Diaper brands and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm looking for the best brand / style of diaper. I live in the UK so I won't have access to US diapers.

I previously tried the Tena Protective Underwear Discreet, but I'm wondering what you all recommend. I'm thinking of buying a pack of Tena slip's or flex's. They're both available from Welldricks pharmacy and I'm pretty sure Lloyds, which is what I'd want.

I'm looking for a discreet one, that has a good absorb feature and doesn't leak that much. Preferably a pull up style one but I'm willing to try an actual diaper, I just like the ease of pull ups.

I also need some advice/help. I still live with my parents, and I like to wear diapers. They're comfy, and I guess I have a little fetish for them. As well as wetting myself.

I need help with telling my parents that I like to wear them, as I'd like to be less secretive about it. I have to wait till they go out to dispose of them, I can't just simply have them in my room etc.

How could I tell them? I'd obviously be buying them myself, I just need to tell them. xx

Guessing you are looking at something you can pick up from a pharmacy rather than order online. The higher absorbency Tena Slips are pretty good, they are available from Lloyds, at least in the Leeds area anyway.

In terms of telling your parents, the approach probably depends on how accepting you think they will be. You could go down the route of saying you need them ocassionally for incontinence. You could go a step further and explain you like them for confort and that you like wearing them. Either way you don't want them to react badly, causing you problems, or making them worry about you!

Paul said:
Guessing you are looking at something you can pick up from a pharmacy rather than order online. The higher absorbency Tena Slips are pretty good, they are available from Lloyds, at least in the Leeds area anyway.

In terms of telling your parents, the approach probably depends on how accepting you think they will be. You could go down the route of saying you need them ocassionally for incontinence. You could go a step further and explain you like them for confort and that you like wearing them. Either way you don't want them to react badly, causing you problems, or making them worry about you!

Thank you! Super, plus or maxi? And have you personally used them? How are they? Plastic backed etc, how discreet are they. All the info I could have I want to know, aha. x

- - - Updated - - -

Paul said:

Also, what's the difference between the Flex and Slip?

tena slips are pretty good absorbancy wise but depends how much you wee and how long you wear one hun but i find they are pretty good for night time use if thats what you want them for xxx

Go for Maxi if you like thick! More absorbent and firmer fitting. However, if you want discreet go for the Plus, easy to conceal. The latest versions are cloth backed but you do sometimes find old stock of the plastic backed ones. The flex fasten with a breathable elasticatted wing, not as fond myself although a 'little' I looked after really liked them. If you can go mail order then you have more options :)

babymomma said:
tena slips are pretty good absorbancy wise but depends how much you wee and how long you wear one hun but i find they are pretty good for night time use if thats what you want them for xxx
I'd be wearing them out and about, doing my daily life. Night time too maybe. And thank you! I plan to gradually pee so it doesn't get soaked instantly, letting the absorb do its job.

Paul said:
Go for Maci if you like thick! More absorbent and former fitting. However, if you want discreet go for the Plus, easy to conceal. They latest versions are cloth backed but you do sometimes find old stock of the plastic backed ones. The flex fasten with a breathable elasticatted wing, not as fond myself although a 'little' I looked after really flicked them. If you can go mail order then you have more options :)
What's the super like? I may buy Maxi but I don't want it to be too obvious.

Kind of somewhere inbetween :) You might be like Goldilocks but why not start with the Maxi!

Paul said:
Kind of somewhere inbetween :) You might be like Goldilocks but why not start with the Maxi!

I don't want it to be too obvious.. aha
what's the bulge like between the 3 different types?

Any more brands, help or advice?

Super, plus, maxi or ultima?
Thickest to thinnest to : Plus > Super > Maxi > Ultima
Plus: Very thin and discreet. Though it will probably only hold for 1-2 wettings.
Super: I haven't tried Super so much but I'd say its double that of Plus.
Maxi: Probably double that of Super.
Ultima: A little bit thicker than Maxi.

And have you personally used them? How are they?
I have pretty much only used only Tena Slip so I'll give you my thoughts.
Tena is a very well fitted, high quality diaper.
I don't really know how to explain this but in comparison to a few other diapers, especially to Abena Abri-form
the Tena Slip has a sharper cut with more leg room which allows for a better, higher fit so that the diaper goes above your thigh rather than on your thigh.

One negative thing is that the plastic on the Active Fit is very thin which allows for tiny droplets to seep through when the diaper is full.
The thin plastic can rip if one massages the diaper a little bit too vigorously.

But Tena Slip Active Fit is still my favorite diaper.

Plastic backed?
The old Tena Slip were plastic backed. The new Tena Slip is not.
However Tena has released Tena Slip Active Fit which is plastic backed.

How discreet are they?
All diapers when dry will fit under jeans.
Plus and Super are very thin and perfect to wear at work or out and about.
Maxi and Ultima is more for home/night use but a good pair of pants will still easily hide these as well
but probably not for more than one wetting.

Active Fit will crinkle a bit but it's mostly only audible when there is little ambient noise.

What's the difference between the Flex and Slip?
Slip is a standard tape diaper.
Flex is a belted diaper

Tena Pants or Slip?
While the pants are very soft and easy to use they have a little bulk to them even when dry and when wet will start to sag.
The pants will also leak more easily since they sit very loosely.
So I'd argue that a slip plus or super is much more discreet than any pants.
But since the pants are sold with just 10 diapers per bag you can just buy one and try them out.

Reactions: tillylenn
Good round up by @rcane. Just a note that the Ultima (highest capacity) don't seem to be widely available in pharmacies in the UK. Molicares are pretty good, although don't like them as much since they went cloth backed. You can get them in some pharmacies though.

rcane said:
Super, plus, maxi or ultima?
Thickest to thinnest to : Plus > Super > Maxi > Ultima
Plus: Very thin and discreet. Though it will probably only hold for 1-2 wettings.
Super: I haven't tried Super so much but I'd say its double that of Plus.
Maxi: Probably double that of Super.
Ultima: A little bit thicker than Maxi.

And have you personally used them? How are they?
I have pretty much only used only Tena Slip so I'll give you my thoughts.
Tena is a very well fitted, high quality diaper.
I don't really know how to explain this but in comparison to a few other diapers, especially to Abena Abri-form
the Tena Slip has a sharper cut with more leg room which allows for a better, higher fit so that the diaper goes above your thigh rather than on your thigh.

One negative thing is that the plastic on the Active Fit is very thin which allows for tiny droplets to seep through when the diaper is full.
The thin plastic can rip if one massages the diaper a little bit too vigorously.

But Tena Slip Active Fit is still my favorite diaper.

Plastic backed?
The old Tena Slip were plastic backed. The new Tena Slip is not.
However Tena has released Tena Slip Active Fit which is plastic backed.

How discreet are they?
All diapers when dry will fit under jeans.
Plus and Super are very thin and perfect to wear at work or out and about.
Maxi and Ultima is more for home/night use but a good pair of pants will still easily hide these as well
but probably not for more than one wetting.

Active Fit will crinkle a bit but it's mostly only audible when there is little ambient noise.

What's the difference between the Flex and Slip?
Slip is a standard tape diaper.
Flex is a belted diaper

Tena Pants or Slip?
While the pants are very soft and easy to use they have a little bulk to them even when dry and when wet will start to sag.
The pants will also leak more easily since they sit very loosely.
So I'd argue that a slip plus or super is much more discreet than any pants.
But since the pants are sold with just 10 diapers per bag you can just buy one and try them out.
Thank you so much for this info! I really appreciate it. How discreet are the slips under tight fit clothes (skinny jeans, tight-ish sweatpants etc) as they're the normal clothes I wear. I don't own any 'regular' jeans.

Sophiaa said:
Thank you so much for this info! I really appreciate it. How discreet are the slips under tight fit clothes (skinny jeans, tight-ish sweatpants etc) as they're the normal clothes I wear. I don't own any 'regular' jeans.

I think that comes down to how you define discreet.
All will probably give you a flatter butt if your pants are tight.
I wear slim jeans and I usually pull down my pants a tad bit to get some air between the diaper and the jeans just to get rid of that flat diaper butt.

I'd say that plus and super are discreet enough to fit with most pants.

But with that said I have seen people wearing tena slip maxi under jeans that are barely visible.
I would recommend you check out Adrian Surley and Faye Taylor. Two girls who regularly wear Tena slips.

You could probably get a free sample from Tena by just asking here: www.tena.co.uk/contact-us/
I don't know if it will help but I'd phrase it like I am a current user but need some better protection.

rcane said:
I think that comes down to how you define discreet.
All will probably give you a flatter butt if your pants are tight.
I wear slim jeans and I usually pull down my pants a tad bit to get some air between the diaper and the jeans just to get rid of that flat diaper butt.

I'd say that plus and super are discreet enough to fit with most pants.

But with that said I have seen people wearing tena slip maxi under jeans that are barely visible.
I would recommend you check out Adrian Surley and Faye Taylor. Two girls who regularly wear Tena slips.

You could probably get a free sample from Tena by just asking here: www.tena.co.uk/contact-us/
I don't know if it will help but I'd phrase it like I am a current user but need some better protection.
What do you mean by letting air in, and the whole flat butt thing? I mean, if I do say so myself, I have quite a nice butt, but idk what a diaper will do to it. I thought the diaper would fit the butt shape

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought a pack of Tena Slip Supers! Can anyone give me advice as to how I could tell my parents? x

Don't tell your parents. There's no need to share a fetish with them. Even if it's not a sexual thing, it's still not wise. There's really no need to. It's best to keep this to yourself. You'd only aggravate the calm waters. It would be no different than someone telling their parents they like to do while in the bedroom, would you like if they share their moments in the bedroom with you without sparing the details?

Just don't do it, it's not necessary.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Don't tell your parents. There's no need to share a fetish with them. Even if it's not a sexual thing, it's still not wise. There's really no need to. It's best to keep this to yourself. You'd only aggravate the calm waters. It would be no different than someone telling their parents they like to do while in the bedroom, would you like if they share their moments in the bedroom with you without sparing the details?

Just don't do it, it's not necessary.
I see where you're coming from. What would be a good place to store them? the last pack I had I kept in my bag, but this pack is significantly better.

And I thought it'd just be better to tell them, so I've not got to be as discreet and secretive about it. It would also make disposing of them a lot easier.

Sophiaa said:
What do you mean by letting air in, and the whole flat butt thing? I mean, if I do say so myself, I have quite a nice butt, but idk what a diaper will do to it. I thought the diaper would fit the butt shape

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought a pack of Tena Slip Supers! Can anyone give me advice as to how I could tell my parents? x

What I meant by having some air/space between the diaper and your pants is that your pants can move and crease a little more freely instead of being pushed flat by the diaper.

Well I guess essentially what I'm talking about is the butt crack. A diaper will not easily crease and will make your butt crack less visible causing a flatter looking butt.
But that of course depends on the shape of your butt and the thickness of the diaper.
And while I can only speak for my own butt I am sure yours will look very nice in a diaper.

Congratulations. I think that Tena Slip Super is a very good start if you want something discreet and yet with some thickness. I purchased a pack supers my self a couple of days ago as a replacement for the plus I've been using.

To tell our parents is something I think most of us dream of doing. To be able to use diapers as we would use regular underwear. To be able to live as we wish. But while parents might be open and accepting, diapers might not be the easiest of things to accept.

A little bit depending on your age, I'd say if you don't really need to tell them it might be easier just to keep it to your self. At least for now.

rcane said:
What I meant by having some air/space between the diaper and your pants is that your pants can move and crease a little more freely instead of being pushed flat by the diaper.

Well I guess essentially what I'm talking about is the butt crack. A diaper will not easily crease and will make your butt crack less visible causing a flatter looking butt.
But that of course depends on the shape of your butt and the thickness of the diaper.
And while I can only speak for my own butt I am sure yours will look very nice in a diaper.

Congratulations. I think that Tena Slip Super is a very good start if you want something discreet and yet with some thickness. I purchased a pack supers my self a couple of days ago as a replacement for the plus I've been using.

To tell our parents is something I think most of us dream of doing. To be able to use diapers as we would use regular underwear. To be able to live as we wish. But while parents might be open and accepting, diapers might not be the easiest of things to accept.

A little bit depending on your age, I'd say if you don't really need to tell them it might be easier just to keep it to your self. At least for now.
I see what you mean now, thank you! And my parents also brought something up last night about having accidents, and I didn't say much about it but I guess if they do find them, that can be a backup plan, to say I've been having accidents throughout the night etc

Sophiaa said:
I see what you mean now, thank you! And my parents also brought something up last night about having accidents, and I didn't say much about it but I guess if they do find them, that can be a backup plan, to say I've been having accidents throughout the night etc

I'm currently wearing a Slip Super to work and I must say that the diaper is forming nicely around my butt. And you don't really get a flat butt. I might have been a little too paranoid earlier.

If you are having accidents you should tell your parents. But if not, well then you have your backup plan. Although some parts in me don't think you should lie about having accidents.

rcane said:
I'm currently wearing a Slip Super to work and I must say that the diaper is forming nicely around my butt. And you don't really get a flat butt. I might have been a little too paranoid earlier.

If you are having accidents you should tell your parents. But if not, well then you have your backup plan. Although some parts in me don't think you should lie about having accidents.
It's a little embarrassing telling my parents front on that I'm having accidents, sure I like wetting myself, but yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back