Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
Has anyone else gotten an unsolicited e-mail from these people? My malware blocker blocked the ad from their page from being clicked on as being suspicious/tracking.

Then I go to their website with NoScript and see two styles, pictured with WET diapers (wtf, who even does that!)

One is the Fabine, where they talk about it being the "most absorbent diaper in the world" which may not actually be true anymore. Plus we all know how questionable Fabine is with their honesty (with their pinhole leak scam and all).

Second brand is what appears to be the ABU SDK, and they are saying that *they* designed it, based on their description. Original owner of ABU or is this just a plagiarist? netdiapers DOT com/products/super-dry-kids-sdk-diapers

Seems kind of suspicious to me.

Edit: Warning! Do not buy from these people. See the e-mail from ABU below. NetDiapers.com is the previous owner of ABU, and is violating the legal agreement with the new ABU, among other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never tried the original SDKs but see lots of people miss them. Be interesting to find out if they are actually made the same way as the original or something based on the original with different components.

I hope this company is not a scam.

crinklekitty said:
Has anyone else gotten an unsolicited e-mail from these people? My malware blocker blocked the ad from their page from being clicked on as being suspicious/tracking.

Then I go to their website with NoScript and see two styles, pictured with WET diapers (wtf, who even does that!)

One is the Fabine, where they talk about it being the "most absorbent diaper in the world" which may not actually be true anymore. Plus we all know how questionable Fabine is with their honesty (with their pinhole leak scam and all).

Second brand is what appears to be the ABU SDK, and they are saying that *they* designed it, based on their description. Original owner of ABU or is this just a plagiarist? netdiapers DOT com/products/super-dry-kids-sdk-diapers

Seems kind of suspicious to me.

I'm thinking that several of those pictures are just badly photoshopped, they just look so oddly saturated in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an e-mail from ABU:

A Message from Casey Strom, CEO of ABUniverse
Since my purchase of ABUniverse on March 6th 2015, it has been our goal to be transparent, honest, and to remedy all the wrong decisions the previous owners viewed as acceptable business practices. I personally responded to thousands of emails regarding unfulfilled orders from the previous owners, and we have done our best to go above and beyond what is necessary to revive the brand because it was the right thing to do. With this said, ANY threat to our brand and mission statement will be taken seriously.

We’ve taken the time to trademarked almost every product we have to protect you and us from counterfeit products, and we are very active in watching the imports/exports within the USA.

Recently, I was made aware that Mr. Jason Sidell, a previous owner of ABUniverse between 2008-2015, had prepared to re-enter the market selling adult diapers. His company, Netovi Inc, had been formed in Washington with a warehouse in the city of Snohomish. Jason’s company has recently imported 316 cartons of goods.

Tonight, August 3rd, 2016 at 10:30pm Pacific, we were made aware that many current customers of ABU received an email from "NetDiapers.com", and based on every available description on the website, it is part of Netovi. NetDiapers.com is violating the trademark and copyright we own on the ABUniverse Super Dry Kids™ brand, and we have every intention of protecting our intellectual property through every extent of the law. The email address database is owned by ABU through a purchase agreement executed in March 2015. We can only assume that the previous owners did not delete their copy of the database passed along to us.

We believe passing on this knowledge is important for you, the consumer, to make informed and safe purchases especially within the ABDL community.

Competition is what helps us grow and continue to innovate so that we always maintain quality with each new product. This is also important with existing brands. We believe in competing fairly, abiding by the rules, and remaining transparent.

We greatly appreciate every order you make with ABU worldwide, and will continue to do our best to bring new and exciting products to market.

Thank you for your continuing business to help us evolve.

Sincerely,

Casey Strom
CEO, ABUniverse
Strom Holdings LLC
https://abuniverse.com

The "wetness" you spoke of is shadow from the photographer blocking the light. Not a professional photographer if they do that.I just saw the email from Abu regarding this.DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

crinklekitty said:

I got the same email. And if the owner of ABU is claiming copyright infringement then I'm inclined to believe him based my experience with his company. I was one of the ones who got scammed out of an order as the previous owners sold their company off. If these are the same people (or person) who felt it reasonable to take money but leave orders unfulfilled before selling off their old company then I'd stay far away from this business.

crinklekitty said:

I will admit I have been extremely impressed with the way the new owners are handling the business. I received the same e-mail from netdiapers.com and was a bit surprised to see the SDK's for sale. Based on the business practices of the previous owner, it seems that they are back to their old tricks...

I'm glad to see this mysterious email I received late last night has been revealed. I was thinking hard trying to figure why this company seemed so familiar. I had saved an old receipt from the old ABU and noticed the address was fairly close, but now the connection makes sense. It's nice to finally know the name of an individual who tried to rip me off....

I will have to say ABU new owners have turned things around, at first I did have an issue, but he did resolve it, I have gone back and ABU have been very happy. but the new one from the old owners I would not trust one bit after how the old owner burn me, with no word. I would say the word needs to be gotten out not to use the new site for the old owners, maybe legal action might not be needed if they don't get any one to buy from them. But at the same time legal action needs to be taken as there is a breach of business ethics there, and possible violation of contractual laws. I would say the new owner should do all with in his legal power to shut down netdiapers.

I don't know anything about ABU's history, but I do know that clicking the netdiapers link has my antivirus a little on edge.

With the webroot filtering extension, netdiapers comes up as yellow for "Moderate Risk"
Both ADISC and the new ABU come up dark green for "Trustworthy"

This kinda makes me sad. I would have hoped if old ABU was sold lock stock and barrel to the new (fabulous) owners then anyone involved with the old business would do their own thing next.

I only looked from the link here but if I had of received an unsolicited email personally would have just blocked it.

Might be cheeky but it seems they could have approached this more ethically, assuming these SDK Classics are new and not just old stock I think they should have designed a new taping panel and name to differentiate themselves. Then I am sure they could have marketed themselves as the originators of SDKs. Using an old mailing list is not great though, breach of trust.

Argent said:
This kinda makes me sad. I would have hoped if old ABU was sold lock stock and barrel to the new (fabulous) owners then anyone involved with the old business would do their own thing next.

I only looked from the link here but if I had of received an unsolicited email personally would have just blocked it.

Might be cheeky but it seems they could have approached this more ethically, assuming these SDK Classics are new and not just old stock I think they should have designed a new taping panel and name to differentiate themselves. Then I am sure they could have marketed themselves as the originators of SDKs. Using an old mailing list is not great though, breach of trust.
They certainly could have been more ethical about how they went about things, yes. The problem is that they weren't very ethical in the first place. Do a poll on here as to how many people got burned by the old owners of ABU--it's far too many. The new owners were actually quite generous with those customers who were screwed by the old owners, and I think they're built a great reputation since.

I strongly encourage the new owners of ABU to go after this. The copyright on the diaper was sold to them as part of the business sale, so they are in violation of copyright law. Keeping a copy of the old e-mail list when it was also part of the deal is something that I believe also is a legal violation.

Fingers crossed they can come to some sort of arrangement as legal stuff is so expensive and while people may win justice everyone might loose in the end and then we have less fabulous diapers available.

I received one from abu also about net diapers. I wont by any thing from net diapers.

All of the AB diaper companies are ordering these products from China and then reselling to you at a huge markup. The Chinese manufacturers even list the products on Alibaba to buy in bulk. Seeing is believing!

Cushies: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Adult-Diapers-carton-pictures-print-by_60323333810.html

SDK: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ABDL-adult-Baby-print-diapers-buying_60282484718.html

Look at the pics at the bottom of the SDK page. Recognize all of Bambino's products there, too? Yep. They have other AB company's products, too.

Both ABU and Bambino are sourcing their products from Panda Imports & Exports. Panda doesn't care who the buyer is, they have the design and machinery in place, so they'll sell for 30-60 cents per diaper to anyone who can afford to buy 20000 diapers at a time. ABU and Bambino do this, and then mark them up to $1.70 a diaper when you buy in quantities of 80. They do incur shipping overhead and taxes of course; but if I had to guess, they're making about 40-80 cents per diaper in profit. Also, EVERYTHING is negotiable in China. I wouldn't be surprised if ABU/Bambino have negotiated even lower prices than are listed on alibaba.com.

Given that I can't afford to buy 20000 diapers at once, I am okay with paying the markup and order from ABU and Bambino all the time!

NetDiapers.com probably just bought the SDK's right from Panda and are undercutting them on price to attract business. But not picking their own print design and reusing ABU's mailing list unsolicited is very underhanded. I wouldn't trust them.

Last edited:
Well it is only $.30 per product, then there are import taxes, transportations, Rent for storage space, shipping to us, pay roll, pay roll taxes, web site hosting, etc by the time it gets to use it probably cost ABU and Bambino $1.50 to get it to us so they probably only makes $0.20, they don't make the diff as all proffit they have to pay a lot. I have a friend that owns a restaurant, people complain the prices are "too high" it is a medium price place, and to make ends meat he still has to live with his parents, this place has been in his family for 4 generations, and it is busy, but the margins are razor thin, and probably the same for diaper companies.

It's somewhat disappointing but not really surprising to see China having no respect for IP.

Netdiaper may be thinking "well if I can buy it from china then it must be OK for me to sell it here!", and no, that's not how it works. Not if the diaper design was ABU's IP which was sold. On the other hand, it's possible that this diaper manufacturer in china actually owns the IP. In that case, they can sell to whomever they want to, and those retailers can go on to sell it to anyone they want to.

So we need to clear up whose IP this actually is. I'd bet that there's additional cost in making something like that your own IP, since it requires graphics artists, product design testing, paying legal, licensing, and filing fees, and in the end will limit the manufacturer from selling to other parties. I also recall reading that diapers are treated similar to medications by the FDA and require some testing for product safety. If ABU took the cheaper route of having them design it and retain IP rights, the new ABU may have no authority to control sales here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back