Can't put my diaper on, getting stressed out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I picked my diapers up today, and the package was extremely larger than I expected, which only means storing and hiding is going to be harder.

I took a diaper out of the pack, and I must've tried different ways for 10 minutes trying to put it on, and I couldn't. It just didn't feel right, and I got really stressed. I did follow the thread that was posted on here too, didn't help that much.

Pull ups are so much easier.. just like underwear, you pull them up and that's it. I was contemplating on just throwing them out, it'd make the storing and hiding factor way easier, as I wouldn't have to..

I just don't know what to do. :( x

I dont think you should throw them out, you will most likely regret it, what brand are the nappies you ordered?

MommyandMattling said:
I dont think you should throw them out, you will most likely regret it, what brand are the nappies you ordered?
Tena slip super's

with nappies with double tabs, the way i do it, regardless of whether its right or not, is to lay the nappy on the floor, and then position it so that the back of the nappy is about an inch over the upper end of your buttocks or the start of your back. the next step is to start with the lower tab on the left or right and tape it so that it rests on your thigh. the lower tabs should be considered leg leak guards. after you fasten the left side, roll to the left side and pull the right side so that its semi tight over your upper right leg and do the same. the upper tabs are meant to tighten over your tummy.

I usually shoot to have the front top of the nappy be about an inch or 2 below my belly button. I hope this helps and I'm sorry if my instructions are not very clear =(

MommyandMattling said:
with nappies with double tabs, the way i do it, regardless of whether its right or not, is to lay the nappy on the floor, and then position it so that the back of the nappy is about an inch over the upper end of your buttocks or the start of your back. the next step is to start with the lower tab on the left or right and tape it so that it rests on your thigh. the lower tabs should be considered leg leak guards. after you fasten the left side, roll to the left side and pull the right side so that its semi tight over your upper right leg and do the same. the upper tabs are meant to tighten over your tummy.

I usually shoot to have the front top of the nappy be about an inch or 2 below my belly button. I hope this helps and I'm sorry if my instructions are not very clear =(

I'm sure it's helpful, I just prefer pull ups, a lot easier. I was considering going to the local store and buying a pair of regular tena pants, although the absorbency isn't that good, I like wearing them.

You should give it a few tries! It took me at least a few weeks until i really got the hang of things! It really takes me about 10 seconds now.
You will regret not following through at some point I think.
Two pieces of advice: do it while laying down and alternate the sides of the tabs you are taping shut.
You got this, we believe in you :thumbsup: !

Southstuart said:
Just stick with pull ups then..

I don't know what the best brand of pull-up is, and that's basically just a waste of money. I've also heard diapers are better than pull-ups.

I've tried pullups and I have to say after using diapers I would NEVER go back. Pullups are fun for the style and feeling but for anything else real diapers are where it's at. It'll be so gratifying when you first get them on properly.
Just one thing (not suggesting you did that, just something my gf did a bunch in the beginning) you put the side of the diaper with the tabs under your back and tape in front!
Another possibility is that the ones you got a size too large. When you try to tape them shut, do the tabs overlap?
All the encouragement to you!
(as for the best pullups, you can try the Tena silhouette ones. They fit much, much better than the white baggy things you mostly see around. Also, even though they're for adults, they are pretty cute :) )

Lonti said:
I've tried pullups and I have to say after using diapers I would NEVER go back. Pullups are fun for the style and feeling but for anything else real diapers are where it's at. It'll be so gratifying when you first get them on properly.
Just one thing (not suggesting you did that, just something my gf did a bunch in the beginning) you put the side of the diaper with the tabs under your back and tape in front!
Another possibility is that the ones you got a size too large. When you try to tape them shut, do the tabs overlap?
All the encouragement to you!
(as for the best pullups, you can try the Tena silhouette ones. They fit much, much better than the white baggy things you mostly see around. Also, even though they're for adults, they are pretty cute :) )

They didn't overlap but maybe I wasn't doing it right, I'm not sure. If I got a Tena flex super/maxi, how would that compare to a Tena slip super?

ohhhh that's where the problem is, I'm sorry :(
Ok so the flex diapers are very, very different from "regular" diapers.
Basically the concept there is that they have an elastic "belt" that wraps around your waist and holds the diaper "pad" in place.
It is supposed to be more breathable and less hot but I really dislike them. They also don't stay up very well.
I guess this is both good and bad for you. Firstly the positive: yay you can still give real diapers a fighting chance :eek:
Well on the minus side it's possible that you did spend money on something that doesn't work for you :(
You are from the UK so a couple suggestions are the "TENA Slip active fit Maxi Medium" (you can find it on Amazon) this one is pretty thin but absorbent
"Abriform M4" (Also on Amazon) is much thicker and a little larger
Or a Molicare Super Plus (kinda in between the other two)
they are all plastic backed with the traditional wings and the two tabs on both sides!
Things are looking up! (hopefully?) :)

that's what am woirred about having trubloe putting them on

Buhha said:
that's what am woirred about having trubloe putting them on

pull-ups are a lot easier to put on but I've heard and can see why people say it, diapers are a lot better.

Did you possibly get the wrong size?

Here is how I do it. Standing while leaning against a wall.

1. Find a flat wall and stand with your back towards the wall.

2. Unfold the diaper and make sure that the leakage barriers are loosened from the diaper and standing up. The leakage barriers on Tena Slip diapers are often stuck to the diaper.

3. Hold the diaper in the rear wings with both hands behind your back and against your butt.

3. Position the diaper so that the wings go around your hip and over your thighs. The diaper should often be placed lower on your back than you think.

4. When you think you have it position correctly, lean back on the wall so that the wall hold the diaper in place.

5. Now with two free hands, pull the diaper up between your legs and stretch it out around your body.

6. The diaper should be around up to your belly button. The front wings should go above your legs. A common mistake is to place the front too low so that the front wings go over the legs.

7. If you feel like you can't get the diaper up high enough, just lean forward a little bit and gently tug and readjust the front.

8. Repeat step 3 to 7 until it feels good.

9. When it feels good, take the right or the left front wing and stretch it up and to the side. Make sure that you don't have any wrinkles and that the wing is flat on your hip. And also make sure that the middle of the diaper is still centered on your stomach.

10. While holding the wing with the opposite hand to the wing (left hand hold right wing and right hand hold left wing) take your other hand and attach the bottom tape in an upward angle towards your belly button. The tape should be placed in the middle or lower middle of the wing (so you still have space for the upper tape).
Be sure to not have your other hand (that is still holding the front wing) under the back wing while attaching the tape.
And be sure not to pull it too tight or you risk ripping the tape or the diaper ends up not centered.
Rather pull on the front wing than the tape.

11. When the first bottom tape is attached. Go to the other side and do the same thing.

12. When you have attached the two bottom tapes, re-flatten, restrectch and recenter the front wing and then attach the next tape. I usually do every other side.

13. Do the same thing on the other side.

14. And you're done. It will not be perfect the first times but I assure you that with practice comes perfection :)

rcane said:

2. Unfold the diaper and make sure that the leakage barriers are loosened from the diaper and standing up. The leakage barriers on Tena Slip diapers are often stuck to the diaper.

3. Hold the diaper in the rear wings with both hands behind your back and against your butt.

3. Position the diaper so that the wings go around your hip and over your thighs. The diaper should often be placed lower on your back than you think.

4. When you think you have it position correctly, lean back on the wall so that the wall hold the diaper in place.

5. Now with two free hands, pull the diaper up between your legs and stretch it out around your body.

6. The diaper should be around up to your belly button. The front wings should go above your legs. A common mistake is to place the front too low so that the front wings go over the legs.

7. If you feel like you can't get the diaper up high enough, just lean forward a little bit and gently tug and readjust the front.

9. When it feels good, take the right or the left front wing and stretch it up and to the side. Make sure that you don't have any wrinkles and that the wing is flat on your hip. And also make sure that the middle of the diaper is still centered on your stomach.

10. While holding the wing with the opposite hand to the wing (left hand hold right wing and right hand hold left wing) take your other hand and attach the bottom tape in an upward angle towards your belly button. The tape should be placed in the middle or lower middle of the wing (so you still have space for the upper tape).
Be sure to not have your other hand (that is still holding the front wing) under the back wing while attaching the tape.
And be sure not to pull it too tight or you risk ripping the tape or the diaper ends up not centered.

11. When the first bottom tape is attached. Go to the other side and do the same thing.

12. When you have attached the two bottom tapes, re-flatten, restrectch and recenter the front wing and then attach the next tape. I usually do every other side.

14. And you're done. It will not be perfect the first times but I assure you that with practice comes perfection :)
Wow.. thank you so much for the info, I did dispose of half the diapers I had bought, but I kept a few so I'll try this tonight. Thank you! :) x

- - - Updated - - -

rcane said:

Wow.. thank you so much for the info, I did dispose of half the diapers I had bought, but I kept a few so I'll try this tonight. Thank you! :) x

Sophiaa said:

- - - Updated - - -

I understand. The packages can be quite large.
Awesome! Let me know how it goes! :)

If you have the flex - and assuming it is like Attends Flex there is a pad with two bands at one end of it. Sit on the pad with the bands in line with your waist, the bands come round your waist to where you stomach is and attach together - there should be a tape or a velcro like attachment. Pull the pad between your legs and bring the other end from the bands towards the waist band. There it attaches to the waist band - again this is either with tapes or two velcro like things at each corner.

Also go on the internet to the Tena site and look at the instructions on there which should help if this doesn't make sense.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back