tykables medium size question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tails1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i've heard tykables runs small, how does their medium size compare with other small diapers like a northshore supreme small or dry 24/7 small?

Tykables fit me perfectly. I usually wear small diapers like Northshore. Dry 24/7 runs larger than Tykables. I have a 28 waist. What would be your waist size?

probably around 28inches. i don't currently wear but have always wondered if tykables would fit me.

You wouldn't have a problem with Tykables then.

thank you for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

hey, what other brands and sizes do you find fit a 28inch waist well?

ABU Space diapers can if you like a high rising diaper.

Rears spoiled fits pretty well.

That's all I can think about right now, but I message you if I remember more.

well my friend in Canada needs small diapers (he was stuck wearing rearz safari diapers for awhile when their was a shortage of dry 24/7 smalls) and he is able to use their tighty whiteys in a medium

tails1234 said:
i've heard tykables runs small, how does their medium size compare with other small diapers like a northshore supreme small or dry 24/7 small?

Tykables, Bambino, and AwwSoCute appear to use the same machine and all run about 1/2 a size small in length and waist.

I have a weird sizing as far as I'm concerned with diapers.

Larges tend to come up too high on me, but come across my wait and belly (i have a small beer belly) comfortably. Mediums I have the waist, but they feel like they're cutting into my leg and thigh. Now, I wore Tykables when they were snuggies and the medium on a 34-36 waist cut into the thigh area. And I tend to stretch the back of the diaper to get the tabs on the landing strip.

xLightning said:
Larges tend to come up too high on me, but come across my wait and belly (i have a small beer belly) comfortably. Mediums I have the waist, but they feel like they're cutting into my leg and thigh.

Try attaching the upper tapes as high on the landing zone as possible (you're probably already doing this) but try to attach the lowers HIGHER up in the front, closer to the top tapes.

1/2 a size translates to 6-8 inches right?

tails1234 said:
1/2 a size translates to 6-8 inches right?

Somewhere around there yes. mayebe a litttle less.

Just remember with diapers that have front and rear elastic, don't crank the tapes down really tight or you'll break/pop them. Fit your diaper just snug and let the elastic do its job rather than fight the tapes. Much more comfortable!

bambinod said:
Tykables, Bambino, and AwwSoCute appear to use the same machine and all run about 1/2 a size small in length and waist.

We do not use the same machine I can assure you of that.

- - - Updated - - -

tails1234 said:

Our products do not necessarily run small, they have a smaller range for the fit. You can always try a sample pack before purchasing a larger order.

https://tykables.com/collections/all/products/overnights-samples

Hmmm, maybe make a size 1 medium, size 2 regular, size 3 large?

Had a Tykables medium on 3 days a go my waist little over 36 inches and the fit has very nice. Have ABU Space diaper on right now also medium and a nice fit.

I've tried the Tykables large and those are closer to what most diapers call a medium so I wouldn't be too surprised if their medium runs a bit on the small side as well.
'

How does Tykables sizing work now? Is the Size 1 their Medium and their Size 2 their large?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back