Yes! As a medically incontinent Adult Baby, my bedroom "smells of pee" all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I will admit that as a medically incontinent Adult Baby with Autism & Cerebral Palsy, my bedroom "smells of pee (and sometimes of poop) all the time", no matter how much laundry I wash. Just like 54 years ago, when I shared the back bedroom in the house trailer I lived in Derry, NH with my baby brother and with my Mom and Dad, the smell of "total incontinence", along with the odor of baby care products fills my bedroom.
Just an "observation"...

Do you open your window for at least half an hour a day, I sometimes leave it open for longer, do you use air freshener? Do you clean our leaked clothing straight away? Those factors may present a difference in the odour in your room. I am hoping my room doesn't stink of wee, but I can blame it on the cat being in my room and peeing without my knowledge. I admit I have leaked onto the floor once or twice, I hope I managed to get the smell out, also do you shampoo your carpets if you leak?

guilty!!! my bedroom has that unmistakable pee/poop/powder aroma. I open the windows and spray febreeze, but we all know that's not enough

the smell really sticks to everything... I don't leave home without it!

The nursery smell is definitely something you can't really get rid of, no amount of window opening can change that if you're constantly adding to it like we tend to do. Shampooing the carpet every time I have an accident or a leak on the carpet would get pretty exhausting too, and living in an apartment the bathroom is basically a water closet, so the trip from having my diaper changed to the shower is an often perilous one in this regard.

I do put some effort in keeping the amonia smell from getting too strong though, that can really bother the sinuses, but that's mostly in making sure the used diapers get removed at a constant rate.

Carolus said:
The nursery smell is definitely something you can't really get rid of, no amount of window opening can change that if you're constantly adding to it like we tend to do. Shampooing the carpet every time I have an accident or a leak on the carpet would get pretty exhausting too, and living in an apartment the bathroom is basically a water closet, so the trip from having my diaper changed to the shower is an often perilous one in this regard.

I do put some effort in keeping the amonia smell from getting too strong though, that can really bother the sinuses, but that's mostly in making sure the used diapers get removed at a constant rate.
nursery smell! that's it exactly

So even with my efforts would other people smell it?

Hmm?
Why do you think that Nursing Homes smell of cleaning products all the time?
It is to mask the smell of the pee-pee and poo-poo the elderly and disabled make in their diapers.:eek:

I sometimes can smell it if I havn't opened a window in a while or if i havn't emptied my diaper pail but mostly I can't, I hope I am not going nose blind. It is always when I walk into my room, I notice it.

Have you thought about getting a diaper genie?

tobdy1986 said:

Yeah, just unfortunately they're not all that practical and the bags are expensive. When you're going through 4-5 adult diapers a day you kind of have to go with traditional trashcan. Maybe if and when I can get a unit with a washer/drier in it or a house or something I could switch to cloth and maybe give it a shot.

tobdy1986 said:

I have one, which I modified to accept adult diapers & under-pads.

Our basement smells of poop and pee from my used diapers but not all the time. Only when I change or open the diaper pail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back