Can't put my diaper on, getting stressed out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to add, is that diapers are designed to go up higher than pants. After along the other tips and you shouldn't have a problem unless the diaper is the wrong size. If it's too big you'll have what we call swimming in diapers, this is where the crotch of the diaper doesn't make contact with the skin. This can make the diaper feel awkward.

For size you need to wear know the size around your waist, not your hips. This typically around the belly button.

When you figure it all out, your diaper should fit a lot better than typical pullups. It should feel comfortable. You just need to figure out your own body and learn how to apply them to yourself. To be honest you would get a better for if someone else would put them on for you and we know this is impossible.

For best results, if you'd get a diaper with a landing zone, it would be perfect for a beginner.

It's all practice makes perfect and eventually you'll be a master but you will go through trial and error until you do.

Just so you also know, some people rather pullups. It's just their thing, but if diapers are more interesting for you practice practice practice.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
One thing to add, is that diapers are designed to go up higher than pants. After along the other tips and you shouldn't have a problem unless the diaper is the wrong size. If it's too big you'll have what we call swimming in diapers, this is where the crotch of the diaper doesn't make contact with the skin. This can make the diaper feel awkward.

For size you need to wear know the size around your waist, not your hips. This typically around the belly button.

When you figure it all out, your diaper should fit a lot better than typical pullups. It should feel comfortable. You just need to figure out your own body and learn how to apply them to yourself. To be honest you would get a better for if someone else would put them on for you and we know this is impossible.

For best results, if you'd get a diaper with a landing zone, it would be perfect for a beginner.

It's all practice makes perfect and eventually you'll be a master but you will go through trial and error until you do.

Just so you also know, some people rather pullups. It's just their thing, but if diapers are more interesting for you practice practice practice.

I certainly wasn't trying to make it reach my belly button.. I'll have another go tomorrow, hopefully my parents go out tomorrow so I have a little more time. as for the landing zones, I never really knew what they were, or to check if my diaper had any. Thank you for this!

Landing zones (aka taping panels) are basically a big plastic area on the front of the diaper that helps tapes to stick AND and to peel off and adjust as needed without damaging the diaper.

I know that Tena Slip is cloth backed, and in my opinion cloth backed diapers don't really provide a great fit the cloth fabric weakens quickly. When you adjust the cloth gets frayed up and it's just a mess.

It's also wise to get samples before making a bigger investment. You'll find yourself disappointed when you have something you don't like.

Online stores like http://abdlfactory.com/index.php?route=common/home
Like this offers samples and sample packs and you can choose size options to find your size as well.

Also, each diaper is different. They can fit differently and can require a different strategy for successful positions for tapes.
Some diapers have both tapes up high requiring to tape up higher.
Some diapers have bottom tapes closer to the bottom of the wing, requiring a tape being applied closer around the legs.

Most incontinence brand diapers have the best strategy for their diapers probed on the package for the best optimal fit.

2b8dd94c01a0cb189d447d3a57bbf583.jpg

This is the diagram on the packaging in case you threw it in the garbage. What they are describing while laying down on diaper, is to stretch the back wings make sure you're centered as possible so that is not folded somewheres. With it being a few centimeters higher in the back than the front, bring up the top portion of the diaper and make sure it's centered correctly. Those arrows on the pictures means to pull in the direction from one part to toward that direction.

Here's a little strategy I can share, it's best to lay down. Adjust the diaper up and down, to make sure the back is slightly higher when you pull snugly the front portion of diaper up to your stomach. When centered, make sure you run your fingers through the crotch section so that leg gatherers are not around lower on your leg but higher in between your legs. Then take one forearm to hold down the front center part of diaper up high and snug while the other hand pulls the front wing around to the side of waist, with the arm holding the center high, use it's hand to hold the front wings down while you pull the back wings up with the top tape up towards your chest slightly making an arch to hug your curve of your mid-section with your other hand and then point the top tape slightly downwards as you stick it to the front part of diaper.

afe7ecb8342495f6dc533261490822b5.jpg

Same with other side.

For the bottom tapes, pull the slack from around the lower part of wings, stretching the leg gatherers through crotch around your leg and point the tape slightly upwards.

It takes time and practice. You'll get it.

I normally put mine on laying down on my bed.

First bottom tapes tight but not too tight on my legs.
Then top tapes, as tight as they will go on the waistband.

If the diaper is still a bit loose(bad design or fit), I wear supportive pants like cycling type shorts or simular, over the diaper.

I think I have a size too big sadly, and they can't be returned. :(

Sophiaa said:
I think I have a size too big sadly, and they can't be returned. :(

What is your width around your waist and which size did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back