do you guys honestly like the thick plastic landing zones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landingxray

Est. Contributor
do you guys honestly like the thick plastic landing zones? I'm still trying to figure out which is the comfiest diaper that has no landing zone. do you know which one it is? thanks!

No. I never liked this because it makes the front of the diaper too stiff. The second chance tapes are just fine.
frankly, I have never had to re position the tapes. I know where they go on my body, and it is always the same for me.
so the ones I like that do not rely on a taping panel are Molicare super plus, Northshore supreme. Then there are crinklz, betterdry, Xpmedical's own brand, Attend w/waistband(you will need a stuffer to make this one useful, but they fit really nice. These are all plastic backed. I am not a fan of breathable diapers. There are still a few European brands as well, but i will not know the brand names. you can google save express and check those out as well. good luck.

I can do without a taping panel but I don't like the second chance tapes with Abena and Molicare. Taping panels seem like the best fix.

How about nappies with thin plastic landing zones? While I have encountered nappies where the taping zone is excessively thick and inflexible, that doesn't apply to all. The old Tena maxis had quite a thin landing zone. I don't know whether the new active fits do.

Akastus said:
How about nappies with thin plastic landing zones? While I have encountered nappies where the taping zone is excessively thick and inflexible, that doesn't apply to all. The old Tena maxis had quite a thin landing zone. I don't know whether the new active fits do.

Active fit does not have plastic on the landing zone and is more like Abena Abri-Form with double tapes.
The ABU diapers has very thick plastic on the landing zone which can be a bit too bulky.

I prefer thin plastic on the landing zone like the old tena slips since it keeps the tape from ripping the diaper and allows the tape to be refastened more than two times as is the limit with double tapes.

Love the landing zone completely and always think twice before trying old fashioned double tape style diapers.

That being said my fave Kolibri Comslips don't have a taping panel... I think they would be perfection if they did.

I like landing zones, but I can make do without them.

I second the 'no landing zone' people. I also like the second-chance-tapes. Barely use them, as I barely ever reposition. Sometimes re-fitting, because of the stretch od the dipaer, is usefull though.

I don't like or understand landing zones, or second chance tapes for that matter. For all it's faults, and there are many, Depend had great tapes, Attend does too. No landing zone, no second chance. If you need to retape, you can do so 2 or 3 times and it stays sticky and doesn't tear the diaper when you pull it open. There is no need for the landing zone or second chance.

I don't know what year's versions of Depend or Attend you're talking about but the tapes always ripped the diaper when peeled off for me. The plastic on Attends these days are weak and stretch badly. The tape system on the Depend usually stuck pretty good, but the diaper itself doesn't last long enough vs the price.

I love landing zones. I like the fit that they give. The fit usually stays nice and snug. Second chance tapes are chancy to me. Usually the second tape has very little adhesive area allowing the tapes to easily be tugged on by clothing.

I've always liked the landing zone. The tapes almost never pop off and I've had better luck with them if I need to reposition the tapes.

I like them at least for their better ability to hold tapes in general it seems.

I hate the second chance tapes and prefer the landing zone. God forbid you don't get the tapes right on the second chance tapes the first time, you're going to rip the diaper trying to reposition and you've wasted a perfectly good diaper. While I do wear Dry 24/7 frequently, I find I get the best fit and best overall function and comfort from the landing zone.

ArchtopK said:
No. I never liked this because it makes the front of the diaper too stiff.

That sums up my opinion pretty well. It is nice to be able to move the tapes, and it's also nice to have a thick front that won't tear, but a lot of the time I find the front too stiff/hard. It's not an issue during the day, but overnight I sleep a lot of the time on my back, with my hands on my thighs, and hard front panels (and sharp cornered tapes!) are uncomfortable. (on my wrists)

Last edited:
yes

I wear Abena m4 and dry 24/7 both with 2nd tapes and they are great don't usually need the extra tap and on unique wellness signature superior I like the landing zone

sometimes i use a thin packaging tape across the front and it works fantastic

it just makes it more crinkly tho so it wont be as quiet.

I prettymuch actively avoid them as much as possible. The biggest reason is that for some reason they're all the same size, and none of them go out to the edge of the wings, meaning that whether I buy a Large or an XLarge they're basically going to fit the exact same. And the other reason is that they're hard and inflexible.

I massively prefer the Abena Abriform system.

ArchtopK said:
No. I never liked this because it makes the front of the diaper too stiff. The second chance tapes are just fine.
frankly, I have never had to re position the tapes. I know where they go on my body, and it is always the same for me.
so the ones I like that do not rely on a taping panel are Molicare super plus, Northshore supreme. Then there are crinklz, betterdry, Xpmedical's own brand, Attend w/waistband(you will need a stuffer to make this one useful, but they fit really nice. These are all plastic backed. I am not a fan of breathable diapers. There are still a few European brands as well, but i will not know the brand names. you can google save express and check those out as well. good luck.

Hi Archtopk, make sense what you just said; do we really need the plastic landing zone and i am not a fan of the cloth like!
have a great day!

I tried BetterDry diapers (which laughably tried to replace the legendary COMFICARE! Ha!) & they have NO front panel.
So I attached the tapes; the tighter you can get them, the less chance there is of leakage around the back bum area.
After just a few minutes, the plastic material stretches & it becomes saggy. So I readjust with my ONE chance only blue tapes.
Then I turn over, & they rip a whole in the plastic.
In other words, diapers without the crinkly landing zone for me are about as much use as a feminist in a Bra shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back