Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So lately i've had a very sudden loss of interest in diapers. In the last few months i've been forced to get my own place finally due to my mom selling the house. After months of looking finally found a place i could afford and got approved for the apartment. All this stuff still feels very foreign and new to me and in the process i've lost a large amount of interest in diapers. Did this happen to anyone else at first when they got their first apartment?

DprEffect said:
So lately i've had a very sudden loss of interest in diapers. In the last few months i've been forced to get my own place finally due to my mom selling the house. After months of looking finally found a place i could afford and got approved for the apartment. All this stuff still feels very foreign and new to me and in the process i've lost a large amount of interest in diapers. Did this happen to anyone else at first when they got their first apartment?

I haven't left my parent's house yet, but I occasionally lose interest in diapers, or forget I like diapers, but it just comes back eventually.

For me it was the reverse. I had always had a roommate, so I kept my interest quiet and mostly to the realm of fantasy. Getting my own place was when I finally bit the bullet and decided to buy some really nice ABDL diapers and try it for real, which was amazing and piqued my interest.

That said, interest goes up and down based on how life is going. If you're really busy, tired, or feeling out of place like you describe, it's not unusual to have your diaper interest wane. It might come back tomorrow, or in a few weeks, or maybe sometime down the road as circumstances change. There's no need to force it or do anything you don't want to, so just relax and enjoy yourself however you feel is best.

When I started working at my new job earlier this year, it was also all new and foreign, the place, the people, a lot of the work, etc, and for a few weeks I just wasn't interested in diapers or regression. I knew it was temporary and would eventually come back.

I guess it has to do with the fact that when faced with new and unexplored circumstances and life big changes, we focus on it and on being adult, but eventually everything settles down.

Enjoy your new place :)

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

DprEffect said:
So lately i've had a very sudden loss of interest in diapers.

Probably just your brain deciding "we've got more important things to worry about right now..." Give it some time and let things settle down. At some point soon your brain's going to flip and say "hey, you know what... we're not living with the parents anymore, this would be a great time to get some more diapers!" and they'll be back, bigger 'n badder than ever. You'll be dying waiting for that first big case of Space to arrive so you can spend the entire weekend padded in peace in the new place! And when they do, you'll arguably have your best diaper experience ever. So just wait for it ;)

bambinod said:
Probably just your brain deciding "we've got more important things to worry about right now..." Give it some time and let things settle down. At some point soon your brain's going to flip and say "hey, you know what... we're not living with the parents anymore, this would be a great time to get some more diapers!" and they'll be back, bigger 'n badder than ever. You'll be dying waiting for that first big case of Space to arrive so you can spend the entire weekend padded in peace in the new place! And when they do, you'll arguably have your best diaper experience ever. So just wait for it ;)

I'd agree with this. I'm full-time and committed to it so my binge-purge cycles are irrelevant, but I still have them - and as I've been working on an intense theatre show lately my interest in AB stuff has subsided to near nil. A loss of interest in diapers, even over a prolonged period, is unlikely to mean a permanent loss of interest - don't throw anything out unless you feel you absolutely must, and even then, think twice.

I've often found that a significant change in my circumstances leads to a temporary reduction in my desires. It won't last but it makes it easier to concentrate on the matter at hand.

Comes and goes with me. I have a lot of other interests, so it's not that surprising.. but I've certainly gone for long periods where I just have no interest in the diaper stuff.

When I bought my house I kinda intentionally abstained for awhile because a lot of people were coming over to see the place and so on and I had a lot of other stuff going on at the time not to mention all the effort of moving in... most of my fetish gear stayed in a big box in my garage for I'd say 2 or 3 months before I finally got back into things.

For me it the interest in wearing comes and goes, there are periods when I'm wearing several days in a row, and other periods where I'm not wearing for a month, or even more!
However, when I got my first own place, I instantly bought myself some diapers, I was really eager to try real diapers instead of the homemade ones I've been making while living with my parents

Yeah. I had this experience when I moved off to college. I went from wearing almost daily to seldom thinking about diapers, and that lasted for a couple of months. I've always attributed it to distraction. It wasn't that I consciously abstained, although having a roommate I didn't yet know would have made abstinence prudent. Rather, diapers were just driven from my mind by all the changes I was coping with. The desires came back, though, needless to say!

When its gone for a time it feels like its gone forever, then hey presto........ its back. it may take months, or longer, or less long, but it will come back and when its back it ill seem permanent.... until it goes again. Its a pain that way

Whatever you do, don't go through a "purge" (getting rid of everything) due to the lost interest. Put everything in a box in some corner of a closet so you can come back to it later. I have lost so much stuff by going through purges over the years.

I think probably most people probably go through this is one way or another. I agree that you shouldn't purge everything because it could come back. The worst thing is when the urge comes back and everything you owned was thrown out.

When I got my first apartment I got my first diapers and really enjoyed being able to indulge. Eventually I married and had young children, and the desires all but went away. A few years later they came back strongly and I've been wearing and enjoying ever since. There are times the desires are very strong, and other times, not so much. I think it's natural for it to wax and wane.

A few years ago I went back to university for my master's, and around that time my desires dropped right off. I went the better part of two years without being the least bit interested in diapers. At the time, I wrote about it here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/78420-I-miss-my-ABDL-side

2013 Gold Dragon Aurkarm said:
Over the past couple of years, my ABDL desires have been steadily decreasing. In the mid-2000s, I actually wanted to go 24/7, and I did it several times for periods as long as a month. I wore to bed every night almost without exception. I started acquiring plastic pants and better diapers and cloth diapers and other ABDL gear as my finances would allow. In 2008, I went to my first large event, a diaper party in Vermont, at which I met so many great people, with some of whom I remain friends even now. I used to go to fetish events. I used to wear to work. I used to be much more open about it in general, and I told a number of my friends during that period.

Now, though, it's maybe once every month or two I even feel like wearing a diaper at all, let alone bother with putting one on. Even then, once I've worn that one diaper for awhile and it's time to change, I pretty much never put on another or even want to put on another. I can't even remember the last time I really felt any of my AB side, either, nor can I even recall the last time I put on a onesie or sucked a paci. I actually got an invite to a big diaper party, and between my current finances and lack of interests, I pretty much completely blew it off. Right now I'm not employed, but I never wore to class at all. I don't know that I'm at a point where I'd tell any of my friends that don't already know.

Honestly, I sometimes feel as though a part of me is dying. There are days that I miss wanting to wrap up and relax. There are mornings I wake up thinking it would have been nice to have a diaper instead of feeling the need to get to the bathroom. But, on the occasions when I've tried wrapping up to assuage those feelings, it felt... artificial. Fake. As though I were putting on a costume instead of something I'd wear naturally. As though I were putting on a mask and trying to be the character depicted by the mask even though I was not acting.

These days I'm sort of at a happy peace with things. I enjoy wearing, and I end up indulging maybe a couple times a week.

Point is, things happen. Going out on your own the first time is a big deal. There's a lot happening, even if it doesn't necessarily seem like it. Suddenly, you have all this new freedom and all of that (I presume you're alone. If you have a roommate, well, that's something different entirely.). But, you have to figure a new routine, find your new groove. Sure, you're still going to work or class or whatever at the same time you ordinarily would, but now on your off-time you have so many more options, for instance. Of course, that's to say nothing about worrying how you'll make rent and utilities (even if you're confident in your budget, I'd bet you're worried about it on some level. I know I was when I moved out on my own!).

So, don't sweat it. Take your time, sort out your new routine, enjoy your new space and pace. The other thing'll come back when it's time.

I just recently went through a period similar to this. I went from wearing every day to not wearing for about a month. It wasn't for not having access either; I had nappies in the closet and I just simply didn't want to wear. Well time went on, and now I'm back in them :)

Anyway, I can't say that I'm surprised about your situation. I'm sure the excitement and stress from finally getting your own place is playing a major part in your decreasing interest. As time goes on, don't be surprised if your interest comes back.

I recently (just last year) moved into a place all by myself for the first time. My first place went a little differently though. The new freedom I had from being in my own place actually gave me the chance to discover my AB/DL side. That happened after I had gotten settled in and the stress from moving and getting everything sorted out had dissipated. Either way, congrats on your new place and I hope it works out well for you!

these types of interests do that... usually not for good though

Thanks for all the reply's everyone. i really appreciate the insight. :)

I did forget to mention I do have a roommate for this apartment i'm getting, so it isnt my very OWN apartment. I'm moving in with a female co-worker who i've been good friends with for 2 years now. So i will not be able to be as actively wearing as i was when i was living my mom since she was gone most of the day working and also kind of already knew about me being a abdl, and it just something that isnt discussed, where as my co-worker does not know and i would be horrified if she found out, especially since she is technically as of a few weeks ago my supervisor. Not planning of purging and throwing all of my stuff out but i do plan on cutting down on how much i wear at least for a while. I'm sure my interest will come back as things start to settle down. i think i may just be a bit overwhelmed with all this new adulting as i like to call it. xD

i went through the eras of lack of interest too.. i decided since it is never going to go away, i needed to address it, so i began forcing myself to wear every moment i could. Certainly there were days i really hated the idea of it, but usually within a half an hour i was happy i insisted on getting diapered up. Now i think of those times that the thought of being diapered is not appealing as natural and something i just must contend with as an AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back