9 39.13%
  • Prefer someone of the same gender

6 26.09%
  • Doesn't make a difference

8 34.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masseuse Gender Preference

Default Masseuse Gender Preference

I saw the post in another thread about massages, so I kind of had a question that I wanted to ask everyone, so therefore I will ask it.

My question is, for those of you who have had a massage or would like to get one in the future (and I'm talking about a professional massage by a licensed and trained masseuse in a reputable business establishment), do you have a gender preference of masseuse.

The reason that I ask, is that I went to get a massage recently, with a friend of mine, and they ask you if you have a preference and I said that it didn't matter to me, and well, to say the least, the friend I went with seemed to wonder why I didn't ask for a female. Well, my answer is that I wanted a massage, it didn't matter to me what gender the person was, but that's my feeling. What's yours?

I think I'd want a female one, although I could go with a guy one.

I really don't know, but then again, I really don't care. Probably a female, but I'd be okay for a male, as long as he's straight.

--The Silent Assassin--

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
    I really don't know, but then again, I really don't care. Probably a female, but I'd be okay for a male, as long as he's straight.
    Yes, because a bi or gay guy would most likely not be able to contain his urge to rape you on the spot

As for me, it doesn't really matter. Then again, I'm one of the few people who don't like getting massages. Call me weird, but think the sensation varies between bodily discomfort and hurting. And yes, I've tried getting one from people who have studied it and knows how to perform one properly.

Not to be pedantic, but a masseuse is by definition going to be female:

masseuse - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

To answer your question, I think I would find either one to be equally uncomfortable.

I have to say female. I had a massage done by a man before, and I felt extremely uncomfortable (most likely because he looked rather... well, to put it nicely, "unique"). I've had women ever since : P

I'm not going to talk with them enough to ascertain their gender. I go in, they rub me, I leave.

But I would like the sex of a masseuse to be female. Not because it's a sexual thing, but in a non-sexual context, I'd rather spend time with a woman than a man, most else being equal.

I remember some reward on a season of survivor, including a massage, and they were told up front the female was gentler, and the male was more firm...

Then one semi-ditzy lady picks the guy, probably thinking "Ooh, massage and a nice meal on another continent, i'll pick the cute looking guy because he looks nice!", while totally ignoring what she was told.

....her little squeals of discomfort at the more firm massage gave me quite a chuckle.

I also wouldn't spend money on a massage. Give me a high flow shower head with a lot of HOT water backing it up, and that's about as good a relaxer as money could buy.

Either for me! (And I've had one from both genders too)

It's not such a big deal to me, like the OP said, I'm going there for a massage and not get hit on the employees. They get paid to work out the kinks (no they aren't therapists!), so I don't think they'd care about who they massage. Running a conservative massage establishment seems kind of oxymoronic, don't you think? But I can see why people would prefer to get a massage by one gender over the other.

I've never had a massage, but I don't think I'd really care. As long as they do a good job, that's all that matters to me.