Thread: Hair removal

Default Hair removal

I have bought some shaving foam whereas before I didn't use shaving foam and caused some nicks and cuts where I didn't use it, o.k I used soap for my underarms and legs but not for my down there area! I have thought about being careful where I put the shaving foam but using it for all the areas.

I think it will prevent nicks and cuts because my legs and underarms are fine when I shave. Is there any way of preventing hair re growth or delaying it?

Will it be healthy to shave every few days to get rid of the stubble?

Would getting some sticky tape and yanking it off work well?

Default Hair removal techniques (using sticky tape)

I was wondering how to get rid of body hairs and keep them away for longer, I read somewhere that yanking hairs out will make them weaker when they grow back and that will be easier to maintain.

At the moment, I am using shaving foam and a razor to shave off the hairs, but the problem is, within 2 days the hairs will start growing back, I don't want to constantly irritate my skin.

Another option I am considering is to use masking tape and yank it off, will that make the hairs weaker or do you need something else with it. What do you find is the best hair removal technique that you can swear by?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    I was wondering how to get rid of body hairs and keep them away for longer, I read somewhere that yanking hairs out will make them weaker when they grow back and that will be easier to maintain.

At the moment, I am using shaving foam and a razor to shave off the hairs, but the problem is, within 2 days the hairs will start growing back, I don't want to constantly irritate my skin.

Another option I am considering is to use masking tape and yank it off, will that make the hairs weaker or do you need something else with it. What do you find is the best hair removal technique that you can swear by?
    I would recommend you to use wax as I think that would be more effective than using sticky tape, I often wax my uni-brow, and legs to look a little more feminine, It doesn't hurt too much.

Usually doesn't grow back for awhile, as your yanking out the roots of the hair. just my suggestion that is.

It does cost a bit to do though, but it does pay off. I think masking tape would be a bit too weak, I've tried to do it when I was poor and couldn't afford to wax, didn't really work to well for me.

What about buying and using a No! No!. It's a weird name but you can order it on Amazon. Their advertisement says that hair will grow in finer over time and eventually some won't grow in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    What about buying and using a No! No!. It's a weird name but you can order it on Amazon. Their advertisement says that hair will grow in finer over time and eventually some won't grow in at all.
    No! No! is basically useless. I looked into it and consumer reports (and others) did testing and found it didn't live up to it's claims at all (surprise, I know).

The best option is to either wax (pay someone or buy wax strips) or to get an epilator (which is what I do).

Would getting some sticky tape and yanking it off work well?
    Very unlikely. Sticky tape just isn't sticky enough to get anything but a few hairs out. If you want to pull them out like that, buy a home wax kit from the pharmacy. Personally though, I think that is a waste of money. When you invest up front in a decent epilator, you won't have to spend money again for a good long while.

You can also try sugaring. It's similar to waxing, but some people claim it hurts less. You can also make it at home, but be really careful: Hot sugar is very dangerous. I've tried this two times already, and it's a little bit of a sticky business, but with the right flicking technique it seems one can really remove all hairs.

My hair was a bit long and I also applied it wrong a few times, so now I have some slight blue marks and some hairs still remain, but overall I'm quite happy with the result for my first try. I did not get any bad reactions the day after doing this, unlike when I use a razor or wax.

I read https://diysalon.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/diy-sugaring/ and https://diysalon.wordpress.com/2011/...ing-follow-up/ and I also watched a few Youtube videos on how to make and apply the sugar. I used the flicking technique. Cooking wasn't easy, I tried it 4 times, only second and fourth time were usable even though I don't think I changed much.

I doubt masking tape is sticky or sturdy enough to do much. Any other kind of tape.... OW! I can't even imagine doing that in sensitive areas.