Setting in your... "Mess"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobaltii

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wondering if sitting in your messy diaper is bad for your skin. I'm very hesitant on messing because of it.

Yes, it is sitting in a component made up of around a third digestive fluids. This substances will inflame the skin depending on the concentration in hours to seconds.

A messed diaper should be changed ASAP. In fact, it's usually better to just slowly wiggle your diaper off and use the toilet, then put the diaper back on if you wish. It just doesn't feel good to wear a messed diaper, IMO.

It varies depending on your skin, whatever barrier product you might be using, if any, and the composition of the mess itself. It's certainly not going to make things any better, so I'd suggest starting conservatively to see where your tolerances lie.

Bear in mind babies manage just fine messing their diapers, although attentive parents don't let them linger in them for very long.

Depends on how sensitive your skin is, and the barrier cream your using.

Making a poop and sitting in it for a little while is not going to hurt you. Prolonged periods are where your going to get diaper rash.

The longest that I sit in mine is about 10 minutes. 1) I don't want a rash, and 2) it stinks XD

If you like diapers, it is he natural next step to try, some enjoy it and do it often and some could live without it.

Your best bet in trying it is to use a true barrier cream rather than a rash cream, a good barrier cream will be applied and left to dry before diapering , things like Desitin or A&D are rash creams and contain petroleum jelly base with zinc oxide and some kind of fragrance, both petroleum jelly and zinc oxide will block wetness however they will also lock wetness in if you are not completely dry when applied, also petroleum anything is deadly to Plastic pants many with IC will get prescriptions from there Doctor for straight zinc oxide ( it is very hard to spread) when you see lifeguards with white noses that's pure zinc ,rash cream will also plug the pores on the top sheet and can give you uneven absorption, if you plan a mess to try it a rash cream is netter than nothing , if you enjoy it and don't mind the clean up consider getting a good barrier cream for future use.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Cobaltii said:
I was wondering if sitting in your messy diaper is bad for your skin. I'm very hesitant on messing because of it.

If messing is your 'thing', I'd say at the top of the list of things bad is: what will anyone near me have to endure ?

FluffyMastiff said:
The longest that I sit in mine is about 10 minutes. 1) I don't want a rash, and 2) it stinks XD

Yesterday I had a mega poopy "blow-out" diaper mess.
The poopy mess overflowed and massively dirtied the inside of my pants.
Not fun sitting in my mess driving home from a very important meeting.
Yes, it took me a while to clean up and change into a clean dry diaper.

caitianx said:
Yesterday I had a mega poopy "blow-out" diaper mess.
The poopy mess overflowed and massively dirtied the inside of my pants.
Not fun sitting in my mess driving home from a very important meeting.
Yes, it took me a while to clean up and change into a clean dry diaper.

Aw man.. That's horrible and sucks

The blow-out messes can be fun... when it's at an opportune time :D
Dirtying pants sounds like it would be fun on very rare occasions though... I might have to go buy some really cheap pants to do that, so I do take a chance of ruining my everyday $50 pants.

Was that a stress blowout or diet related, I know you have a pretty full plate right now, and hope it's not stress related, we are pulling for good news on your illness.

Tetra said:
Was that a stress blowout or diet related, I know you have a pretty full plate right now, and hope it's not stress related, we are pulling for good news on your illness.

ohh... I forgot about that :|

Not Stress...
Just a diet thing.

So, it's worth realizing you're not going to die or anything. At worst, you'll have a bit of a rash if you go a bit too long.

Like others have said, it's a crap-shoot (pun absolutely intended). It depends on how sensitive you are down there, what you ate, if you used powder or Desitin or nothing at all, et cetera. If you ate a bunch of really spicy food, you probably shouldn't sit in it for long. If it's nothing out of the ordinary, well, try it and change if it starts to feel like it's burning or becomes uncomfortable.

I've had some that, as soon as they hit, I had to change immediately. I've had others that I did when I got home from work, spent the evening in it, wrapped another diaper over the top, then slept in it.

Experiment a bit. Try it, change if it's not working for you.

When I soil myself at night I sit in it for a few hours.

There are a few posts in here that have an angle.

I've been in it for a couple of hours with no issue. It won't kill your skin in seconds like a slightly hysterical post earlier in this thread is alleging, but it does need to be changed quicker than a wet diaper.

Depends on skin sensitivity, but in my experience it just doesn't matter. If you manage to stay in your diaper long enough to get a slight rash it will heal pretty fast since you probably won't be sitting in your next mess a couple of hours later if you don't choose to. Babies have a more sensitive skin and are constantly in a diaper with wetness or another mess around the corner.

My skin isn't very sensitive so I can last a while. Some people can't. You'll have to judge for yourself

I often sit in mine for a bit, usually in the bathroom so anything that escapes can be easily cleaned up. Then its time for a shower and fresh diaper. Rashes do suck.

When I actually mess myself, I can sit for about half an hour before I really think about changing, mostly because of the smell, some because of a rash, and some because if I changed right away, and messed again, I'd be blowing through diapees like crazy, so most of the time I simulate messies with plain oatmeal, pour water in, heat in microwave for a minute or so until warm, and some water evaporates, and then let it COOL a bit before putting it in my diapee, which I can stand for about 3-4 hours before it starts to bother me mentally, and I change/clean up, but I found that when I worked one night with an oatmeal messie, I shouldn't go past 5 hours because I ended up getting a hemorrhoid, and that put off my messies for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back