Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I want to learn how to scuba dive because i always wondered what it would be like to explore the ocean floor also another reason i want to learn scuba is because i want to be a rescue diver i just have to take care of some things first before i can start learning scuba diving

It is fantastic.

I have 185 dives and have lived a few Jock Cusco shows. I have seen every part of a crab shed its shell and been attacked by a Coho salmon(I still have the teeth marks in my dive light to prove it).

Rescue divers are a hard core group and there is no way I can keep up with them shape wise.

egor said:
It is fantastic.

I have 185 dives and have lived a few Jock Cusco shows. I have seen every part of a crab shed its shell and been attacked by a Coho salmon(I still have the teeth marks in my dive light to prove it).

Rescue divers are a hard core group and there is no way I can keep up with them shape wise.

You mean Jacques Cousteau?

Nam Repaid said:

That is why I hate spell check. I thought it was wrong but I figured people will forgive me.

Nam Repaid said:

You mean Jacques-Yves Cousteau?

Scuba diving is great. I'm a qualified diver, but still need to do the open water part, (there wasn't enough time to finish it). It's quite an experience coming back to the surface afterwards, totally different world down below.

I got my open water certification last September and was able to do a couple dives in Monterey Bay before heading over and doing three dives on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot more time to dive since then, both my daughter and I need to get out and do more diving.

As a note, my daughter was eleven when she got certified as a Junior Scuba Diver at the same time as I got certified, not bad for someone that young!!!

I am hoping to find a buddy to do a simple dive this fall.

It has been 15 years since I did it the last time.

The little White Salmon river fish hatchery is on a shallow river (the Little White Salmon in the Columbia Gorge)is about 10 ft at the deepest and most is like 4 ft. Anyway It is so fun to swim with the salmon and take pictures.

How long does it take to get a open water certification

40 hours and 5 dives (at least in 1985 and was still the standards in 2003 when I helped on Cert weekends)

I regret not getting dive certified when in Japan because its cheaper. I do have a professional snorkel set that I love, I never swim in the ocean without my dive knife, any shark that tries to bite me is going to get the shit stabbed out of it.

I've been diving on off for almost twenty years. Mostly wreck diving off the British coast, including a couple of week-long trips to dive what's left of he Imperial German fleet that was scuttled at Scapa Flow, but also a 12-week expedition off the Bay Islands of Honduras before I went to university - now that was definitely an experience, especially swimming with whale sharks.

As cold, murky and tiring as some dives have been, the feeling of flying through an alien landscape never really gets old, though I've definitely reached the point where I prefer to dive in warmer and shallower waters now. I've done 60m in the North Sea in almost zero visibility, and that's as hardcore as I want to go. Technical diving has never really appealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back