Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Depot (near Atlanta) is AWESOME!

Default Diaper Depot (near Atlanta) is AWESOME!

I dropped by the Diaper Depot store in Stone Mountain, GA Saturday and OMG what a great experience!!!! I spoke with Helen for over a hour about the various premium diapers they are stocking and what I was looking for. She was super easy to talk to and TOTALLY non-judgmental. She asked me a lot of questions about my incontinence and wanted to know my experiences with the diapers I've used. You'd think that it might be embarrassing but she just put me totally at ease right from the beginning. Even though I told her I wasn't AB she just couldn't help herself and pulled out a sample of all of the AB and premium diapers they had. She then laid them all out on the counter so we could compare and discuss them. It was actually fun, yeah I just said it, diaper shopping in person was FUN!! I ended up buying a bag of Tranquility Top Liner pads, a sample pack of two Abena L4 Air Supremes (i.e. cloth sides) and she even talked me into a two-pack of ABU Space diapers. I know, I know those are AB diapers but she is quite the saleslady and told me I just had to try them since they were so absorbent and that the space themed print wasn't really all that babyish. I'm still not sure how I'll explain the printed Space diapers if my wife sees me in them. However they are super thick so I guess I can always go on the premise that they are one of if not the most absorbent on the market.

Anyway, if you are ever in the Atlanta area you have just got to drop by Diaper Depot and talk to Helen for yourself, you won't regret it. I know I'll be stopping by whenever I'm there.

That's fabulous to hear! I love great customer service and those Space are amazing.... Have you tried the Simples as well????

I was just in the area a few days ago. I had no idea a store like that existed.

I have been to the store myself twice mainly to buy the ABU Space and ABU Little Pawz. Helen is just a super nice person on my first visit she helped my compared the Abena to the ABU's so I knew exactly what size I needed to buy. So on my first visit I ended up buying a half case of the ABU Space scented and a pack of the very hard to find Abena Abri-Let Maxi booster pads and on the next visit I purchased a full case of the ABU Space scented and a half case of the ABU Little Pawz also scented.

Come off it, she knew you were abdl otherwise she would have recommended the plain ones that abu does that has the same absorbency as the space design. She got you sussed from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by dlissexy View Post
    Come off it, she knew you were abdl otherwise she would have recommended the plain ones that abu does that has the same absorbency as the space design. She got you sussed from the outset.
    Well I told Helen right away that I wasn't AB (not that I have ANY problem with those that are!) but I also let on that I did have a bit more interest in diapers other than just how absorbent they were. I think she could easily figure out that I was something of a DL and I didn't say anything to dispel that idea. I don't think she had the ABU Simples since I specifically asked for non-printed diapers before she brought out the printed ones. I think she is just so excited to be able to have the printed ones for ABDL's that she just couldn't help pulling some out to show me. Once she told me she thought I'd look just fine in them and they really weren't all that babyish I just caved in. Yeah I'm definitely not AB but at least I am open-minded.

I had been going in that store for years but havent in a year or so, I always thought highly of the lady that runs it. So they are stocking abena and abu now? I guess I need to get it in gear and go see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    I had been going in that store for years but havent in a year or so, I always thought highly of the lady that runs it. So they are stocking abena and abu now? I guess I need to get it in gear and go see them again.
    Are you talking about the one in Stone Mountain on Memorial Highway? I didn't realize that this store had even been around that long. I think there is, or was another place of the same name in Decatur (near downtown Atlanta) but I believe it's more of a delivery/supply kind of place, not sure about that though. I wish I would have know about this place sooner.

I have to add my plug for Diaper Depot as well. I saw ABUniverse re-tweet their posts back in July and when I saw the store was near where I was going for a business trip, I started scheming how I was going to sneak in a visit. Then I saw this post and it confirmed that I just had to find a way to get over there. Well, my co-worker ended up driving separately, so I took the opportunity to use my travel day to visit the store, and I couldn't be happier that I did!

When I arrived, I asked if she still sold ABU diapers - there was another customer in the store and Helen offered to be discrete and wait until the customer left, but I figured I wouldn't see that person again, so she went ahead and pulled out the samples of ABU Space and Little Pawz to show me. Then after we talked a while, the customer left and she showed me a bunch of other samples that she was considering adding to the store.

Helen told me the story of how she was introduced to the ABDL community just earlier this year and about how she wanted to support us the best she could. I really couldn't say enough good things about her after the time she took talking to me, a total stranger, about something as "odd" as fun diapers for adults. I'm not an outgoing person (and nobody knows about my diapers except my wife), but she managed to keep me there for an hour! And I completed my goal of getting some ABU diapers as well...

So if you're ever near her store in Stone Mountain, I recommend dropping by to see her and support her business. As of today, she only has ABU Space and Little Pawz (as well as Abena and Tranquility), but she wants to expand the ABDL offerings soon.