What's the best diaper currently on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
After 2 weeks of adulting and responsibilites, I got paid. Yay! I'm looking to buy some good diapers because right now I'm using the Walgreens brand ones. However, I don't know what to get. Hopefully you guys can provide some insight.

I want a diaper that has good absorbency, is poofy, swells up quite a bit when it's wet, and is comfy. I realize that I'm describing most of the diapers on the market, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Also, I love the cute designs but it doesn't make a difference if the diapers have them or not. I'm focused more on functionality but if it's a really good diaper and has cute designs too, I couldn't be happier.

If someone could give me the pros and cons of some diapers, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your help (>^_^)>

I think the answer to your question is more personal preference than fact. Personally I prefer ABU products and I feel as though they fit your description very nicely. I can't really say anything bad about them aside from them being a bit costly at around 2$ each if you get a case. I feel they are worth it and you really get what you pay for in my opinion. If you haven't tried any of their diapers then I highly recommend that you do.

I think you would be more than happy with either a Rearz or ABU product. Both companies provide diapers that are really well built and have a wide range of great designs and styles.

If money is no object then I'd recommend the Rearz. They are awesomely absorbent and soft. The ABU diapers are a seriously close second, though I don't feel like they are as soft as the Rearz brand.

What if I'm on a tight budget? (I'm an artist paying off one out of two loans). Any recommendations?

The best diaper is the one that keeps you comfortable wearing and accidental leakage relatively rare.

- - - Updated - - -

DeeSapphire said:
What if I'm on a tight budget? (I'm an artist paying off one out of two loans). Any recommendations?

figure out how often you need, use generic stuffers and budget briefs.

DeeSapphire said:

You'll have the experiment around and do a comparison with how many of a certain diaper you use per day compared to their cost and see what the overall cost is. Cost per brief is a nice metric but doesn't tell all. If I go buy crappy Depends at the store near me I'll be paying around $1.10 per brief and going through like 7 or 8 of them per day. However if I order a case of Abena L4 for example I'll pay around $1.58 per brief but when I'm only going through like 3 or 4 of those per day it will cost less in the long run because I'm using half and they aren't twice the price. ($8.80 vs $6.32 average daily cost.)

I'd look into Tranquility and Abena as brands that are pretty good at cost effectiveness.

Definitely ABU Pawz/Space/Simple will fit your brief and worthwhile spoiling yourself with!

DeeSapphire said:

ABU and Bambino have good diapers in the sub-$2/pc range. The SDK/Cushies is probably the cheapest premium-capacity/thickness diaper available right now.

- - - Updated - - -

yoshiDL said:
I think you would be more than happy with either a Rearz or ABU product. Both companies provide diapers that are really well built and have a wide range of great designs and styles.

And yes those are probably the top two. Bambino would be a close 3rd.

I'd just like to add on that if you purchase a case of diapers, instead of buying per pack, it will be significantly cheaper.

ABU Simple cost:
Pack of 10 is $32.99 at $3.29 per piece.
Half a case of 40 is $79.99 at $2.00 per piece.
Case of 80 is $149.99 at $1.87 per piece.

The printed ones are approximately $5.00 more.

Look in to Id Slip PE Maxi from XP-Medical, $21.95 for a pack of 15 mediums, plastic backed, all white and hold an insane amount of pee swelling up nicely without leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back