Thinking of shaving/cutting off my pubic hair to make diaper changes easier, any advice on how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Most of the old links on the subject are dead and I don't want to cut myself by mistake or something.

Just go slow if you use an electric shaver. I've nicked myself a couple of times and it hurt real bad even when I tried to be careful. I try to trim down there every now and then, but it's nerve racking. It does look better in my opinion once done. It's really hard to get a perfect smooth in all of the places, so don't push it too much or else you'll hurt yourself like I've done.

Sonic007 said:
Just go slow if you use an electric shaver. I've nicked myself a couple of times and it hurt real bad even when I tried to be careful. I try to trim down there every now and then, but it's nerve racking. It does look better in my opinion once done. It's really hard to get a perfect smooth in all of the places, so don't push it too much or else you'll hurt yourself like I've done.

Its good to know that the shave won't look "perfect". That should help me avoid getting hurt.

Off topic:
I think we have something in common:
We both like Sonic the Hedgehog and we both like at least some Sonic characters in diapers, seemingly.
Here's some of what I like: http://hex000f.deviantart.com/

I use a scissors and cut the hair as close as I can. Obviously with scissors, you still have to bei very careful.

I do the same as dogboy said.

Trim first, definitely. If you plan on shaving completely, you'll want to trim first and get used to it, because even trimming will end with you feeling very itchy.

If you haven't shaved there before, you first need to use scissors or something similar to cut most of the excess hair off. Trying to use a razor (manual or electric) on a pubic hair that has been growing for years is not wise.

After that, some people like it just that way - short but not gone.

If you want to go further, I use a manual razor. I really do not want to use my electric razor in that area. With the manual razor, I just lather up and shave. You do need to be a little bit more careful but I have been shaving for more than a year now (once a week) and have nicked myself maybe three times - never too bad.

If you have a trimmer I would start with that first to shorten the hair. Then switch to a rotary electric razor.
They don't pull as bad as a vibrating one. I've been shaved down there for along time, so I shave with a razor
in the shower about once aweek to keep me smooth.

Don’t know that it makes changing easier, but I find the area is cooler/dryer when kept trimmed and consequently less a breeding ground for rashes.

If you shave, expect that it may feel weird, itchy, and awful, leading to immediate regret. If you stick with it for a week or so and continue shaving maintenance, this will pass. I've been doing it for yearsand even if I didn't like diapers, I think it'sjust more comfortable overall.

I have shaved since 1990 and happy I did. My wife also has a baby bald area too. Love it and easy to maintain once it is all gone.

Gotta agree with using trimming scissors instead. Keeps it from itching, and is less scary. And of course, don't want the trimmer I use on my face in that area, hahah. Less hair means less odor, too.

If really long, I use the electric beard trimmer on it first. Once it gets low enough you have more options to go either all electric or go for a careful but close manual shave with cream. It will definitely itch a few days later so either keep up with it or you will go through stages of discomfort.

Trevor said:
If you shave, expect that it may feel weird, itchy, and awful, leading to immediate regret. If you stick with it for a week or so and continue shaving maintenance, this will pass. I've been doing it for yearsand even if I didn't like diapers, I think it'sjust more comfortable overall.
This has been my experience. Turns out you should do some babyish things simply because they work.

https://www.amazon.com/Schick-TrimS...qid=1469412812&sr=1-1&keywords=bikini+trimmer

I have this razor for that. The bikini trimmer doesn't go to the skin so I've never had any injuries with it. It won't completely remove the hair but it will get it down to a nice easy to maintain and keep clean buzz-cut. Personally, I don't enjoy shaving that region completely bare because of pretty much always having intense itching and irritation from the ingrown hair that follows.

scissors carefully don't try to get it all off

Trimmer clip first then hair remover cream works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this because of messy diapers and the fact that diapers tend to seal better around your legs if they are shaven.
what I did was first start with a pair of scissors trimmed up all of the longhairs and I could get with that and then I let it sit for a couple of days and Trimming a little bit more, as cutting off all the hair at one time causes skin irritation, but after a couple of days I went ahead and shaved everything off while taking a shower with a skin sensitive razor and a very mild soap, after all of that dried thoroughly and applied a thin amount of AD-diaper rash ointment across the entire area that I had shaven this cut down on skin irritation, also I used baby oil after a few days on the area I was putting diaper rash ointment on, also once you start keep up with it because that area hair grows back fast but if you keep shaving usually if hair does start to come back is usually softer and less irritating when having to shave again. Also this is just my opinion others have good opinions to.

Been at it for decades.... Initially, yes, trim close with scissors, but eventually, use plenty of cream to take it all the way. I currently use surgical soap (Hibiclens or BetaSept) along with Dr. Bonner's, and shave up/down, and every which way to get baby smooth. Baby oil & powder combined as a cream afterwards. Shower & shave every day/two, rinse & repeat...

I have a separate trimmer for my diaper area , I keep it manicured but not "nap of the earth" shaved it clean once and got so many ingrown hairs and so itchy that I have never done it again , I even went with the hair growth direction and still payed, tried chemical removal and nearly did some real damage , will never do that again, shaving again is a possibility if I ever lost bowel function the hair would go as soon as I could clean up.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back