Hobbies and intrests

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAO said:
Lately I've gotten in to making chainmaille earrings.
I used to make large chainmaille items a while back. I got too busy to keep up with it though. I still have boxes of bags and bags of rings and scales in my closet. All my pliers have rusted up. I think about getting back into it from time to time but then I remember how long shipping takes from my supplier and I decide not to lol.

RzHeck said:
Is there anyone else who's a avid climber.

i used to climb a fair bit. it was just a part of life for me though, along with walking and running. mostly, it was freeclimbing; i don't like being encumbered by harnesses and ropes and i'm also not very trusting of others (but, we all have our moments of idiocy).

i used to be quite physical, but since being injured at work, there's not much that i can do anymore. i dabble in photography and i suppose my latest gig with that is cloudbows:
View attachment 26792

View attachment 26793

Fishing, hiking,camping it's been forever since I went camping canoeing ,bowling ,billiards and visiting museum's

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I have an introduction that lists my hobbies, but off the top of my head my main ones are video games, drawing, writing, and walking aimlessly indoors.

I used to breed fresh water tropical fish and I used to play Battletech but dropped those years ago.

I also have been tabletop roleplaying for a long time but just about stoped that.

Have to find a new hobby maybe live action roleplay (LARP)?

I love Lightsabers as well but not sure how I could actually make that a hobby.

RzHeck said:
That's really cool Austrialia is know for their creepy critter's so you probably find some of the best specimens also. Have you ever come across one of those spiders that are like as big as a small dog? Or are they in a different area of Australia?

- - - Updated - - -

I always dreamed of making a trap house like one that every room had a secret entrance somewhere like clue. Except all of mine would lead to a secret room in the middle of my house.

I think you're talking about the Goliath Bird-Eating Spiders? They are not local and we have the best (?worst) import/export laws for invertebrates around the world; up until about three years ago, it was illegal to transport any invertebrates from Western Australia into the other states and territories, and vice versa. I wish they'd let me export all the leeches in our tropical local, they are the worst when I go outside even just to throw the rubbish out if there has been a recent rain!

We do have the Australian Bird-Eating Spider (Selenocosmia Crassipes), which I have owned before. They stress out very easily if you don't take care of their environment and you can (shouldn't) power-feed them, meaning feed them to grow and shed earlier than naturally, which inevitably kills them.

We DO have trapdoor spiders! I honestly thought I had picked up a rare trapdoor I knew lived locally but as it grew and settled in its home, the trapdoor never happened but a big old funnel-web started to take shape...

What would your secret room have in it? I'd love a house with trap doors and secret tunnels behind bookcases! With the holes in the eyes of paintings, haha! :smile1:

storyof0 said:
What would your secret room have in it? I'd love a house with trap doors and secret tunnels behind bookcases! With the holes in the eyes of paintings, haha! :smile1:

To be honest it would be a fallout shelter/man cave. It would be 3-4 stories 2 above and 2 below each floor about 100 sq ft. The bottom would be food storage and the armory then the room above is the kitchen/sleeping area. The top stories would be the man cave. The walls would be uneven glossy black with copper veining while the floor would be copper specked brown shag. The room would be a double tall room with a half floor on the second to access the second story doors. All the furnishings would hang from copper chains anchored around the room. There would be a flat screen along with a hidden surround sound system in the walls. And yes eye holes in the eyes of every painting. ;)

Tabletop games and Magic the Gathering.

Right now I've got 3 different hobbies that eat up my free time. Writing, cross stitch, and crochet. Oh there's a fourth one - model trains but right now they're packed up until I can get a big enough place to put 'em up.

Not much, reading and writing I just interested with knowledge.

Extremely busy at work lately (haven't been on this site in weeks). When I'm not working I have lots of hobbies and interests. Surfing, skateboarding, running, hiking, swimming, camping, SCUBA, sailing, free-diving, ultimate frisbee, weight lifting, yoga, basketball, soccer, canoeing, motorcycles, reading, video games, board games, puzzles, photography, watercolor painting, sketching, making movies, building PCs, going to amusement parks and traveling. I wish I could spend time doing these things instead of working all the time, but my job is pretty cool too so I can't complain too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back