Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: netdiapers.com

Default netdiapers.com

Has anyone else gotten an unsolicited e-mail from these people? My malware blocker blocked the ad from their page from being clicked on as being suspicious/tracking.

Then I go to their website with NoScript and see two styles, pictured with WET diapers (wtf, who even does that!)

One is the Fabine, where they talk about it being the "most absorbent diaper in the world" which may not actually be true anymore. Plus we all know how questionable Fabine is with their honesty (with their pinhole leak scam and all).

Second brand is what appears to be the ABU SDK, and they are saying that *they* designed it, based on their description. Original owner of ABU or is this just a plagiarist? netdiapers DOT com/products/super-dry-kids-sdk-diapers

Seems kind of suspicious to me.

Edit: Warning! Do not buy from these people. See the e-mail from ABU below. NetDiapers.com is the previous owner of ABU, and is violating the legal agreement with the new ABU, among other things.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 13-Oct-2016 at 06:41. Reason: snipping url

Never tried the original SDKs but see lots of people miss them. Be interesting to find out if they are actually made the same way as the original or something based on the original with different components.

I hope this company is not a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by crinklekitty View Post
    Has anyone else gotten an unsolicited e-mail from these people? My malware blocker blocked the ad from their page from being clicked on as being suspicious/tracking.

Then I go to their website with NoScript and see two styles, pictured with WET diapers (wtf, who even does that!)

One is the Fabine, where they talk about it being the "most absorbent diaper in the world" which may not actually be true anymore. Plus we all know how questionable Fabine is with their honesty (with their pinhole leak scam and all).

Second brand is what appears to be the ABU SDK, and they are saying that *they* designed it, based on their description. Original owner of ABU or is this just a plagiarist? netdiapers DOT com/products/super-dry-kids-sdk-diapers

Seems kind of suspicious to me.

I'm thinking that several of those pictures are just badly photoshopped, they just look so oddly saturated in my opinion.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 13-Oct-2016 at 06:42. Reason: updating quote

Just got an e-mail from ABU:

A Message from Casey Strom, CEO of ABUniverse
    Since my purchase of ABUniverse on March 6th 2015, it has been our goal to be transparent, honest, and to remedy all the wrong decisions the previous owners viewed as acceptable business practices. I personally responded to thousands of emails regarding unfulfilled orders from the previous owners, and we have done our best to go above and beyond what is necessary to revive the brand because it was the right thing to do. With this said, ANY threat to our brand and mission statement will be taken seriously.

We’ve taken the time to trademarked almost every product we have to protect you and us from counterfeit products, and we are very active in watching the imports/exports within the USA.

Recently, I was made aware that Mr. Jason Sidell, a previous owner of ABUniverse between 2008-2015, had prepared to re-enter the market selling adult diapers. His company, Netovi Inc, had been formed in Washington with a warehouse in the city of Snohomish. Jason’s company has recently imported 316 cartons of goods.

Tonight, August 3rd, 2016 at 10:30pm Pacific, we were made aware that many current customers of ABU received an email from "NetDiapers.com", and based on every available description on the website, it is part of Netovi. NetDiapers.com is violating the trademark and copyright we own on the ABUniverse Super Dry Kids™ brand, and we have every intention of protecting our intellectual property through every extent of the law. The email address database is owned by ABU through a purchase agreement executed in March 2015. We can only assume that the previous owners did not delete their copy of the database passed along to us.

We believe passing on this knowledge is important for you, the consumer, to make informed and safe purchases especially within the ABDL community.

Competition is what helps us grow and continue to innovate so that we always maintain quality with each new product. This is also important with existing brands. We believe in competing fairly, abiding by the rules, and remaining transparent.

We greatly appreciate every order you make with ABU worldwide, and will continue to do our best to bring new and exciting products to market.

Thank you for your continuing business to help us evolve.

Sincerely,

Casey Strom
    CEO, ABUniverse
    Strom Holdings LLC
    https://abuniverse.com

The "wetness" you spoke of is shadow from the photographer blocking the light. Not a professional photographer if they do that.I just saw the email from Abu regarding this.DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

I got the same email. And if the owner of ABU is claiming copyright infringement then I'm inclined to believe him based my experience with his company. I was one of the ones who got scammed out of an order as the previous owners sold their company off. If these are the same people (or person) who felt it reasonable to take money but leave orders unfulfilled before selling off their old company then I'd stay far away from this business.

I will admit I have been extremely impressed with the way the new owners are handling the business. I received the same e-mail from netdiapers.com and was a bit surprised to see the SDK's for sale. Based on the business practices of the previous owner, it seems that they are back to their old tricks...

Here's what I can tell you, as a former local in the area where both businesses are:

When I first bought from ABU around 2011, it was based in Snohomish, WA, not far from where I lived at the time. I made two purchases from them and will-called at their north Snohomish warehouse, just south of Fred Meyer on Bickford Avenue. Some time after that, I learned that the product was now warehoused in Everett, WA and the business was under new ownership/management (forgot which term was used). I don't know what went on or the details of the change, but what is, is. Variety went down, quality went up, variety's returning. There seemed to be a lot of unhappy people from the first incarnation but that seems to have gone by the wayside now.

I appreciate Casey's dedication to the site and business overall, he seems to have improved it greatly as well as increased its visibility. Not sure if this other entity is sour grapes or what, but it looks like they got their Snohomish warehouse back. It also looks like they retained the old mailing list: that's a grey-area in legality, but they sure are breaching ethics in using it to contact current ABU clientele. However, their claims about the SDKs are spurious, but I've always wondered if Procter & Gamble/Pampers would ever make a stink (pun intended) over it if they found out. The novelty is great, but some friends and I wondered if that could be a copyright issue. However, nothing's come of it so that's a moot point.

What isn't moot, however, is this other entity shoehorning in as they are. Maybe they are banking on no legal action being taken in response, given the nature of the business (novelty adult diapers), so this could be a drawn-out drama...but hopefully I'm wrong and the other entity finds their way into the diaper pail. There's only so far one can carry a grudge, legit or not.

Default netdiapers.com

We should get the message out there. Based on previous experiences netdiapers will not be good for customers. It's a real shame when ABU have been doing such a fantastic job. I really appreciate great customer service.

I'm glad to see this mysterious email I received late last night has been revealed. I was thinking hard trying to figure why this company seemed so familiar. I had saved an old receipt from the old ABU and noticed the address was fairly close, but now the connection makes sense. It's nice to finally know the name of an individual who tried to rip me off....