i also poop very frequently, i guess compared to others
i am 5'7" and almost 200 pound, so kinda fat

my question is, can this get worst
can i take action now that will prevent this from becoming more serious

if i loose weight does it help

can mild or infrequent urge incontinence become worst with age and time

thank you

Last edited:
Incontinence can get worst with age and time.

With that said, it really depends on the why and only a urologist could time you that.

when I hear running water, brush my teeth or in other ways get distracted my bladder usually contracts heavily, and I wet myself, and the volume I'm leaking is actually not big, but my bladder just responds to such things.

Go See an urologist to get checked out if you have not already done so, incontinence can get worse over time.

not to scare you but I have gone from small discharges after going to the washroom (just enough to dampen my underware) to needing full taped diapers in just under 2 years.

System,

Many with overactive bladder may find that certain sights, sounds, or situations, i.e. “triggers,” stimulate voiding. For OAB, these visual, auditory, or situational "triggers” usually include running water, rising from a sitting position, entering the bathroom, drinking a liquid, washing hands, entering the shower, placing a key in the door, and others. Specific stress situations also can be “triggers.” Each person may respond to one or more different triggers.

I found that I was voiding in my diaper whenever I helped my wife with washing the dishes (and no, I did not get out of helping wash the dishes).:rolleyes:

As you indicated that this has rarely happened to you, I would not worry about it and would not yet consult a urologist. It is no worse than the millions who pee while in the shower yet who do not have issues outside of that setting. At present it does not necessarily indicate a urological problem. However, now that you are aware of it, keep an eye on it and, should it become worse, you definitely should consult a urologist.

Meanwhile, a standard "trick" you might employ is to clinch your pelvic muscles before you run the water. You should use the same muscles you would use to cut off the flow of urine at the toilet. Of course, this technique is only really effective when you already know what your triggers are. I have several "triggers" and use this technique, also called "quick flicks."

Good luck!

--John
(double incontinent and wearing 24/7; cloth at night)

For me cleaning my teeth always makes me wet my nappy.

ST50 said:

I have to pee while brushing my teeth (wearing a diaper or not) too. But I'm not incontinent and can hold it if I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst one for me is refuelling the car. The flowing fuel and the vibration of the pump mean that I get empty as the tank gets fuller. Just one reason why I am diapered 24/7 except at home where a leak isn't a disaster.

ST50 said:

Interesting - cleaning my teeth always triggers by bladder to empty. I use an electric toothbrush and I've always thought that it was the vibration against my gums that was the trigger. Anyone else find this?

Electric shaver has same effect - but for some unknown reason less so than the taps running or teeth cleaning - perhaps its the combination of vibration and fluid movement that affects us most - maybe the feeling mirrors the internal sensation as urine passes from the inside to the outside of or bodies.

Last edited:
LittleLostPuppy said:
Interesting - cleaning my teeth always triggers by bladder to empty. I use an electric toothbrush and I've always thought that it was the vibration against my gums that was the trigger. Anyone else find this?

I always chalked it up to the routine of preparing for bed. Brushing my teeth and going pee were always part of that and done one after the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived with what you described since school days (frequent urination with a degree of urgency). According to the following definition I found on the Net (and I had all three), this is OAB: "The symptoms of an overactive bladder include frequent urination, urgency of urination, and nocturia (urinating in the middle of the night), with or without urge incontinence". When I reached my 50s, the urgency got worse and went from a "gotta go" feeling to "GOTTA GO!", then the dry OAB went to wet OAB (Urge IC). Yea, bladder issues can worsen with time, my IBS-C (constipated) just worked wonders. So probably a good idea to get on it sooner rather than later. I wouldn't consider a few drops to constitute Urge IC itself, but you never know what can come your way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back