Thread: PUL Plastic Pants - Experiences/Info needed

Default PUL Plastic Pants - Experiences/Info needed

I've been wearing Gary ActiveWear PUL pants, size XL (40 waist) over my disposable diapers for a year or so and have had good luck with them. In all that time I've only had one small leak get by the leg elastics. The overall size seems about right for me but the legs do seem a bit too tight even though my thighs measure within the size chart. The elastic at the inner part of the legs has rolled inside the leg hems and leaves red marks on my inner legs/thighs when I remove the the pants. Otherwise they are fairly cool to wear, are very well made, and clean/dry easily in the normal wash, all good things.

I tried the Netti brand PUL pants from LLMedico and was NOT impressed at all. The material seemed thin/cheap and the elastics were not impressive in the least and just seemed too weak. I ordered according to the size chart, and got the size I ordered, but they were HUGE, easily one size too large. I think I could have worn three Dry 24/7 under them and still had room to spare.

At the moment I'm considering ordering a pair of LeakMaster PUL pants but was wondering if others have had good experiences them, or with any other brand(s) of PUL pants.

Any info, experiences, or sources for PUL pants you know of would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Padded53; 22-Jul-2016 at 02:50.

I wear the PUL panties from Changing Times Diaper Co now for two years. So far they are holding great over my twill prefolds
    from the same Co. Robert is getting ready to move to Vegas so he will be closed for awhile. I have four pair that I rotate every
    night. He has them made for him by Kins. He supplies the matl to them. Visit his site at www.changingtimesdiaperco.com
    You will like his selection I'm sure.

I have one pair with velcro fasteners on the sides. I have not been very happy with them, since they tend to absorb liquid and become wet. I prefer my thin vinyl ones, either pull-ons for night or snap-side ones for daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I wear the PUL panties from Changing Times Diaper Co now for two years. So far they are holding great over my twill prefolds
    from the same Co. Robert is getting ready to move to Vegas so he will be closed for awhile. I have four pair that I rotate every
    night. He has them made for him by Kins. He supplies the matl to them. Visit his site at www.changingtimesdiaperco.com
    You will like his selection I'm sure.
    OOOOH- i love changingtimes pul plastic pants. I lov the froggy pants and wanted to also get the dinos

I've used the ones from Kins without any major leaking problems. Of course, if you soak any diaper heavily enough, there is always the possibility of leaks.

I see this thread is little old ... guess summer's been keeping me busy!

I have some of the LeakMaster PUL pants from AdultClothDiaper.com. The quality is good, they've held up well, and leaks haven't been a problem.

If you like plastic, the gerber style PEVA pants from baby-pants.com are a good choice. They are light weight, and in spite of the thin material, hold up better than anything else plastic I've used.

But ... they crinkle. Maybe I should say CRINKLE! I wore a pair to go out once (I'll revisit that word in a bit). I guess I wasn't thinking. They were fine at the busy coffee shop, so I still wasn't clued in. Then I ran an errand in an institutional setting. Think long halls, tiled floors, and echoing footsteps.

OMG!! I'm still so embarrassed when I think of it ... The double-takes and puzzled looks. Oh God, what was I thinking!?

So, yes, I said ONCE. All that is to say that there is a really big advantage to PUL pants if you're going out. Yep, go the PUL pants unless you have a really good therapist and are willing to move three states away.