• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello... I'm Ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobiah

Contributor
Hi there.
This is my first time joining a forum based on this, and well...

I'm ashamed that I've become addicted to this fetish.
I, I'm pretty sure it's not normal, that I'm insane or something

I like looking at Age Regression, and diaper play, and thinking about the feeling

But at the same time, I'm ashamed to like this stuff.

I'm not sure what to do. Nobody knows my secret.

Welcome to Adisc!

Don't be ashamed, it's normal to feel this way at first, but it gets better. :)

Do you have any interests outside of the fetish stuff? Hobbies? Favourite movies? Stuff like that.

Hello Ashamed I'm DrunkBear (Okies that was a terrible joke)

Welcome, Tobiah. Hope you have a amazing stay. :)

I am ashamed of my AB/DL life when I do get very addicted to it and want to and do binge with hours and hours and days in my apartment doing AB/DL things. Like last Friday I spent almost the whole day in bed wetting my diaper and sucking on a pacifier.
I am not ashamed though when I get to balance--when I do adult things both inside and outside and AB/DL things.
I need to do this. When I go full stop for a while, I get cravings to go back to AB/DL land and then I binge and feel ashamed.
People here are great to help us get balance. Like I posted that I wanted to regress all day today and people warned me to do that but only for a short time or include adult things. So I have out both my coloring books and adult memoir books.

I like to work with computers...
I want to get rid of this fetish, it's in its infancy stage.
I.. I'm imagining what it's like to wear diapers, and I've been trying to emulate the feeling by wearing different things, but.. I had a thought about going to the store and buying some, but that would be dumb and I really need help

This is an individual journey for all of us depending on our circumstances. If you avoid this fetish then you will But if you cannot I will just add that after all these years this web site is the best for healthy support of all of them.

Alright..
I guess the only thing I can do right now is get support and not spend money on this.

I know what you are feeling about spending money. One idea is to go to web sites for brands like Tena and Depends and get some free samples. Then you can wear the diapers and see if you don't like them after all that the reality isn't as good as the fantasy. Also while you are in this state of mind do two things each day out of your home, away from electronics even grocery shopping.

Craver said:
I know what you are feeling about spending money. One idea is to go to web sites for brands like Tena and Depends and get some free samples. Then you can wear the diapers and see if you don't like them after all that the reality isn't as good as the fantasy. Also while you are in this state of mind do two things each day out of your home, away from electronics even grocery shopping.

I got the trial pack, and hopefully it will get here soon..
I bought it under a pseudonym, so yeah.

Tobiah said:

Trust me, you will love them. It can be stressful sometimes, but you will get used to it.

Tobiah said:
Welcome aboard, Tobiah. Things started a bit earlier for me, but I had similar feelings of guilt and shame from time to time. These were amplified by a sense of aloneness, as there was no Internet at the time, so there was nothing to tell me that I wasn't a one-off weirdo.

But hey! You're not alone, and while ABDL isn't common, neither is it extremely rare. There are lots of wonderful people here, and we occupy, collectively, all walks of life. Sometimes, the diaper thing just sneaks in there and then it's along for whatever ride we take it on. There doesn't seem to be a "cure", and most will tell you that the cold-turkey approach only makes things worse. You can't starve away an element of your sexuality (if that's what it is in your case).

Fortunately, the sort of preoccupation you feel right now is almost certainly temporary. Eventually--hopefully soon!--you'll find a balance where you can periodically indulge these urges without too much trouble. And then they'll be much, much less of a burden. You'll feel a bit silly and embarrassed about it at first, sure. But, as others have said, it gets better. Just consider diapers to be a part of your "kit" for now. They needn't define you, and they certainly aren't a sign of some bigger problem. They're just a tool for a job, albeit one slightly to the side of what they were intended for.

Tobiah said:
I like to work with computers...
I want to get rid of this fetish, it's in its infancy stage.
I.. I'm imagining what it's like to wear diapers, and I've been trying to emulate the feeling by wearing different things, but.. I had a thought about going to the store and buying some, but that would be dumb and I really need help
What do you think ticked this fetish off to you? You haven't ever had some kind of fascination with diapers before?

Yes, this fetish is weird, and overall is not accepted very well from people outside of the community.

No, this isn't an unhealthy fetish, it's just one kink of many in the world. There's lots of kinks that would seem weirder into others' eyes. The stigma that it has is generally that is babyish. This is usually associated with potty training. A time during potty training when parents shame their kids out of diapers and from then on is described as something for babies.

No, there isn't no reason to not wear diapers, there's nothing wrong with diapers, it's just a form of underwear that serves an extra purpose.

Yes, the guilt in wearing diapers will always be floating around. It will seem wrong. It will seem weird. You will feel ashamed because it's not a normal thing. If you do try to wear diapers, you will have a mix of emotions. You will feel stupid. You will feel excitement. You will feel ashamed. You will feel adventurous. You will feel guilty. You will feel bliss. Try closing out the negative emotions before judging your feelings about diapers. Do you like the physical feeling? Does it comfort you? Does it make you feel younger?

Does it make you have sexual feelings?

No, don't call yourself stupid, don't be ashamed, or otherwise it could be an emotional Rollercoaster. Especially if you truly like it.

I'll come and add more later as I have to go to work...

Last edited:
AnimeDude892 said:
Trust me, you will love them. It can be stressful sometimes, but you will get used to it.

I ordered two different brands, I'll see which one I like I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:
Welcome aboard, Tobiah. Things started a bit earlier for me, but I had similar feelings of guilt and shame from time to time. These were amplified by a sense of aloneness, as there was no Internet at the time, so there was nothing to tell me that I wasn't a one-off weirdo.

But hey! You're not alone, and while ABDL isn't common, neither is it extremely rare. There are lots of wonderful people here, and we occupy, collectively, all walks of life. Sometimes, the diaper thing just sneaks in there and then it's along for whatever ride we take it on. There doesn't seem to be a "cure", and most will tell you that the cold-turkey approach only makes things worse. You can't starve away an element of your sexuality (if that's what it is in your case).

Fortunately, the sort of preoccupation you feel right now is almost certainly temporary. Eventually--hopefully soon!--you'll find a balance where you can periodically indulge these urges without too much trouble. And then they'll be much, much less of a burden. You'll feel a bit silly and embarrassed about it at first, sure. But, as others have said, it gets better. Just consider diapers to be a part of your "kit" for now. They needn't define you, and they certainly aren't a sign of some bigger problem. They're just a tool for a job, albeit one slightly to the side of what they were intended for.

Hopefully indeed, heh. I just hope it all works out okay and nobody from my house disowns me and throws me out on the streets or anything...

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
What do you think ticked this fetish off to you? You haven't ever had some kind of fascination with diapers before?

Yes, this fetish is weird, and overall is not accepted very well from people outside of the community.

No, this isn't an unhealthy fetish, it's just one kink of many in the world. There's lots of kinks that would seem weirder into others' eyes. The stigma that it has is generally that is babyish. This is usually associated with potty training. A time during potty training when parents shame their kids out of diapers and from then on is described as something for babies.

No, there isn't no reason to not wear diapers, there's nothing wrong with diapers, it's just a form of underwear that serves an extra purpose.

Yes, the guilt in wearing diapers will always be floating around. It will seem wrong. It will seem weird. You will feel ashamed because it's not a normal thing. If you do try to wear diapers, you will have a mix of emotions. You will feel stupid. You will feel excitement. You will feel ashamed. You will feel adventurous. You will feel guilty. You will feel bliss. Try closing out the negative emotions before judging your feelings about diapers. Do you like the physical feeling? Does it comfort you? Does it make you feel younger?

Does it make you have sexual feelings?

No, don't call yourself stupid, don't be ashamed, or otherwise it could be an emotional Rollercoaster. Especially if you truly like it.

I'll come and add more later as I have to go to work...

It does make me have sexual feelings, as well as being younger, and.. I just like the idea of being taken care of by others, really.

Hello
Don't feel bad about it there nothing wrong with it.

Tobiah,

Hey buddy,
I want to let uk ur not alone in ur feelings and as far as addicted it depends on how the word is defined in ur mind regaurding this particular subject. For me i have struggled to discover myself (for yrs have been shamed for even wanting to wear diapers). But in all reality no one, i repeat no one is incharge of ur happyness, only u can discover what makes u happy. But back the subject, i discovered that i am an ab and even tho i have kiddos, i want them to know its ok to show urself. But for u to feel shamed by this, it is only natural because we grew up in a society where if it is not in a normal overall spectrum then it is wrong. You see i was taught diapers are wrong unless ur a real baby. I was even told they dont make diapers big enough, tho i was apologized for being lied to. Its the point. Just explore it and u would be suprized at the out come. It is harmless to everyone to act like a baby or even just to wear diapers.JUST BE YOURSELF. Huggles for now

Hi there Tobiah.
I probably have a lot less experience of this lifestyle/fetish than most of the members here, but the one thing that helped me a great deal was reaching out to others who are in the same boat (online and later in person). It really brought it home to me that I may have a weird fetish, but at least others have it too. I then gradually went from wanting to get rid of being ABDL (with lots of wasteful binging and purging) to accepting it and enjoying it. So for me it was easier to learn to enjoy it than to continue trying to kill it. Either way, I think this forum will be of great help to you as you decide for yourself what you want - it definitely was a great asset to me when I was in the stage where you seem to be now (even though I just lurked for years...lol). Anyway, I wish you good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back