I've never...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixerOp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've never done any business with Abuniverse. I'm looking at purchasing some more diapers, soon. I like thickness, and a medium crinkle factor. And I've read great things about the ABU space. I'm interested in the ABU plain and simple. It's supposed to be just like the space in capacity and durability, just plain and white. Has anyone tried these? Are they as good as the space? What's the company like?

On a side note, I'm glad we made it through that crap from minecraf69kids (or whatever their name was) yesterday. It's too bad people like that have to make the world a more difficult place.

Here's hoping everyone's day is a good one.

Stay padded, my friends,
MixerOp

I like the ABU simple, but I like the Confidry 24/7 better.
My comparison of mediums indicated the Confidry was slightly thicker in the rear and they fit better for me.
I think cost is very similar

I have tried most of their products and have liked each one I have tried. Their quality is top notch in my limited experience when they say their tapes are refasten-able they mean it. They claim that the simple is the same design/shell as the space just without the color or anything and that seems to be the case. I also really like their vintage product line with single tapes on each side but I have heard others complain about them not fitting correctly. I have yet to have any ABU product leak (only one month of using their products so far tho.) Their customer service is good and they mark items sold out as needed (apparently this was an issue for them in the past.) I really like that my cushies don't crinkle so loud that they wake the neighbors like some other diapers do but space and simple were a bit louder to me while still being relatively quite. My wife likes to joke that I am hiding snacks in bed when I wear other diapers but sometimes she won't even know when I am wearing cushies if she can't see them. Shipping takes a while to get to where I am on the other side of the county from them but I does go out on the same day if you get your order in before their posted deadline.

All in all I say if you are looking to try their products then go for it! Good luck

ABU's diapers are pricey, but their worth their weight in gold. I've tried space, simple, and super dry kids and I was thoroughly satisfied with all them. They all feel really thick, and as long as the tapes are properly fastened you won't have any parts of the diaper feeling loose, like Bambino's diapers get sometimes, so they're really comfortable. They're also some of the most absorbent diapers out there. Also, when I ordered from them, they sent me some lollipops to go with my diapers, nice touch.

ABU makes some of the best diapers on the market in my opinion. They also have probably the best customer service provided by any diaper company. I have tried SDKs, Cushies, and Space and have never been disappointed. The Space is my favorite in their line because of its absorbency and durability, they also hold up really well to the end unlike other high capacity diapers. You really can't go wrong with ABU because they take their business very serious and are more than willing to correct a problem.

My fav are sdk v2 i like the single tape makes changes alot easier. And so 90s to me (pampers from 90s)

I am in Australia so deal with their fabulous reseller here but I did write to ABU with my opinion on what their next product should be and was very pleasantly surprised to receive not only a reply back but a personalised reply that was charming... So believe they are awesome to deal with.

As for their products, top notch. Thickness and absorbency are amazing in the Space/Simple (yes they are the same), the crinkle factor I understand is less than it used to be but otherwise they are absolutely 100% worth buying.

I've ordered from them a few times, but it's been quite a while since my last order. They were great with shipping, I recommend one of their Sampler packs if they still sell it, it was like one of every product they sell.

-Gus

Definitely try out their sample packs if you think you may be between sizes. Otherwise I would highly recommend ABU. There's not a product in their lineup that I don't like. Their Space/Simple/LittlePaws are the best, though I'm a bit biased toward their little paws print just because I love the design.

Iron said:
Definitely try out their sample packs if you think you may be between sizes. Otherwise I would highly recommend ABU. There's not a product in their lineup that I don't like. Their Space/Simple/LittlePaws are the best, though I'm a bit biased toward their little paws print just because I love the design.
+1 on trying sizes first if you are unsure. I am right between two of their sizes based on their recommendations so I just figured I would go with the larger size just to be sure. After buying some bulk items I've realized that the size down I thought I would be to large for fits fine. I have a sample coming in today with some little paws and lavender. I really love the designs on both and wanted to try them before committing to a half case or more.

About 2 years ago I placed an order with ABuniverse (UNDER THE OLD OWNERS), My money was never returned, my nappies were never delivered. I was not happy.

FAST FORWARD to about a year ago? give or take, I receive an email notifying me that ABU will return any money or ship out any orders that the old owners had failed to deliver, now my order at the time was a grand total of maybe 28-30 dollars and to be honest I was so disgusted by the whole process I did not even want to contact them again to try and get my delivery, there was a 6 month time line on reporting old over due orders.

Well past the time line, we decided to try ABU again, and I sent them an email explaining my reluctance to trust them again, and they provided me with a coupon for 50% off.

the order arrived across country (From the west coast to the extreme east coast) 2-3 times faster then they had under the previous owner, I was also provided some really tasty candy and further coupons.

the Nappies themselves are extremely reliable and ABU cushies are my favorites, unlike other companies like Aww SO Cute, who provide cheaper products in general, I ave never had any issues with ABU nappy's stuffing getting lumpy and settling togather in a single mass, deflating the rest of the nappy, or leaking.

((as a side note, for those of you that are considering ordering from ASC (aww So cute) I highly recommend ABU instead, and for pacis' I recommend baby-pants. theirs are thicker and more rugged, more expensive but worth it imo.

I've also ordered clothes from baby-pants and we're impressed.

MixerOp said:
I've never done any business with Abuniverse. I'm looking at purchasing some more diapers, soon. I like thickness, and a medium crinkle factor. And I've read great things about the ABU space. I'm interested in the ABU plain and simple. It's supposed to be just like the space in capacity and durability, just plain and white. Has anyone tried these? Are they as good as the space? What's the company like?

On a side note, I'm glad we made it through that crap from minecraf69kids (or whatever their name was) yesterday. It's too bad people like that have to make the world a more difficult place.

Here's hoping everyone's day is a good one.

Stay padded, my friends,
MixerOp
ABU diapers are simply my favorite. As far as plain diapers go, yes they are just a good as their printed ones. The lower cost is the cost of the prints itself. These diapers have an extra wide crotch. You can get through a good portion of the day without having to change. The fit tends to stay intact throughout that time as long as you don't do some extreme physical activities. The tapes are strong and the tape panel reinforces those tapes. They are really soft and comfortable and can take a lot of liquid.

I see your avatar icon and it looks like you're a truck driver. I'm also a truck driver. The diapers functionally increases your productivity. I've actually stuff mine with a booster pad or two. It will last me about 16-24 hours.

You definitely will be spending your money on something that's worth it. The customer service is outstanding and is the best and that is a great perk in itself. You will feel appreciated, instead of being as a job to others that are starved for business. ABU has raised the bar pretty high in everything. They have better customer service than just about any Internet business period.

strictly from a performance standpoint, I would say cushies and confidry are about equal for capacity, though cushies has a slight edge. Depending on your fit, either can have problems with leaks. THe cushies single tapes make a good leg fit difficult, but the confidry don't seem to wick fast enough someties and can give me a corner leak as a result.

The space/simple model has a wider crotch which can cause its own problems, but has a significantly higher capacity and seems much better at containing leaks. It's also a higher price. Side sleeping in a wet space can be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back