how much overlap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbob

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When wearing disposables, how much overlap is too much? I guess this could also indicate I bought too large a size. I'm wearing a Dry 24/7 right now, and have a good 8 inches of overlap from where the tapes are set around my side to there the front panel ends. I feel like the Abena L4 has pretty close to the same amount as well. Maybe go down to the Mediums in both?

it doesn't matter. if you can wear it comfortably, then the tapes could touch and you'd still be fine.

I sometimes wonder about this also.

I'm a 41 hips, 36" waist and medium Dry 24/7 have about 6" of overlap, and fits me very well.

ABU Simple fit me similar to a Dry 24/7.

A medium Tranquility ATN has about 1.5" inches of overlap. Tapes get located at about 10 and 2 o'clock. The mediums fit me very discretely, which I like for daytime work. However, I think that is not quite enough overlap, but I am hesitant to jump up to a large. I would expect the large ATN to have 6-8" of overlap and would not be as discrete for daytime use, but would likely be better for night time use as it would be a bit roomier. I think I will buy a bag of ATN large and try them some time....I might as well as I go though at least a bag a week of the mediums.

A medium Total Dry Plus fits me similar to a Tranquility ATN, but does not absorb and store wetness as well.

Last edited:
Fit is not always about the waist. it can also be about the distance from front to back. Most mediums are too short for me. The thicker they are the worse this situation. So, large sizes always fit me better in terms of length. But yes, they could be shorter in width. For me the 2 top tapes are about 3-4 inches apart.

Yes it doesn't mater it's what ever feels go to you. i use to be large all the time but lost a bunch of weight and now ware mediums and love it. Large use to go just over belly button now med is 2 inches under.

jamesbob said:
When wearing disposables, how much overlap is too much?

Most of my diapers fit to where the upper tapes just make it about to where the padding starts. The lower tapes usually are a little farther out. If the diaper is bigger on me, the lower tapes overlap very little more. If my diaper is running small, the lower tapes can be several inches farther back than the tops.

LittleICme said:
A medium Tranquility ATN has about 1.5" inches of overlap. Tapes get located at about 10 and 2 o'clock. The mediums fit me very discretely, which I like for daytime work. However, I think that is not quite enough overlap, but I am hesitant to jump up to a large. I would expect the large ATN to have 6-8" of overlap and would not be as discrete for daytime use, but would likely be better for night time use as it would be a bit roomier. I think I will buy a bag of ATN large and try them some time....I might as well as I go though at least a bag a week of the mediums.

A medium Total Dry Plus fits me similar to a Tranquility ATN, but does not absorb and store wetness as well.

I ran into the same problem! Im about to order some larges, let you know how they fit! Ya i just couldnt figure out why my case of mediums is fitting, but with so little overlap!!! The company lies or something???...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back