Dating Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Although I'm not ready yet, I'm kind of interested in dating a guy eventually, but have no clue where to start.

As a transgender person, from what I've heard, is it gets more complicated to date, I've decided to wait until I start transitioning or at least see a gender therapist.

I'm just wondering, how does someone find a partner, I know you can't just walk into a store and buy one >.< hehe.

Or is it just something that takes time? I think I've come across a couple guys into me, in the past, but I'm not too sure, I discovered I was gay, when they grab my butt jokingly, and I enjoyed it, was a awkward situation, as someone who hasn't fully calm down sexually. I found out I was trans and gay later on in life, so I didn't really have a chance to find others, yet and am new to this.

I've been experimenting a little with my sexuality and I'm 100% certain I'm gay, and I'm also into trans-females, which is odd. is there a correct term for that, or am I gay straight in my specific case. since I'm a girl.

I've had to hide it, I've had some girls think I was gay ,and a lot of people did too, it's like they have a "gaydar" so to speak.

I'm not going to bother with online dating, as 99% of the time, It's a Nigerian scammer on the other end, or a catfish.

I'm asking for advice and tips, I'm not sure specifically if this belongs in the girls section, but since I'm trans, I think it's more appropriate here as there are other transgender people here with experience (I'm guessing) :p

Also.
To make it clear, so no one misunderstands. I'm looking only looking for advice, I'm not looking for anyone on adisc to date me. I'm just simply asking how would I go with dating in the real world.

You could easily start with being "BISEXUAL" - but the professional people prefer that you not be so quick to label yourself least you mislabel yourself and later find out
that you are really something else with a more specific definition !
As for dating that is out of my league but urge the same caution to go slowly till you get a handle on what and who you are.

Bisexual is still the correct term, even if it comes with an asterisk. To be honest, most people's sexuality totally comes with asterisks. It also is subject to change if the right person winks at you. Huehue.

But yeah, I sympathize sister. I spent my growing up frustrated at straight and gay men both who made me feel like less of a woman. There absolutely can be straight guys out there that might be able to get past things, but I'll tell that I've run into way more.. "Man, if you didn't have a dick you would be perfect." guys. Most straight men want nothing to do with it, no matter how much they are into your personality. They have that right I suppose, even if it made me pretty sad growing up. There are obviously some straight men that could be okay with it, but it can certainly feel a bit like a minefield. If you're going to play that field, be ready to be honest and straightforward and be ready for some rejection. Don't let them make you feel down about yourself though.

In my honest opinion, if you want a safer sort of playing field your honest best luck is bisexual and pansexual men, if that's what you're looking for yourself. Especially the latter, since the pansexual label is often used specifically to make trans people aware that they are included. Trans girls pairing up is becoming more and more common too, and you specifically mentioned interest in them so that's always a lovely avenue. You'll find someone who really understands that part of you. It's always lovely. Not only that but I find that a surprising amount of trans girls are really open to the whole age play/diaper stuff too. Cherry on the sundae.

Last edited:
I am a transwoman (MtF) who has been transitioning for several years and been on HRT for 18 months. I dated men, women, and am in a strong study relationship with another transwoman. That being said i can say without hesitation being transgender is not in any way going to make life easier. In-fact for most it make things more difficult, but also a bit more bearable as you discover your true self.

I can say that dating men or women as a transgender person is just plain difficult. it comes down to what attracts you to them, do you feel comfortable telling the person or do you not. Are you straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, demo-sexual ... the list is infinite, then what kind of romantic are you, what are your desires and what are your feelings about those around you.

My advice is this, if you feel ready to start dating men and you want to be honest from the get go, try a dating site that helps cover transgender people, but be cautious of "chasers". I know you said you don't want to use them and i agree they can cause your trouble, but i do know several people in the transgender community who use them with a level of success. If you want to be more discrete, then find social places that are safe and if you have friends always go with others. Better safe than sorry in my opinion. Big thing is take your time and feel comfortable with what you wish to do.

i hope you find your happiness, I know i did once i started transitioning.

if its any consolation to you my son who is straight likes transgender . I only found out a year ago when he came in tipsy and started to tell me but we had an open discussion on it when he was sober..probably my love for sissys and ABs has rubbed off on him and he has chosen his choice of who he would like in life ..he also has a few gay bi friends so there are straight guys out there hun who would welcome you with open arms...im pretty open minded as i have to be really with my own lifestyle so as long as he is happy i am happy for whoever he falls in love with and accept them for whatever gender they choose to be in life xxx

DrunkBear said:
Although I'm not ready yet, I'm kind of interested in dating a guy eventually, but have no clue where to start.

As a transgender person, from what I've heard, is it gets more complicated to date, I've decided to wait until I start transitioning or at least see a gender therapist.

I'm just wondering, how does someone find a partner, I know you can't just walk into a store and buy one >.< hehe.

Or is it just something that takes time? I think I've come across a couple guys into me, in the past, but I'm not too sure, I discovered I was gay, when they grab my butt jokingly, and I enjoyed it, was a awkward situation, as someone who hasn't fully calm down sexually. I found out I was trans and gay later on in life, so I didn't really have a chance to find others, yet and am new to this.

I've been experimenting a little with my sexuality and I'm 100% certain I'm gay, and I'm also into trans-females, which is odd. is there a correct term for that, or am I gay straight in my specific case. since I'm a girl.

I've had to hide it, I've had some girls think I was gay ,and a lot of people did too, it's like they have a "gaydar" so to speak.

I'm not going to bother with online dating, as 99% of the time, It's a Nigerian scammer on the other end, or a catfish.

I'm asking for advice and tips, I'm not sure specifically if this belongs in the girls section, but since I'm trans, I think it's more appropriate here as there are other transgender people here with experience (I'm guessing) :p

Also.
To make it clear, so no one misunderstands. I'm looking only looking for advice, I'm not looking for anyone on adisc to date me. I'm just simply asking how would I go with dating in the real world.

Well that's not completely true, my ex abdl bf I met off psn which was is just off a normal online gaming thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back