Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you guys honestly like the thick plastic landing zones?

Default do you guys honestly like the thick plastic landing zones?

do you guys honestly like the thick plastic landing zones? I'm still trying to figure out which is the comfiest diaper that has no landing zone. do you know which one it is? thanks!

No. I never liked this because it makes the front of the diaper too stiff. The second chance tapes are just fine.
    frankly, I have never had to re position the tapes. I know where they go on my body, and it is always the same for me.
    so the ones I like that do not rely on a taping panel are Molicare super plus, Northshore supreme. Then there are crinklz, betterdry, Xpmedical's own brand, Attend w/waistband(you will need a stuffer to make this one useful, but they fit really nice. These are all plastic backed. I am not a fan of breathable diapers. There are still a few European brands as well, but i will not know the brand names. you can google save express and check those out as well. good luck.

I can do without a taping panel but I don't like the second chance tapes with Abena and Molicare. Taping panels seem like the best fix.

How about nappies with thin plastic landing zones? While I have encountered nappies where the taping zone is excessively thick and inflexible, that doesn't apply to all. The old Tena maxis had quite a thin landing zone. I don't know whether the new active fits do.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    How about nappies with thin plastic landing zones? While I have encountered nappies where the taping zone is excessively thick and inflexible, that doesn't apply to all. The old Tena maxis had quite a thin landing zone. I don't know whether the new active fits do.
    Active fit does not have plastic on the landing zone and is more like Abena Abri-Form with double tapes.
    The ABU diapers has very thick plastic on the landing zone which can be a bit too bulky.

I prefer thin plastic on the landing zone like the old tena slips since it keeps the tape from ripping the diaper and allows the tape to be refastened more than two times as is the limit with double tapes.

Love the landing zone completely and always think twice before trying old fashioned double tape style diapers.

That being said my fave Kolibri Comslips don't have a taping panel... I think they would be perfection if they did.

I like landing zones, but I can make do without them.

I second the 'no landing zone' people. I also like the second-chance-tapes. Barely use them, as I barely ever reposition. Sometimes re-fitting, because of the stretch od the dipaer, is usefull though.

I don't like or understand landing zones, or second chance tapes for that matter. For all it's faults, and there are many, Depend had great tapes, Attend does too. No landing zone, no second chance. If you need to retape, you can do so 2 or 3 times and it stays sticky and doesn't tear the diaper when you pull it open. There is no need for the landing zone or second chance.

I don't know what year's versions of Depend or Attend you're talking about but the tapes always ripped the diaper when peeled off for me. The plastic on Attends these days are weak and stretch badly. The tape system on the Depend usually stuck pretty good, but the diaper itself doesn't last long enough vs the price.

I love landing zones. I like the fit that they give. The fit usually stays nice and snug. Second chance tapes are chancy to me. Usually the second tape has very little adhesive area allowing the tapes to easily be tugged on by clothing.