Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking and Drinking.

Default Smoking and Drinking.

Well, this is possibly the most unusual thing that someone may hear, but despite having depression, and anxiety.

I don't smoke, I don't really like alcohol, but drink the occasional drink, experimented with being drunk twice didn't really like it.

I don't do drugs, other than caffeine and legal drugs, what I mean is I don't do anything illegal.

I hate it when people smoke in public areas, and around there children, makes me feel sick.

I've never touched, or smoked a smoke once in my life time, I don't even "vape", I'm not sure if it's related to my anxiety or personal experiences.

I've always have had this irrational fear, that accidentally ingesting anything that isn't food or drinks, will kill me. such as that time I accidentally drank a little bit of dish washing liquid.

illegal Drugs can ruin lives, alcohol abuse can ruin lives, and don't really want to risk ruining mine, I know people who screwed up there brains using illegal drugs. (that and they make you look older than you are, ie wrinkles)

Why is it I feel this way about them, a lot of people are curious to try them, and end up getting hooked, while I could care less, and turn it down when offered them. I think it may because I like to be in control and don't like to damage my body, but I don't know.

For me diapers are my "drug", they provide the comfort, and support I need, I kinda want to live for ever, but escape my depression, so to speak.

I'm not hating on anyone here, everyone is free to do whatever they want to there body, we are free. that being said I'm not a health nut or anything. I'm not exactly a healthy eater :P

I've also have had this paranoia about eating too much, and worry about putting weight on, even have trouble eating more than one meal a day even though I'm a skinny bear, but I'm working on trying to eating 3 meals a day, in my early teens, I've kind of been a bit worried about my image.

I'm also a very fussy eater, don't know why I just am, but lately, I've been loving my food, ordering pizza, eating KFC, yummy but I can't eat much after that.

Anyone else relate to this?
    Last edited by LittleJess; 10-Aug-2016 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    Well, this is possibly the most unusual thing that someone may hear, but despite having depression, and anxiety.

I don't smoke, I don't really like alcohol, but drink the occasional drink, experimented with being drunk twice didn't really like it.

I don't do drugs, other than caffeine and legal drugs, what I mean is I don't do anything illegal.

I hate it when people smoke in public areas, and around there children, makes me feel sick.

I've never touched, or smoked a smoke once in my life time, I don't even "vape", I'm not sure if it's related to my anxiety or personal experiences.

I've always have had this irrational fear, that accidentally ingesting anything that isn't food or drinks, will kill me. such as that time I accidentally drank a little bit of dish washing liquid.

illegal Drugs can ruin lives, alcohol abuse can ruin lives, and don't really want to risk ruining mine, I know people who screwed up there brains using illegal drugs. (that and they make you look older than you are, ie wrinkles)

Why is it I feel this way about them, a lot of people are curious to try them, and end up getting hooked, while I could care less, and turn it down when offered them. I think it may because I like to be in control and don't like to damage my body, but I don't know.

For me diapers are my "drug", they provide the comfort, and support I need, I kinda want to live for ever, but escape my depression, so to speak.

I'm not hating on anyone here, everyone is free to do whatever they want to there body, we are free. that being said I'm not a health nut or anything. I'm not exactly a healthy eater :P

I've also have had this paranoia about eating too much, and worry about putting weight on, even have trouble eating more than one meal a day even though I'm a skinny bear, but I'm working on trying to eating 3 meals a day, in my early teens, I've kind of been a bit worried about my image.

I'm also a very fussy eater, don't know why I just am, but lately, I've been loving my food, ordering pizza, eating KFC, yummy but I can't eat much after that.

Anyone else relate to this?
    I can relate quite heavily to this... My friend's call me straight edge because I don't drink or smoke or do any drugs.

MarchinBunny

Hmmm ... I think you have some misconception about drugs. Just because certain drugs are illegal doesn't mean they are some how worse than legal drugs. In fact, tobacco is legal and it's worse than weed when it comes to your health. Heck, even alcohol is worse. I would go even as far to say certain foods are worse for your health than weed is. Food ruins peoples lives a whole lot more, which is one of the leading causes of preventable death in the US.

Also, drug use is common, but drug addicts are rare. Most people who try drugs, really only ever try it. It doesn't tend to go beyond that. Also, even those who do use drugs, tend to do so in moderation. Which again, tends to cause less harm than other things that are entirely legal.

I am not a drug user myself, but I figured it's important to point out that the only reason you view illegal drugs as bad, but non illegal drugs as not bad is because that is how society has brain washed you to think. The truth is the law has very little to do with which drugs are worse, tobacco being legal should be a clear sign of that.

It seems you mentioned you're in your early teens. If this is so your eating habits and *food cravings are very normal. Just go with it, with moderation, and stay active. You might gain a few pounds but likely nothing out of control ^_^

I'm glad that you don't use drugs or smoke/drink. I'm here at the ripe old age of 19, I'm fairly certain that I'm developing an alcohol problem (I've cut myself off for now, haven't had a drink in just over 2 weeks, not much but it's a start) and I know that I'm addicted to nicotine. Drugs are a different story for me, I've dabbled in the drug world, yet haven't been addicted to anything I've tried, that said, I've seen some pretty rough people who's lives have been destroyed by drugs. I don't know where I'm going with this, but its probably for the best that you stay away from drugs/alcohol/etc. they're not all bad, but life is probably just easier if you don't.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Hmmm ... I think you have some misconception about drugs. Just because certain drugs are illegal doesn't mean they are some how worse than legal drugs. In fact, tobacco is legal and it's worse than weed when it comes to your health. Heck, even alcohol is worse. I would go even as far to say certain foods are worse for your health than weed is. Food ruins peoples lives a whole lot more, which is one of the leading causes of preventable death in the US.

Also, drug use is common, but drug addicts are rare. Most people who try drugs, really only ever try it. It doesn't tend to go beyond that. Also, even those who do use drugs, tend to do so in moderation. Which again, tends to cause less harm than other things that are entirely legal.

I am not a drug user myself, but I figured it's important to point out that the only reason you view illegal drugs as bad, but non illegal drugs as not bad is because that is how society has brain washed you to think. The truth is the law has very little to do with which drugs are worse, tobacco being legal should be a clear sign of that.
    I know, there are legal drugs, that can be worse than illegal drugs, vice versa, but I'm mostly talking about hard core drugs like crystal meth, even some psychedelics are known to be quite safe, that being I most likely won't ever touch them.

Not all illegal drugs are bad or harmful, I'm not saying they are, when I talk about illegal drugs in this instance, I'm referring to your hard core drugs like meth, cocaine, molly heroine etc. that's why I said "can" dependent on the drug, with marijuana however I think the worse that can happen, is they eat too much and being lazy. but I know people who do it, and there fine, work there butts off etc.

I don't see weed, as a harmful drug I probably wouldn't do it myself, mind you I grow up around It.

Drug regulation is a odd thing, and tends to be political based, so some drugs are banned for no reasons at all, other than for political gain. It somewhat shows they don't really care about anything but taxes, you can't really tax cocaine, but you can with smokes.

This brings up a interesting topic, I know both sides are a bit "propaganderish" when it comes to drugs, like for example weed magically curing all forms of cancer, and that makes me facepalm, than you've got people saying, It's going to ruin lives, It's a gateway drug. Than you have people, who think that's its the worst thing in the world, It's quite hilarious. but I'm just that person who is like meh, it won't kill yah, it's not too harmful.

Than you've got people who think all drugs are bad, and go for all natural "medicine"

Even the anti-piracy propaganda gets a bit insane, such as "when you pirate you're supporting terrorists" It's quite humorous.

My wife is a diabetic who has to dialyze. We do home dialysis, but we have to go to the dialysis center to go over blood work and meds, and I'm always amazed to see many of the dialysis patients come out and while they're waiting for transportation, they're smoking a cigarette.

Ironically, heavy illicit drug use and binge drinking can destroy internal organs like kidneys.

When I was a college student, I was well acquainted with binge drinking and drugs, though the drugs were mostly hallucinogens. When I graduated I gave up the drugs, but I drank heavily until I had my bleeding ulcer in 1985. It's funny how you can quit alcohol cold turkey when you technically die.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    My wife is a diabetic who has to dialyze. We do home dialysis, but we have to go to the dialysis center to go over blood work and meds, and I'm always amazed to see many of the dialysis patients come out and while they're waiting for transportation, they're smoking a cigarette.

Ironically, heavy illicit drug use and binge drinking can destroy internal organs like kidneys.

When I was a college student, I was well acquainted with binge drinking and drugs, though the drugs were mostly hallucinogens. When I graduated I gave up the drugs, but I drank heavily until I had my bleeding ulcer in 1985. It's funny how you can quit alcohol cold turkey when you technically die.
    Indeed, my pop smoked and binge drinks, he has had three heart attacks, which isn't healthy for someone who isn't that old, having 3 heart attacks around the age of 56 is a bad thing.

My mums nana, is the only non-smoker in my family, and she lived until 89 which is good, she only drank occasionally.

He also has something called angina pectoris i think is the term.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    Indeed, my pop smoked and binge drinks, he has had three heart attacks, which isn't healthy for someone who isn't that old, having 3 heart attacks around the age of 56 is a bad thing.

My mums nana, is the only non-smoker in my family, and she lived until 89 which is good, she only drank occasionally.

He also has something called angina pectoris i think is the term.
    Angina is chest pain caused by the heart muscle not getting enough blood. That's usually cause by a blocked artery. My dad suffered from it. He would swallow a nitroglycerin pill when the pain hit. Nitroglycerin would cause a small explosion which would open or remove the restriction in the blood vessel.

This is an ironic admission, seeing as your screen name indicates you are drunk. Next thing you know you well be telling us you aren't really a bear.

Good on you though! Recreational drug use is the cause of too many ills. You are better off without it. I am much like you in that I have never really had an interest in such experimentation. The hardes drug I do is caffine in the form of soft drinks. I don't even drink coffee.

On the other hand; I do take psychopharmasuticals in an attempt to regulate my depression and andxiety. Some of these drugs have messed me up far more than they have helped. Others have been benneficial, but not without their unpleasant side effects. I don't really place myself in a different class from those who have a stiff drink after a hard day. We are both altering our neurochemistry to cope with mere existence, we just go about it somewhat differently. Ideally I would like to live drug free, but I haven't yet aquired the requisite coping skills.