Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest fading?

Default Interest fading?

So lately i've had a very sudden loss of interest in diapers. In the last few months i've been forced to get my own place finally due to my mom selling the house. After months of looking finally found a place i could afford and got approved for the apartment. All this stuff still feels very foreign and new to me and in the process i've lost a large amount of interest in diapers. Did this happen to anyone else at first when they got their first apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by DprEffect View Post
    So lately i've had a very sudden loss of interest in diapers. In the last few months i've been forced to get my own place finally due to my mom selling the house. After months of looking finally found a place i could afford and got approved for the apartment. All this stuff still feels very foreign and new to me and in the process i've lost a large amount of interest in diapers. Did this happen to anyone else at first when they got their first apartment?
    I haven't left my parent's house yet, but I occasionally lose interest in diapers, or forget I like diapers, but it just comes back eventually.

For me it was the reverse. I had always had a roommate, so I kept my interest quiet and mostly to the realm of fantasy. Getting my own place was when I finally bit the bullet and decided to buy some really nice ABDL diapers and try it for real, which was amazing and piqued my interest.

That said, interest goes up and down based on how life is going. If you're really busy, tired, or feeling out of place like you describe, it's not unusual to have your diaper interest wane. It might come back tomorrow, or in a few weeks, or maybe sometime down the road as circumstances change. There's no need to force it or do anything you don't want to, so just relax and enjoy yourself however you feel is best.

When I started working at my new job earlier this year, it was also all new and foreign, the place, the people, a lot of the work, etc, and for a few weeks I just wasn't interested in diapers or regression. I knew it was temporary and would eventually come back.

I guess it has to do with the fact that when faced with new and unexplored circumstances and life big changes, we focus on it and on being adult, but eventually everything settles down.

Enjoy your new place

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DprEffect View Post
    So lately i've had a very sudden loss of interest in diapers.
    Probably just your brain deciding "we've got more important things to worry about right now..." Give it some time and let things settle down. At some point soon your brain's going to flip and say "hey, you know what... we're not living with the parents anymore, this would be a great time to get some more diapers!" and they'll be back, bigger 'n badder than ever. You'll be dying waiting for that first big case of Space to arrive so you can spend the entire weekend padded in peace in the new place! And when they do, you'll arguably have your best diaper experience ever. So just wait for it

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Probably just your brain deciding "we've got more important things to worry about right now..." Give it some time and let things settle down. At some point soon your brain's going to flip and say "hey, you know what... we're not living with the parents anymore, this would be a great time to get some more diapers!" and they'll be back, bigger 'n badder than ever. You'll be dying waiting for that first big case of Space to arrive so you can spend the entire weekend padded in peace in the new place! And when they do, you'll arguably have your best diaper experience ever. So just wait for it
    I'd agree with this. I'm full-time and committed to it so my binge-purge cycles are irrelevant, but I still have them - and as I've been working on an intense theatre show lately my interest in AB stuff has subsided to near nil. A loss of interest in diapers, even over a prolonged period, is unlikely to mean a permanent loss of interest - don't throw anything out unless you feel you absolutely must, and even then, think twice.

I've often found that a significant change in my circumstances leads to a temporary reduction in my desires. It won't last but it makes it easier to concentrate on the matter at hand.

Comes and goes with me. I have a lot of other interests, so it's not that surprising.. but I've certainly gone for long periods where I just have no interest in the diaper stuff.

When I bought my house I kinda intentionally abstained for awhile because a lot of people were coming over to see the place and so on and I had a lot of other stuff going on at the time not to mention all the effort of moving in... most of my fetish gear stayed in a big box in my garage for I'd say 2 or 3 months before I finally got back into things.

For me it the interest in wearing comes and goes, there are periods when I'm wearing several days in a row, and other periods where I'm not wearing for a month, or even more!
    However, when I got my first own place, I instantly bought myself some diapers, I was really eager to try real diapers instead of the homemade ones I've been making while living with my parents

Yeah. I had this experience when I moved off to college. I went from wearing almost daily to seldom thinking about diapers, and that lasted for a couple of months. I've always attributed it to distraction. It wasn't that I consciously abstained, although having a roommate I didn't yet know would have made abstinence prudent. Rather, diapers were just driven from my mind by all the changes I was coping with. The desires came back, though, needless to say!