Last time I order Tykables products

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

I'm a little frustrated with tykables company, I've ordered (2) cases from them in the past with no real issue.
I put the order in last Thursday, I got a confirmation email almost instantly. It's been a few days and I never got the shipping info email so waited until this morning to contact them.
I actually thought I would get the product before I would get the email because I live in there (1) day shipping window, and I put the order in before 6am Thursday.
I sent them an email with my order confirmation number, I got an email 10 min later asking to confirm my address, figured that was weird because my shipping info was correct on the 1st confirmation email. After confirming my address I was told that they would send this out to shipping tomorrow (Tuesday) This was mid morning, why wouldn't they send out the case today? Why would they not just look at the last order's address and see the same name, same house number and same city and say "we maybe having a glitch in our system" and send the package out same day I ordered; and the biggest problem I have is why did I have to do the detective work and contact them, they had no problem taking my bank card info and charging it right away.
I sent them an email stating I wasn't real happy with there service, they replied with a coupon code for 10% off my next order and said that perhaps I got an email asking to confirm my address and maybe it ended up in my junk file, sorry but that's insulting to me, you messed up and now your willing to part with $13.50, get real tykables, especially when there's other companies like ABU that would bend over backwards for there customer.

I've seen some instances where ABU has dropped the ball with customers before, so I don't think anyone is or can be perfect (they did ultimately make it right, at least to my satisfaction as an observer). We've got a lot more choice than we once did, so we can afford to be choosy. What you describe would have annoyed me but probably not put me off them forever but it's your call. I hope you get your order before long.

Life happens, people make mistakes.

SoakedinTexas said:
Life happens, people make mistakes.

I'd say it's a bit early to abandon a vendor with two hits that has a miss, especially one that gets corrected and offers some compensation. Like SiT says, nobody's perfect. If everyone broke off relations as soon as they had one problem, it'd be a very lonely world.

You know what they say shit happens.

All good to vent.

Waiting with crossed fingers they make this right and you get your order soonest and are happy again and it can get chalked upto a series of frustrating glitches.

Sorry anyone that wants to defend Tykables but you know would hate to find out later they were folding, pocketing as much cash as they could while lying to anyone chasing them... Obviously this has happened with other companies.

To be fair, they're human and decent people trying to run a business. I know and Mr. Aurkarm is actually old friends with one of the founders, and we both know the other. They're good people, and they're interested in doing the whole business thing right. I'd urge you to give them another chance, acknowledge that they tried to own up to their error, and chalk it up to "stuff happens." Seems only fair to me.

So did they arrive?

Seems a bit rash to not order from them over a small mistake. They're only human.

So the real question, are the diapers good?

I work in customer service (not at Tykables) and would like to give you some insight into your questions. First, I can tell you that typically once a shipment leaves our facility...it is in the hands of the shipping company. The rep may have discovered an issue with the original shipment, while on the phone with you, and decided to send you a new one instead of making you wait for the shipping company to fix its error. They then would have had to intercept the first one and bring it back their facility at cost to them, as opposed to making you wait it out. It is also possible that you contacted them after their daily pickup. My company's packages get picked up once a day at a scheduled time when a driver can be there as part of their daily route. If an order is placed after that time, it goes out the next day. Automated emails and company emails often go to junk/spam folders. This happens to me a few times a day with customers. There is no way to fix it because every email box is different and selects what it views as spam based on the habits of the email user. I think the coupon code was a great response. It sounds like a one time event. As far as asking you to confirm your address...they were probably looking to make sure they didn't screw up. Also...they most likely have a completely automated system for processing credit cards....so unless you called your order in....it was done on their website. I would calm down a bit.

Well I'm letting this play out, it's the end of day and still no shipping info email.. I do want to say that I've been working a ton and this heat hasn't helped so my lack of compassion isn't there, I'm normally a happier person but I'm burnt out so I have a little bit of a temper I guess, sorry if I offended anyone

Well I got the email just now, still at work and the tracking says delievered, I'm a little embarrassed and sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back