Being emotionally comfortable in a diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayannight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As I became more in need of wearing a nappy I didn't feel guilty because all I was doing was taking a rational response to a problem posed by my body. But i didn't feel comfortable until instead of a disposable I tried using a cloth diaper.

I somehow felt at home with the terry cloth diaper and tried to remember when I had last used these as a child - and couldn't - I just put it down to having a long lost memory of being comfortable and comforted by mum as a baby.

Much more recently I saw some cloth adult trainer pants advertised and a bit more of the jigsaw puzzle slipped into place. I wore the juvenile version of these when I was at school and in bed at night.

It is the daytime memories that seem most relevant. The pants held enough pee to help avoid big accidents, and masked any that were too bad - at least the damp didn't show on my black school trousers.

After I stopped needing them every day, I was given them for trips out and always recall feeling much more comfortable because of the security they gave- especially about bowel accidents which the multi layered reinforced rear contained better than anything else.

Cloth is inconvenient given my lifestyle, but when I do wear nappy material next to the skin I feel far more "at home" and comfortable than in a disposable diaper.

Anyone else find that memories of safety and the security of knowing you wouldn't be picked on as a "wetter" etc. contribute to their present day attitudes?

Last edited:
I had a problem with getting used to because i was raised that diapers are only for babies. As i grew up i realized and found out that even adults need them. My problem started when i would go and think i was done and i wasnt (tho i stood there 5-10 min) i would walk away and get a small wet spot on my pants (thank goodness for the type of pants i have to wear to work, they dried quickly. I just told myself thats it, im going back to diapers (secretly i wanted anyways). So now i am 24/7 since march 2015. I still sometimes think bout but i feel normal and i am happier. The only draw back is i dont change at work for i buy very absorbant ones (def plastic backed, like the crinkly its a reminder i am protected). It takes time for anyone to get used to. Huggles for now

I agree with dayannight about the comfort and security that diapers give. I almost always use the adult cloth trainer pants because I don't want to fool with diapers and pins, and the pull-ons are easier. I just like the soft, snuggly feel of the extra layers of protection around me. I use disposables if on a journey or away from home where I can't deal with laundry for cloth pants, but I much prefer cloth diaper pants and plastic pants over them. I wasn't picked on too much for wetting as a child because most people didn't know about my wetting; I had one or two friends who were OK with it. I was always afraid of others finding out because I would have been bullied unmercifully, but it didn't happen much. I am not concerned about others knowing now. I need protection because of my wetting, and so I wear protection because I like it.

Well I must say that there are some cloth diapers that are inconvenient but I find that the newer versions of them are actually really nice. I have spent quite some time designing a cloth diaper that functions just as well as a disposable and I have finally found the one that works. I wear them to work and pretty much anywhere. I love them and find that there are several aspects about them that work better than disposables. You just have to try out the different kinds.

I remember the first time I got excited about protection. My sister and I were on our way out to church. She was younger and had a few of the thick training underwear. For some reason I couldn't find a clean pair of my underwear and ended up wearing a pair of hers. All the way to church (which was quite a drive to another county) I enjoyed how much warmer and tingling they were. Its no wonder I was 30 before I started getting interested in intimacy with my husband. He just couldn't match the warm cozy feeling of cloth.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

One way I feel more comfortable in an adult diaper - dry or full is to wear waterproof pants, There are the ones that people use for outdoors and for skiing. I can only use them in winter because they are so hot. Conni also makes a pair or rubber fittted pants with ties at the waist and legs that are waterproof and for protection in pools. I can use them all year round - even just alone. They are really thick and disguise my diaper. Discovery trekkers rubber velcro briefs also seal really well. They are in the attached photo. It's can be a good idea to use transparent plastic pants so you can see the welness indicator and whether they are any leaks. Seni quatro medium are the most comfortable and most silent diapers on the market.

I wouldn't feel dressed properly now without a nappy.

chestnut7718 said:
One way I feel more comfortable in an adult diaper - dry or full is to wear waterproof pants, There are the ones that people use for outdoors and for skiing. I can only use them in winter because they are so hot. Conni also makes a pair or rubber fittted pants with ties at the waist and legs that are waterproof and for protection in pools. I can use them all year round - even just alone. They are really thick and disguise my diaper. Discovery trekkers rubber velcro briefs also seal really well. They are in the attached photo. It's can be a good idea to use transparent plastic pants so you can see the welness indicator and whether they are any leaks. Seni quatro medium are the most comfortable and most silent diapers on the market.
What kind of a diaper is that blue one ? It looks very nice and comfortable, how's the absorbency ? Can you get thru a day with it or does it need boosted ?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It sorta feels like armor...soft armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back