Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of diapers discreetly

Default How to get rid of diapers discreetly

Any tips guys? I need some help

Put them in plastic grocery bags, or even better brown paper bags. Chuck them into the bin outside.

I throw mine in white plastic bags and throw it into a bigger bag before throwing that out in the dumpster.

I take the diaper, put it in a grocery bag, then I put that bag in a another bag and tie it up with the handles. Then I throw it away, and put more trash on top of it just to be safe.

Wet diaper - put in a small opaque bag with the handles tied - you can get them by the 100 on Amazon.

Messed diaper - ziplock or other sealing freezer bag and then one or two small bags. They still smell even then - but it helps a bit.

Then everything into double bin bags - and not too much weight in each one. Then in the rubbish / trash.

Outside wet diaper - hopefully never messed outside - put into a supermarket bag and seal it and then put in any bin - ideally not right at the top - and one with a lid that birds and mammals can't get at so easily.

If you accident outside and end up messing unintentionally I don't know - I haven't had one yet, and I'm really not looking forward to having one.

If you're concerned about someone finding the "evidence", it worked well for me to bag it (in a grocery bag) and then drop it in a public trash can somewhere along my commute - for example, a gas station or a store with the bins out front.

How you get it there is up to you.

I buy cases of black plastic shopping bags. You can hardly see through them and they come in a box of one thousand, so you can double or triple bag if you feel you need or want to. Also does an alright job of keeping the smell down pretty decently for the messy diapers you're throwing out.

I have to agree, gallon ziplock bags are the way to go. They hold in any smell really well and you can just put the ziplock bag in a shopping bag for extra camouflage in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    Put them in plastic grocery bags, or even better brown paper bags. Chuck them into the bin outside.
    This is what I do but I double bag mine.