The difference between us and real kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I made a post a while back, about how I saw a little boy walking with his family, and his overall sense of wonder at everything he saw was so sweet and innocent, and how he had a real look of excitement about him, as he tried to take in everything around him, like it was all a big adventure, and it made me feel little.

I thought I'd try and make a thread about what I remember about being a kid, compared to doing regression now, and pretending to be one.

Let's face it. We can wear our diapers, play with toys, drink from bottles and stuff, but it's almost impossible to actually recreate the true feelings of childhood.

: As above. Having a genuine feeling of wonder and excitement doing the most mundane things, like shopping. Remember how much fun browsing the toy aisles were, even if you weren't getting anything? What about suddenly seeing a new puppy, or the neighbors new boat? That sense of wonderment.

: Sleeping in the backseat of the car while your parents drove. Absolutely nothing in the world to worry about. They were in charge, and would get you home safely.

: Being looked after when you'd hurt yourself. How many of us would fall over and skin our knees, but not start crying right away? You'd pick yourself up, and manage to find a grown up to help you, then you'd start crying. It was like you had to look after yourself, but only until you could pass that responsibility over.

: Being able to totally zone out while watching TV or reading a book. Being completely and utterly oblivious to what was going on around you.

: As above, but while playing. Yes, we can play with toys now, but what about crawling around the floor playing with cars or soldiers and being completely immersed in it, even if there were others in the room?

: Getting dirty and not caring. Perhaps playing outside, and your mother brings you out a treat. You have dirty hands, so you rinse them at the tap, then casually wipe them on your t-shirt, and nobody cares.

: Wetting. It's an obvious one, I know, but wetting your pants, and it not being a big deal. If you were really young, you'd get changed, if you were a bit older, you'd just get told to go and change, and a big deal wasn't made of it.

: The same as needing to go to the toilet. Being able to complain loudly about it, and potty dance around while holding yourself, and making sure that everyone knew about it.

: The joy of an unexpected treat. Your at the shop with mum, and without even asking for anything, she buys you an ice cream, or dad suddenly comes home with sweets for no reason. Just because they love you and like to see you happy.

: Going to bed. Yes, you'd probably moan about it, but when you were finally there, it was such a nice, safe feeling, especially if you were a bed wetter, and had protection on. Knowing if you wet the bed, it wouldn't matter.

I could keep going, but I want to see your additions to my list of mundane things that made you feel truly good.

I still feel the same joy of being a child as I did back in the day, the same wonder of the supermarket is there and I safe in bed when I am regressed.

I believe part of the reason we have lost that "wonderment" is because of our ability to process information. Back then everything was new and interesting, time seemed to move slower. Now time flies, we pigeon hole all the little bits of information that seem useless that, back then would have been elaborated upon.

My childhood was filled with lots of fighting (parents divorced when i was 3). So the feeling safe or loved was short lived. Its all good tho cause i realized at a young age vry young age that life is full of nastey and hateful people. We dont care for each other as much as we used to instead we lock ourselves away in the house and hid (most are scared of bad people) now i can only recolect a few things from my kiddo days. My fav thing was the vacations we went on. My fav place was myrtle beach. Huggles

You don't get excited about the toy aisles? What?! Toys are fifty times better than when I was little. And I get ecstatic having a new toy. Maybe that's a shopping thing? I like new stuff. >.>

You don't gush over puppies and animals still? That's not even a child thing. That's probably a personality trait you acquired, because I love the fuzzy pals. And strangers gush over dogs all the time.

I haven't been able to do that since I was a baby. I've been getting car sick my whole life and sleeping in the car made me wake up feeling horrible.

I can zone out drawing and when playing a game I'm really into. Fallout 4 is a great example for recently.

Yeah pain sucks. I'll stick with just crying. The later kinda crying was probably more due to shock and immediately wanting a parent, so I get that.

You clearly aren't into toys. I mean, I'm kinda bored with my dolls now, but I mean there are only so many tea parties alone before you get bored. I've recently reached out and made little friends, though Iunno if toys are their thing.

Getting dirty was gross back then it's still gross now. Of course, that's probably social conditioning and being told to not get dirty so much when young. I still like going barefoot in the grass, though. Or lying on the grass on my back in a dress.

Aaaaaand so forth and so on. This is difficult to respond to on a phone.

The difference between us and real kids

I think for me the main difference is that have lived longer.
Society seems to think that becouse I have lived for more that 18 years I am a grown up.
But what does Society knows.

In the words of a song

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

Defying gravity by wicked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZwJdpmdpw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I really miss my parents and I really miss my Paddy as he did stuff as well that made me feel so safe.

I love being me and a lot of the things you mention I still do.

Life is still full of wonder and everyday there is an aventure to have.

OK you do have to live in a mind set to see it becouse it goes wen you are feeling sad. Hope you get too involved in trying to be the person that somebody else says you have to be.

It a mind set that has no concept of time or space, of what is possible and impossible.

(I thought I'd try and make a thread about what I remember about being a kid, compared to doing regression now, and pretending to be one.)

I don't think regression is about pretending to be a child. I think it more about letting your self be who you are. Giving your inner child play time. Not all of us go back to into a AB mind set some of us are Middles.

And I still go up and down the toy aisle looking and trying out the toys.
And setting in the back wild somebody else drives is the best I love sitting in the back.

The thing I miss is being in my parents bad between the two of them like a mummy and daddy sandwich. Also 123 weeee. As i was lifted into the air.

Hee, hee

Last edited:
Well in my own thought the difference is:
Original posted by Myself.

Real Children:
*Children wear diapers without knowing it's function, so parents should put it on them.
*Children are easier to act without thinking
*Children rarely think about obligation, they just looking for any fun to them.
*Each children if asked always answers want to be older, "I want it be a Big boy/girl".
*Children have less of shame, if they play outside just in diapers without clothes on, they don't care about it.

Us:

*We wear diapers because we love to wear it and know the function, some of us there were in incontinence and some are just ageplay.
*Although we are interested with something, had to think the consequence.
*We live in ageplay also looking for fun. But we also think the obligation on live a real life.
*If we are asked, the answer would like to be children again, "I want to be a Little boy/girl".
*Even we love to wear diapers, but if we wear diapers outside without clothes on, take time to think about it.

So initially we are adult mixed with child mind. But children are children.

AEther*

Wombat - I love the items you listed. Yes, I remember how nice it was to feel those things. I especially love the sleeping in the back seat of the car thing. I was on a swim team when I was a kid. After practice, Mom would pick me up from the pool. I would be exhausted and wrapped in a pool towel and just pass out on the warm back seat as she drove. One of my fondest memories.

I would add being sick (not dying in the hospital sick, just running a fever or sore throat thing). Staying in bed and having my grandmother take care of me. Happy to be off school, watch TV and sleep all day. That feeling of being weak and light headed when you get out of bed, then collapsing back into it. And yes, the occasional wetting accident, but it's totally understood because you are sick. Yeah, I miss that feeling too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tewks7979 said:
My childhood was filled with lots of fighting (parents divorced when i was 3). So the feeling safe or loved was short lived. Its all good tho cause i realized at a young age vry young age that life is full of nastey and hateful people. We dont care for each other as much as we used to instead we lock ourselves away in the house and hid (most are scared of bad people) now i can only recolect a few things from my kiddo days. My fav thing was the vacations we went on. My fav place was myrtle beach. Huggles

My Parents too - lots of fighting and hitting that I had to stand there and watch.

I actually enjoy my adult childhood more than my real childhood. I have kept my inner child alive and still feel super exited about toy aisles. And christmas - omg, I hated it as a child with my mothers drinking and all that; today I make my christmas just the way I want it and it's awesome!!!

magnolia said:
I actually enjoy my adult childhood more than my real childhood. I have kept my inner child alive and still feel super exited about toy aisles. And christmas - omg, I hated it as a child with my mothers drinking and all that; today I make my christmas just the way I want it and it's awesome!!!

I think I had a pretty good childhood but I also strained against its confines. Although not without its problems, I find adulthood to be superior. It's not perfect but by focusing on the many more parts that work better, I get to make the best of things overall. Not to say I wouldn't like to be able to go to a playground and just play like it was a normal thing but there are more than enough good bits to compensate.

I admit to a child-like behavior this afternoon.
At the WALMART on NH Route 28 here in my town, I visited the toy department and after looking around a while, I purchased a "Master Splinter" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figure.
Yes, I also purchased necessary food items in the Supermarket Department too.
Yes, an adult behavior, since I have responsibilities.
Playing with my "Master Splinter" action figure right now is making me feel happy, while I watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons on DVD I have here in my downstairs Den room.

For me, the things I'm missing the most is the furniture, stroller, car seats, high chairs, cribs, playpen, I know a few are made for AB/DL but all are made from wood like in the 50's and 60's none are exact replica of the ones for modern babies/toddlers I feel like I'm born 100 or 200 yrs too soon, cause I know one day we will have holodecks like in Star Trek and we will be able to fully enjoy our most secret fantasies with theses things. (this may seem science fiction but I've heard we're pretty close to something like this, not fully touch sensitive and such but we make progress on this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back