• Yes.

5 35.71%
  • No.

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel the quake?

Default Anyone feel the quake?

This is mostly for the UK People.

People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Manchester, the Midlands and Norfolk felt the tremor just before 0100 GMT.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) said the earthquake was of the magnitude of 5.3 and the epicentre was near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire.

The main 10-second quake, which struck at 0056 GMT at a depth of 15.4km (9.6 miles), was the biggest recorded example since one with a magnitude of 5.4 struck north Wales in 1984.

But did you feel the quake? I certainly didn't! I was working on the train when it happened but never felt sod all!

Come to think of it. I think I did feel it but I never took notice cos when someone comes on board the train carriage usually shakes.

Tell us your little shaky exprince too.
    Last edited by BluTack; 27-Feb-2008 at 06:49. Reason: Changed Info

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreMickal View Post
    This is mostly for the UK People.

It happened at 0100 GMT in Lancashire near Newcastle measured 6.1. most powerful we had. Only lasted for about 10 seconds though.
    It was also said that it was felt down to South London too.

But did you feel the quake? I certainly didn't! I was working on the train when it happened but never felt sod all!

Come to think of it. I think I did feel it but I never took notice cos when someone comes on board the train carriage usually shakes.

Tell us your little shaky exprince too.
    A building in the town next to mine blew up and shook everything does that count. But no i didn't feel the quake as i am in america.

Monkey

I did. It frightened the hell out of me, first thoughts that ran through my mind was either an explosion or a ghost, me & my imagination.

First earthquake I've experienced. Today, I am a man.

According to Yahoo only one injury has been reported, from a falling chimney pot no less.
    Last edited by Monkey; 27-Feb-2008 at 08:56.

Peachy

Sure didn't, but I don't live on the The Island, so that's not a surprise. When we had the last (minor) earthquake where I live, I was on vacation in Italy with my family, so I missed out on that too. Guess I'm not a man yet

When I woke up this morning, however, I had an MSN message from a friend who lives in that area (Leeds), asking me if I felt the quake.

Peachy

Tigger

Naw, that wasn't an earthquake! It was me. I let off this ripper of a fart!!

Slept through it!

But college was off today for me, because of electricity problems, and everyone had blamed (or praised?) the earthquake.

Thinking about it, something did wake me up in the night which is weird because usually once I'm asleep I'm out until morning. But I didn't feel anything, seems like everyone else did though.

Didn't feel it. Dunno if I was too far away to really feel it or I just slept through it... kinda disappointing really, I've always wanted to know what an earthquake feels like.

Ironically, I figured I'd go to sleep really early because I thought nothing interesting was going to happen that night...

when i was in san diego i felt a 3.7 earthquake when i was up late studying. i thought i was hallucinating from lack of sleep up until i saw the houses across the street rise and fall. i went right to bed after that point...
    but no quakes here in mass. although the next possible quake along a fault line that runs somewhere near jersey/new york area is supposed to be intense.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack26 View Post
    Ironically, I figured I'd go to sleep really early because I thought nothing interesting was going to happen that night...
    At our local science museum, there is an exhibit that demonstrates quite vividly what an earthquake is like. You get to sit in a mock-up living room, on a couch, and the entire room is built on huge hydraulic rams that spring in action and shake the room around quite badly. I honestly don't want to experience it in real life, because real rooms are not as flexible as an exhibit at a museum (and a real earthquake doesn't have an emergency stop button!)

Peachy

what was weird was the one i was in didn't really shake (since california is on a subversion fault line) but it rolled, which was fun, but WICKED unnerving!