Lots of questions and advice please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebillygoat

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hello all, this is my first posting(other than intro) so I apologize for any grammar errors. I've been having some issues and would like some advice, or rather would like to be pointed in the right direction as far as information goes. I've recently seen a doctor for symptoms related to incontinence. I have always had a problem with bed wetting but day time has always been in pretty good control. I'm ftm(trans) and when I started hormone therapy my night time problems moved to the day, but nothing serious just minor minor leaking. I did talk to my doctor and determined that after switching testosterone(depo to cypionate) that my transition was more important than my small leakage(managed with cheap pull-ups). Recently I started taking Abilify and my "leaks" are turning more into small floods. To put it frankly pull-ups don't cut it anymore. I've talked to my doctor and he's more leaning to my testosterone being the main culprit and the Abilify is exacerbating things. I need to take both of these medications and I enjoy diapers but my symptoms are becoming more severe I just wonder what are some good tips or advice when it comes to daytime usage.

Especially when you have a lot going on in your life it is important to manage incontinence in a way that does not cause extra worry. Enjoying diapers does not take away the worry that something might go wrong and visible leaks appear.

In my experience it is better to use a type of protection that copes well and avoid using small pads if you would feel more secure in a pull-up, or a pull-up if a taped diaper would cope better.

Happily the medication effect will go away once your realignment is complete and you will be able to just be a recreational user in the daytime.

Can you receive shipments/packages, Littlebillygoat? If so, I would recommend switching to a more absorbent diaper like we can get from internet stores. If you answer Yes, I will respond with some internet stores where we get these better diapers - and I'm sure other members here would also.

Yes I can receive shipments, I just don't want to spend the money until I know I've found something that will most likely fit my lifestyle. I was using just cheap depends pull-ups but have recently switched to the tabbed diapers as their slightly more absorbent. I walk around A LOT at my job so I'm mostly looking for something that's absorbent but can also take the stress of an active person. My main worry is that I'll make an investment on something that breaks down from being overworked. I also have just the slightest bit of anxiety about having to wear at work in general but I think its a mostly in my head sort of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I very much hope the random bouts end soon as they aren't very conducive to my current job. My doctor advised taking Detrol but I've read that it's got some pretty harsh side effects. The abilify I'm taking already puts me at a higher risk for diabetes so I don't really want to add to the pile so to speak.

Littlebillygoat,

I'm retired so that I don't have a job that requires a lot of walking around and other physical activity. However, I'm still quite active. I work out at a gym for a couple of hours six days a week, and I routinely walk 5 to 10 km every day. I also have severe urge incontinence and must wear protection 24/7/365. So I at least generally understand that you need reliable protection. I use a combination of the following products: Abena Level 4 (during the day when I have reliable access to a bathroom where I can change every 4 or 5 hours), ComfyDry 24/7 (at times when I will not have ready access to a bathroom and need the protection to last longer than about 6 hours), and Rearz Inspire + (in bed overnight).

Just a thought, could you get some of the free sample packs manufacturers and some suppliers offer?

You are sensible to want to get the right product,not just any product, especially at work where it's good to have a pad that does not need to be changed too often.

Thanks Inconimiss for the brand suggestions and advice. I will have to try those as I'm on my feet walking around the majority of my eight hour shift, as well as working out about five days a week. I've heard that Rearz can be rather spendy, do Abena and Comfidry 24/7 tend to be less spendy compared to Rearz? I can receive shipments so I'm assuming samples would be a non-issue, I honestly have no clue where to begin to look for samples. Also this may be a daft question, but do any sites do discreet shipping as I live in an apartment complex and would appreciate the discretion. Going to the local Walmart is beginning to wear on my nerves:/ Thanks to everyone for the support and advice thus far, I really appreciate it:)

Abena and Comfidry are cheaper than Rearz, but definitely still a bit spendy. They are worth the money though if you're having total loss of control, the Abena is my primary diaper.

What I would recommend if you're looking for something comparable to those two(just like one step down in total amount of absorbency, but spot on for handling a flood) for cheaper is Tranquility ATN. When my funds are low I reach for them as a day diaper, and I think they'd be right in line with what you're looking for from these posts.

http://www.xpmedical.com/ has the best prices for Abena and Comfidry that I've found.

http://www.dignitywithdiapers.com/ has the best I've found for Tranquility ATN

Both will be discreet in their shipping. They'll come in plain brown boxes. Hope that helps and your issues get better! ^__^

Ah, I was going to recommend XP Medical for an internet store to buy diapers from. They are my personal favorite such store now. As well as sending all orders discreetly, they also offer Sample packs of only 3 diapers for most of their products. This is a good way to try out any diaper you are unfamiliar with, though once you find one or two that you like, then I highly recommend buying larger packs because they will be better buys per diaper that you receive.

And my personal two favorite diaper brands are the Abena Abri-Form (which is the quality plastic-backed diaper that Abena makes) and the Confi-Dry 24/7 (which I've found can hold even more wetness than the aforementioned Abena). You can compare everything before you buy by comparing price and number of diapers you get for that price on any diaper brand you get; the only thing you won't know in advance is how much wetness (comparatively) that the different diaper brands can each hold.

I'd actually recommend against the Seni Super Quattro diapers that XP Medical is promoting on their home page right now. I've found that even though these diapers can hold a lot of wetness like they market, they also sag worse as they get heavier/wetter. You definitely don't want to be wearing a sagging diaper at work, especially when you walk around a lot as part of your job.

And I'll offer one more tip I've learned - don't be afraid to wear one size larger (in the waist) of a pant with your new, more absorbent diapers if you need to. If your pant is too tight around the diaper, I've found this can reduce how much wetness your diaper can hold without leaking (while this pant is on).

mercuryfan said:
Ah, I was going to recommend XP Medical for an internet store to buy diapers from. They are my personal favorite such store now. As well as sending all orders discreetly, they also offer Sample packs of only 3 diapers for most of their products. This is a good way to try out any diaper you are unfamiliar with, though once you find one or two that you like, then I highly recommend buying larger packs because they will be better buys per diaper that you receive.

And my personal two favorite diaper brands are the Abena Abri-Form (which is the quality plastic-backed diaper that Abena makes) and the Confi-Dry 24/7 (which I've found can hold even more wetness than the aforementioned Abena). You can compare everything before you buy by comparing price and number of diapers you get for that price on any diaper brand you get; the only thing you won't know in advance is how much wetness (comparatively) that the different diaper brands can each hold.

I'd actually recommend against the Seni Super Quattro diapers that XP Medical is promoting on their home page right now. I've found that even though these diapers can hold a lot of wetness like they market, they also sag worse as they get heavier/wetter. You definitely don't want to be wearing a sagging diaper at work, especially when you walk around a lot as part of your job.

And I'll offer one more tip I've learned - don't be afraid to wear one size larger (in the waist) of a pant with your new, more absorbent diapers if you need to. If your pant is too tight around the diaper, I've found this can reduce how much wetness your diaper can hold without leaking (while this pant is on).

I'd agree here and add that the caveat about the Seni is generally true of all clothlike diapers. You will also find that they are subject to a thing called "seepage," which is moisture coming through the cloth. Not good.

There are a lot of excellent premium diapers around. I like the suggestion of using free or cheap samples from various online stores to try many different kinds; that is what I did when I first became incontinent and I must have ended up with fifty diapers! Also, don't be afraid of the additional expense of premium brands. Because they are highly absorbent, they do not need to be changed anywhere near as often. You will need as few as 2-3 a day instead of 5-7 a day of regular diapers.

:)

I do have to say, I do like the Senis(I'm wearing one now actually, lol), and while they do occasionally have the sagging issue a lot of clothlike diapers have on occasion, they don't have the seepage problem. Their particular backing is unique among Adult Diapers, I haven't found another like it. The only thing I can compare it to is that they're closer to modern baby diapers.

I like them, so I have a couple of cases on hand, but they are a little pricey for what they offer. And I do think the old design was way better than the new one, it had a wider pad, which was more comfortable, though I don't think it has lost any absorbency. For the cost though I'd recommend Abena or ConfiDry that are in a similar price range.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support I greatly appreciate it:) I got a sample pack of both the Abena and Dry 24/7 just to compare feel and length of use. I used xpmedical as I'm not sure dignity with diapers could ship to where I live. Xpmedical mainly drew me because of their deals on shipping and pricing. Thanks again for all the support. Stay awesome!!:)

Littlebillygoat said:
Thanks to everyone for all the advice and support I greatly appreciate it:) I got a sample pack of both the Abena and Dry 24/7 just to compare feel and length of use. I used xpmedical as I'm not sure dignity with diapers could ship to where I live. Xpmedical mainly drew me because of their deals on shipping and pricing. Thanks again for all the support. Stay awesome!!:)

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you man, ^__^

If you wear seni quatro with a singlet or onesie or thick athletic boxer briefs, the senis are supported when wet. Use a synthetic onesie which is soft and smooth between your legs as you move. Even in bed, it's better to move around with diaper support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back