Change of name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm going to change my name legally in Australia.

I don't know how I would go ahead doing it, I want to keep my change of name secret, so I'm wondering if it's possible to still use my old name.

Anyone know the process of changing my name in Australia, I'm a bit stuck

- Drunk Bear.

I want to do something similar. I only want to cut off two of my names. I carry both of my family's surnames. I want loss my first name too, because I don't even use it.

Hi DrunkBear,

I think your first port of call would be Births, Deaths and Marriages: http://www.australia.gov.au/informa...munity/births-deaths-and-marriages-registries

I am not sure if you can go by multiple names, however, having been married in Australia previously, I was able to use my married and maiden name as it suited no problems, given that I declared it when I needed to with government forms and prove it through all the official paperwork. In medical, I know that many female doctors trade with their maiden name even though they may be married.

Good luck!

DrunkBear said:
I'm going to change my name legally in Australia.

I don't know how I would go ahead doing it, I want to keep my change of name secret, so I'm wondering if it's possible to still use my old name.

Anyone know the process of changing my name in Australia, I'm a bit stuck

- Drunk Bear.

It depends what you mean by using your previous name. There's no legal mechanism to stop you from using it in circumstances where you are not bound to give your legal name (I know that's tautological). I don't know what the legalities are of using a previous name when asked for your legal name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back