rise (under the belly button).
I would however go for the one with maximum absorbency. It is goes a bit higher on the waist but the better absorption is worth it as you will have the possibility to have several accidents and this one holds it quite well.

There are many benefits for you:

- They are discreet, and should not be visible under tight jeans as you seem to wear some, so you can be wearing them doing your daily life.
- They are pull-ups, so they are very easy to put on, and you can pull them up and down very easily when going to the loo (for the “bigger one” for instance), something that is not easy with tape diapers.
- They have a good absorbency.
- They come in 2 sizes (M and L), so if the M size would be too small (but it goes for a waist up to 44), you can get the larger one (waist 44 - 54).
- They are very comfortable, you will feel at home in them, much better than in regular underwear
- They have a feminine touch
- They are of the Always brand. I’m telling this because you were wondering what to tell to your parents if they were discovering your nappies. Maybe you can tell them it’s for your period, that at times the normal pads are not enough. (I read some women wearing such for that purpose).

On the cons side :

- They look like grand mother underpants and the waist is quite large.
- They bulge at the crotch when wet, and I don’t know what happens with tight jeans (does it hinder good absorption or does it swell and make it hard to be hidden?).

Last edited:
Sophiaa said:
I have quite a large waist/hips, probably not. I'd most likely need an adult one.

Maybe you could consider Drynites L/XL size nevertheless as they have very stretchy waistband (I even fit into the S/M size with a 28' waist).

I use Fetware.com They have pricey but reusable pull-ups that go up to 5XL. Nothing about the box they are sent in screams diaper. Order a size up because they shrink 10% after the first washing, being made of full cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back