Thread: My mental health and repeating myself excessively

Default My mental health and repeating myself excessively

I find when ever I talk about being relived that I have gotten the weight of my shoulders about my mom's health (she passed away) and my dad accepting my liking of toys, I keep going on about it, mainly because no words can express fully how relived and happy or upset and anxious I feel.

I go on for ages going on about the same thing but in different words and I go off on a tangent. How do I stop myself from doing that? Do I need to see someone? Because of my moms past and mistreating me and my family at times, I feel it's taboo and wrong to talk about it to somebody else who isn't it immediate family. Is this even healthy what I am describing?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    I find when ever I talk about being relived that I have gotten the weight of my shoulders about my mom's health (she passed away) and my dad accepting my liking of toys, I keep going on about it, mainly because no words can express fully how relived and happy or upset and anxious I feel.

I go on for ages going on about the same thing but in different words and I go off on a tangent. How do I stop myself from doing that? Do I need to see someone? Because of my moms past and mistreating me and my family at times, I feel it's taboo and wrong to talk about it to somebody else who isn't it immediate family. Is this even healthy what I am describing?
    I think considering what you have experienced, abuse from you mother and the death of your mother, that you qualify for some form of outside help. It can be beneficial talking out your feelings here on this site, but it can't compare to talking face to face with another person, especially with someone who is medically trained in psychology.

I've thought about it a number of times for myself. When my wife's health crashed, so did my life. So many past memories and experiences from when I was a child came vomiting up out of my subconscious. There were a lot of buried and suppressed memories, both of bullying and sexual abuse, things I hadn't really emotionally dealt with. My way of dealing with them was to write a book, something that dominated my life and took over six years to complete. When I finished, I felt a sense of relief.

Most people can't write a novel, but they can say many of the same things to another person, so that is my suggestion. Find a good therapist, someone who is capable of understanding the real you. Every journey begins with the first step. Mine was that first sentence. Your journey will be different, but no less important.