What Started It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure for me. I have very few memories of being very young at all but I'm pretty sure I must have wet the bed a bit as I have memories of being around 4/5 and wearing drynites pull ups so I'm pretty sure that must have done something about it. At that time we also sometimes had someone babysit us who I think would put on/change those nappies for me when she was there so I definitely think that could have influenced my DL side especially my very submissive tendencies.

Later than that however I definitely showed tendencies that I had forgotten about until recently when I rediscovered my love of nappies. Typical things like trying to steal nappies from the supplies they had at my church as late as ten years old etc... I always seemed to have some kind of interest and wanted to wear but I had completely forgotten about it it seems until a few months ago. However looking at my past I can see it was always an inevitability

Nothing "started it" for me, I just happened to be this way. I do remember watching an old cartoon of Daffy Duck and Porky Pig where they end up in diapers, I really liked that episode. Of course I was to young at the time to realize what that feeling really was.

I was significantly premature and had bedwetting issues till well into my teens. My parents didn't put me in diapers or none of that, but they got really frustrated about when I wet my bed. But I remember my first urge to voluntarily wear a diaper and it was back in '99 at a Daycare center when my b**** of a nanny (she yelled frequently and treated us like garbage) finally left the room and I just remember this vivid curiosity and I grabbed it, undid it, and put it in between my legs (over my pants) and then I took it off and put it back. Then later, at another daycare provider many moons later, while I was well into middle school and still at a daycare, there was a special needs girl who wore diapers. The crappy, generic ones that didn't even have the tabs. But one day, the urge outweighed everything else and I snuck one, just one, off to the bathroom and put it on. I was having bedwetting issues still at this point and after my second foray into what I know now was exploring my budding *bdl side, I took my bike down to stop and shop and bought a pack of the "good" brands of diapers when the place still carried them. It was still a spotty thing, here and there, when I could. I was still way too paranoid to wear publicly or wear when anyone was home and I had juuuust started getting into ADISC (many many moons ago). But, near the end of high school, I found a girl (now my ex-girlfriend and I regard her fondly as my first love) who thought it was "ADORABLEEEEE" and totally didn't mind me doing my thing, even with her. She never changed me or anything but she really just thought it was the bee's knees that I had this weird quirk about me that separated me from the norm.

Anyway, our relationship eventually headed south after graduation because of a combination of distance and the fact that we were still in that awkward period that most working-class upbringing (and otherwise, not being classist, sorry :x) kids often go through where you don't have a car till you're finished or at least well into college. Didn't see each other enough. It effed me all the way up for a while, developed a drug problem, completely shut Little Alex out for a while and experienced a total devolution of the mind.

Years of therapy later, back in school, whole nine, yadda yadda... now through college I've met plenty of littles and other kinksters and people into strange stuff and I feel very at home with an accepting group of friends around me. And now I live with two kink-aware, ABDL-aware, and genuinely accepting, loving people who are all about letting me do me (and they know I'm always padded). And now I've found my freedom, both in life and expressing my little side, and I found a girl (who was terribly confused about the whole thing in the beginning and not really sure if she could do it, but has made a huge turnaround with some explanation and some time, so don't give up on people if you really think it's love!! Advice for the youngbloods!! Be gentle!!) and now I have a pretty solid balance between work, school, and my little life and I'm surrounded by people who are nothing but accepting and when you get past the high school mentality, the amount that you give a s*** what anyone thinks (minus regarding important places like work...) drops astoundingly. Like, I used to be terrified to walk into Stop and Shop and buy depends and now I walk into my local Medical Supply store like "Alright *cracks knuckles* case of these..and these... and these... please and thanks! See ya next month! :)"

It's interesting how much life begins to pan out A. after high school and getting away from the people you grew up around when you get the ability to make your own friends and you aren't forced to be around people because they've stuck around so long and B. after you fully begin to accept the little side of you and stop giving a damn what anyone thinks of your undergarments. Lol. I know, super long rant. But I've been off ADISC for a very very long time hehe. Got some catching up to do.

I'm pretty sure my constant nightly bedweting that lasted until my early 20's has a lot to do with me being DL now.

Welcome back petpuppyalex!

Angelic said:
Welcome back petpuppyalex!

Gladdd to be back, homie!

What started the love for diapers? That first one right after birth. :p

Joking aside, the more I think about it, the more experiences I can remember after being potty trained. I wet the bed at night for many years and into my early teens. My parents experimented with a bunch of different things to avoid the wet bedsheets, like plastic bed covers, limiting liquids before bed, and wearing those Pull-up training pants at night until I was too big for them. I have a feeling that the Pull-ups had a little bit to do with it. I always hated waking up to a wet bed.

But anyway, specific experiences. I remember playing with my cousin when I was much younger; she was maybe a few months to a year out of diapers and I was maybe 5 or 6. My family was staying with theirs because we had just moved and were looking for a place of our own, and they were nice enough to let us stay for a while. So my cousin and I, we used to play house like most kids do at some point, and for some reason I always played the baby. Of course now I see the irony in that the older kid played the baby, but it just felt natural back then. Anyway, my cousin's family still had a pack of diapers in a drawer right outside of her bedroom. We had this brilliant idea of using them when we played. It was fun, up until my cousin's older sibling caught me playing with them. He was babysitting and our dinner was ready. He was calling me to come eat and I tried my best to hide the diaper before he found me, but that didn't happen. He didn't make a big deal out of it or even say anything about it, but after a few days I noticed that the diapers weren't there anymore. :laugh:

I remember another instance a few years later after my family moved in to a new place. My family had received a sample advert diaper in the mail. We had no use for it, considering I was the youngest and years past potty training. I remember my dad saying he was going to give it to someone he knew that could use it, like someone at work or something. Of course, that never happened and my curiosity got to me. I was too big to wear it, but I wrapped it around my waist as best I could and used it. Not sure if anyone knew that I used it, but no one said anything so I guess it'll stay a mystery forever.

There's another instance a few years later (maybe 2 or 3) that I remember as well. A friend of my cousin's family was watching us (my cousin and I) and she was also taking care of a baby. I think everyone was playing hide and seek or something and I was "it". Well the "it" person had to stay in the baby's room while everyone was hiding. Before you jump to conclusions, no I didn't take a diaper but I sure thought about it. :laugh:

That's as much as I remember as far as ABDL experiences until I started wearing nappies as an adult. I didn't realize or remember it for the longest time, but diapers had been a curiosity of mine multiple times as a kid. There was a good 13-15 year break in there between uses, but I managed to find my way back lol.

I've been excited by the idea of diapers since I was, uhh, 4. I had to wear one of my sister's on a road trip because I had food poisoning. I used to sneak my sister's pullups into my room once in a while until she outgrew them.
Only started wearing again when I was about 17 or 18 though

diaper fettish

I have liked diapers for as long as I remember. I was in diapers 24/7 until I was about 6. I also wet the bed every night until I was about 11 and I wore diapers at night. When I was finally out of diapers I took some of my younger sisters diapers but I did get caught a few times. My desires did die down for a few years but then one day on YouTube I saw a video with a diaper model in it and I have pretty much been back in diapers ever since and I'm loving it.

I had always been fascinated by baby stuff and diapers ever since I could remember. I didn't have anything particularly traumatic happen to me or have accidents or bedwetting or anything.. I just liked them and my wearing all started when I was 11. I thought it was around 12-13, but now that I really think about it, it was DEFINITELY 11 because of a pretty funny story involving them XD

I would get diapers through sneaking a couple from my grandma's house. She would get crates full for free and never used them so would give them out to whoever wanted some. Thought that would be a great opportunity to get my hands on some secretly. Occasionally I'd wear them while watching tv under the covers. They were large pull-up style adult diapers so I'd rip the sides to tie it down like that baby mouse in tom and jerry

Nibbles.jpg

Hehe it was pretty silly looking back at it.

At age 12 I was wearing when I got my first period. Oh my gosh I was freaking out XD
First thing to come to mind was "I got a horrible infection" or "I have cancer" and was just about to fess up to my parents and have them take me to the hospital. I remember going up to my mom crying asking for her to take me to the hospital because I was bleeding and she burst out laughing. What a way to find out I became a woman haha. Luckily she didn't find out what I was really doing and still doesn't know.

I was horrified about my first period even though I knew all about it, I didn't want to grow up!

Sheepies said:
At age 12 I was wearing when I got my first period. Oh my gosh I was freaking out XD
First thing to come to mind was "I got a horrible infection" or "I have cancer" and was just about to fess up to my parents and have them take me to the hospital. I remember going up to my mom crying asking for her to take me to the hospital because I was bleeding and she burst out laughing. What a way to find out I became a woman haha. Luckily she didn't find out what I was really doing and still doesn't know.

a little OT, but that is one of the many reasons for sex ed in the schools... kids are going to grow up, you can't stop that or even slow it down. Not teaching them about sex is like handing them the keys to your car and letting them drive unsupervised the day they turn 13, even though they've never taken drivers ed. That's not how you prepare your kids for life.

I Actually joined this sight just to answer this question. I've been doing personal research on this topic and am actually getting ready to start a master's degree in counseling. I've been getting online and listening to people's stories for a long time now and I've been rather fascinated with this topic. I think we have to all be able to at least admit to ourselves that we do have a unique characteristic that sets apart from the rest of the world. It can be summed up in a single word and that word is regression. In one way or another, whether it be through the act of acting like a baby or using baby related paraphernalia, our minds are experiencing similar feelings to those of the first time we had an experience that lead us to feel comfortable. For some of us, that comfort might have been best expressed through an extremely turbulent season or experience of trauma, stress, or sorrow. The majority of our founded appreciation for our regressive vices stems from our time during our childhood formation. Perhaps some can not think back that far, but a lot of abdl's tend to have an impressive memory for the past. Some times we do not want to remember those circumstances or think nothing of their power in our development and simply throw them aside. To cute to the chase though, in my particular case, even though I was left with a vice, I had not thought much of my childhood traumas that lead me here today.

I recently read a book where the writer talks about shame in his personal life. He had wet himself in front of all of his class mates when he was 3 years old. They laughed at him for that and he spoke of the shame and anger he felt over that situation. He had carried all of that turmoil with him because he had no capacity at 3 years old to be able to work through the situation. When he finally came to grips with it, he was in his thirties. That story triggered the first memory I had associated with shame in my life because mine is so similar to his.

When I was probably about 3 years old, I was at church in the nursery. It was a Wednesday night church function. I wet myself in front of the entire class, including my first crush. Her name is Molly. The teacher, unaware of how this situation effected me, laid me down on a changing table, took off my wet clothes and put me in a diaper. After all, what else was she going to do? She sat me down with the rest of the class, in nothing but a diaper and a tshirt. The teacher made us a snack. She showed us how to make peanut butter with real peanuts and a blender. She spread it over gram crackers. Nobody ever really noticed me in the diaper, nobody laughed or pointed at me. But I knew and I was deathly embarrassed to sit there in front of the girl of my dreams, that vulnerable to the situation. I was set apart in that moment, I was different, I was weak. And believe it or not, I have associated a lot of rough times I've had in my life with that situation. It was some how seemed to be a very strong identity forming moment for me. And the research is there to indicate that a lot of our identity is predominantly made up by those early years.

The best I can surmise is that that diaper I wore in that moment became like a shield and comfort to me, that I knew that if I wet myself again, this time they would not know. My failure that I made in wetting myself would now be hidden. It brought me comfort just like a blanket. And that is what happens to a lot of us when we are young--we look for anything we can latch onto that will bring us comfort. For me this is a lot more than a fetish, it's not always a turn on. Sometimes I just feel better when I'm in a diaper. And I think a lot of us, have at least at one time or another wished that we could find some little switch in our heads to turn these desires off because would like to fit in with the others.

Well here I am, age 25, reading about 45 year old adults wearing diapers. For me like everybody else this has been a struggle to work through. And if I am to start with any advice whatsoever, as so many more before me have said, this year I've given up on trying to get over this. I'm working through accepting myself where I'm at. I want to love myself and express to myself, like I would my best friend, that it's okay that I wet myself when I was 3 and that it's okay that I'm still in someways living through that situation. It's okay that I'm wearing a diaper even now as I write this. But I want to continue researching this topic, and at least get people to a place where they feel comfortable with who they are. I tend to feel that what is far more important than vices is love. Love god and love people. Love others as you love yourself, love yourself or you can't love god or people. In order to do that, it has to start with forgiveness and acceptance. Who knows, if I focus here instead of on diapers, I might even find myself not wanting them anymore.

I have no idea what started it, I just remember one day when I was still very young, 3 or maybe 4 years old, wanting to be a baby or a toddler again and started crawling in the living room and feeling a bit frustrated because I wasn't really achieving that.

I have two other memories around that same age, one is trying to put a cloth diaper that was on a doll but not being able to, and another when I had the idea of trying to suck a pacifier again, since my mother had kept an old pacifier of either myself or my brother, and accidentally falling asleep with it, only to wake the next morning, with it still in my mouth, by my parents.

I don't know, I always thought that maybe because my brother was only a year and a half younger than me I wanted to go back to the same age as him at that time, maybe? I never knew why, I just have those early memories, then it kind of faded a little bit only to return stronger with puberty and early teenage years.

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

Very nice first post Quandry. It will be nice when that love for diapers is gone. I have a hunch that by then I will be a spirit of warm light without bodily functions. At that point I will be able to know so much more than I know now and travel throughout the universe.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

quandry2040, first of all, let me start by welcoming you to ADISC. You'll find this place to be very supportive and there are many thoughtful people here who will help you along your journey to acceptance. ADISC is a lifeline for many of us.

Acceptance means that you understand that this is a lifelong condition, that there is no cure, and that there is nothing wrong with you. I think that you got it exactly right when you said that acceptance starts with 'love yourself'. All of the others expressions of love you mention follow from there.

I'm sorry to hear of the trauma and embarrassment you suffered as a child for simply having an 'accident'. Life should not be that way. This is a recurring theme here but not by any means the only way someone acquires this condition.

My own circumstances are quite different than yours. My interest in all things childish originated when my 2 year old baby sister happened along, exactly when I was going through puberty. As I look back at it, I believe that my interest in baby things was driven by envy of all the attention that she was getting. As the eldest son, this was a different sort of trauma but traumatic none the less.

So thank you for telling us your story. I don't disagree with any of the points you made and I hope you'll continue to participate in the ongoing dialog at ADISC.

Self knowledge leads to self acceptance.

Wondering how it started for most ?

I am wondering how most of us started wearing diapers. I was not really into diapers until much later on.

i was a bed wetter until about 13

I was 12 when I was having a sleep over at cousins house. Close to bed time I was called into my aunts room. She told me she knew about the bed wetting and she was going to diaper me so no one would find out I was a bed wetter and keep her spare bed dry.

I went into panic mode because well I had another secret. I told her i did not need no diaper but the more I protested the more she insisted . I said i am not wearing no diaper and called her a bad word. ( that was a mistake )

next thing you know I am over her knee and she is yanking my pants down. I tried to stop it but she over powered me .

Well Well well she said , Would you look at these pretty panties you have on !
humiliated She spanked me right through the pink panties. correcting me on how i spoke to her , Panties are for girls! I was crying like a little girl to . Then as promised she diapered me . and at this point i guess to add to the humiliation she started to put pink polka dot plastic pants on me . I pleaded , please auntie no not those . She Said shut your mouth you little panty wearing sissy. Every time she did one of the snaps on those plastic pants it was like a gun shot going off and putting me further into sissyness.

I really did not get into the diaper thing till much later on in years , However i was still sneakily wearing every girlsih thing i could get my hands on from bras to swim wear girl jeans you name it . recently i came across a diaper site and curiosity got me I ordered some molicares and when i put them on i was taken back to that time with my aunt.. and now i cant seem to stop wearing them I have ordered so many this year and have so many plastic panties its not even funny. Nothing ever was said after that with my aunt I never had a ny more sleep overs. But i can still feel that burn on my bottom when i think about it . Sure would love to do it all over again ..

my mom put me in a diaper a time or to out of frustration of me wetting the bed. i remember it made me excited ( i think that's why she stopped putting them on me cant be sure ) one evening before bed I had just been diapered and they were old school plastic . My sister heard the rustle under my pj pants and yanked them down She called me a baby. Sister also caught me in her panties 4 days later .

pantyboyinnc said:
I am wondering how most of us started wearing diapers. I was not really into diapers until much later on.

i was a bed wetter until about 13

I was 12 when I was having a sleep over at cousins house. Close to bed time I was called into my aunts room. She told me she knew about the bed wetting and she was going to diaper me so no one would find out I was a bed wetter and keep her spare bed dry.

I went into panic mode because well I had another secret. I told her i did not need no diaper but the more I protested the more she insisted . I said i am not wearing no diaper and called her a bad word. ( that was a mistake )

next thing you know I am over her knee and she is yanking my pants down. I tried to stop it but she over powered me .

Well Well well she said , Would you look at these pretty panties you have on !
humiliated She spanked me right through the pink panties. correcting me on how i spoke to her , Panties are for girls! I was crying like a little girl to . Then as promised she diapered me . and at this point i guess to add to the humiliation she started to put pink polka dot plastic pants on me . I pleaded , please auntie no not those . She Said shut your mouth you little panty wearing sissy. Every time she did one of the snaps on those plastic pants it was like a gun shot going off and putting me further into sissyness.

I really did not get into the diaper thing till much later on in years , However i was still sneakily wearing every girlsih thing i could get my hands on from bras to swim wear girl jeans you name it . recently i came across a diaper site and curiosity got me I ordered some molicares and when i put them on i was taken back to that time with my aunt.. and now i cant seem to stop wearing them I have ordered so many this year and have so many plastic panties its not even funny. Nothing ever was said after that with my aunt I never had a ny more sleep overs. But i can still feel that burn on my bottom when i think about it . Sure would love to do it all over again ..

my mom put me in a diaper a time or to out of frustration of me wetting the bed. i remember it made me excited ( i think that's why she stopped putting them on me cant be sure ) one evening before bed I had just been diapered and they were old school plastic . My sister heard the rustle under my pj pants and yanked them down She called me a baby. Sister also caught me in her panties 4 days later .

Hey there, this is a fantasy story, this sort of thing belongs in the Stories section or off this site please and thank you

I agree with cookiemonstah, it is an obvious work of fiction. Panty, if you are the same chap who has been uploading these fake stories across multiple accounts over the past couple months, please do stop. If you wish to write your stories, do as cookie said and use the story section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back