Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About johnson and johnson baby powder causing cancer

Default About johnson and johnson baby powder causing cancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNZpDsqbHso this is a link, appearantly Johnson and Johnson already been sued by couple of people for 60 million dollars. Anyways the thing is that they knew about it and didn't put any warning labels on they're product.

Not just because I like powder, but I don't think there's enough evidence of this. Talc is a very widely used product for a very long time. My mother has been using talc all her life. I know there's been so many people exposed to talc. The test that claims that women have a 92% increased risk of developing ovarian cancer, I believe, is not accurate. Do you know how many people were exposed to talc, specifically in the genitals? No where's enough to have conclusive evidence.

The only few times that talc was actually studied and supposedly found to have a link to ovarian cancer, were tests done by an individual(s) that were paid by the plaintiffs during or leading up to trials.

If you want more information go here:
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...nap-story.html

This article will pretty much describe everything perfectly.

well, talc is basically just perfumed dirt
    nobody's questioning the 'parfum'.

as with all other stuff, if the label says to avoid contact with the eyes, and certainly to avoid inhaling or ingesting, assume the worst.

Well, it does say, "external use only" meaning don't put powder up yourself but I don't take the risk of putting powder in my diapers, I just use it on the leg area and on my butt and front part where your pubic area is meant to be, not actually where the actual vagina is meant to be, sorry that may of been graphic but some women are careless where they powder up, I like the smell so I use it on areas to prevent rash. Nobody can be that careless to use it in underwear and diapers!

Southstuart

I don't think people put it in their underwear.. i guess like everything it has pros and cons

i sweat like no other not just when im padded up so i use the dollar store stuff. In my big boy underwear. I have had no issues. And also on a long road trip it nice to have that dryness booster.

I use talc powder all the time. Especially on 2 or 3 day trips into the woods where there is no shower available. A nice liberal application to all "hot" areas that are not covered by deoderant helps a ton with hygiene.

Talc has been used in baby powder for at least a century.
    If it caused cancer, that would have been found out by the 1930's.
    The cancer link seems to be fiction.

We keep getting commercials on television telling people to call this number ..... because there is a class action lawsuit against J & J for their baby powder causing ovarian cancer. My best guess is, let the courts figure this one out. There are two kinds of baby powders, one using talc and the other using corn starch. I would suggest reading the labels and using only the corn starch based powder.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Not just because I like powder, but I don't think there's enough evidence of this. Talc is a very widely used product for a very long time. My mother has been using talc all her life. I know there's been so many people exposed to talc. The test that claims that women have a 92% increased risk of developing ovarian cancer, I believe, is not accurate. Do you know how many people were exposed to talc, specifically in the genitals? No where's enough to have conclusive evidence.

The only few times that talc was actually studied and supposedly found to have a link to ovarian cancer, were tests done by an individual(s) that were paid by the plaintiffs during or leading up to trials.

If you want more information go here:
    http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...nap-story.html

This article will pretty much describe everything perfectly.
    I wonder what the chances are without talc, if the original chances were something crazy small like 0.01% (this is made up!), then a 92% increase would still be less than 0.02% (still made up!) chance. It would be hard to come up with data that is not biased in some other way (geography, wealth to name a few).

I did manage to find the study, this just says a 30-60% increase, but they want you to pay to actually read the study, so I can't see how they actually gathered data (other than the pitiful amount of information in the abstract)
    http://journals.lww.com/ijgc/Citatio...NCER__.40.aspx