Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am too babyish

Default I am too babyish

Recently, I've hit a bad spot with my Daddy and it's looking like he's going to break up with me. There are a lot of contributing factors if that does happen, but something he mentioned has me really confused and hurt. He said "acting little does not mean acting babyish." My little age tends to range somewhere around 1-4 and it can vary a lot. And recently (a week prior to the babyish comment) he said that I was holding my little side back too much and that I need to try finding a balance between my little and big sides. So I started letting myself react how I felt, regardless of if it was big or little, but most of the time it was little. But now he says I'm acting babyish and that's not little? I'm so confused and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please, any advice or observations. I just don't know what to do.

Honestly, if you're being authentic in your regressive behaviour, I don't see how that can be wrong or 'incorrect' Sounds like you are responding to the way you feel, which may not be what he wants. Unfortunately, if he has a preference for you being regressed only to say 4yo then that's his concern. He needs to appreciate that regression isn't necessarily consistent and that deeper regression often does take us further into babyhood. I think you need to discuss this with him and try to help him understand the nature of regression. If he truly cares for you, he'll do so when you're an adult, or regressed to what ever level you find yourself (I might add that there is additional responsibility and care required when you regress to a very young age)

Perhaps there's little babyish actions that you do, which your dad don't want, so that he felt you were too babyish, like spoiled, naughty, etc. your father wants you to become a "Little" just as what he wants, every parents want their children to be the best for them, so is better if you also share about the regression of you to your dad, so he can understands and there's no misunderstanding between you both.

Your daddy intent on regression may be little different from you, your dad mean to be a "little" plausibly be children aged 5-8 years. it is clear that your father wanted you to be who you are "Kid" is not a toddler, he felt that if you were a toddler might be a bit troublesome, your father think about regression bit of a misnomer, regression is not consistent with what age is the benchmark and should not be lower than that, not like that. they natural, no matter if it's too childish nor too babyish.

Thanks
    -Max

The phrase that caught my attention was "need to find a balance between little and big side.

I think that the need is to step back and look at the big picture.

This was a very important point that my wife had when we first started talking about the Diaper lover situation.

First the major key is communication.
    My suggestion is that you sit down and have a good talk about what it is that you both want in the relationship.
    Then the next phase is what both of you see as little and big time.

This is the thing that was made clear to me by my wife. I can have a little side and little time, but there are very strict boundaries that are set and are followed.

So I think what I am pointing out is that are you being two little like 4 months and needy or 14 months?

Or is it that there is the times to do the adult things; house work, earning a living, etc. and little time when diapers and dolls are allowed?

Egor

I agree with what the above have said. However, it also sounds to me that he is being manipulative of your emotions. If I'm reading you correctly, it sounds like he's changing his expectations. I've never been in a toddler/daddy or mommy relationship but I suppose it could also include a certain amount of dominance. I wonder if that is entering into your relationship? Either way, you will need to have a serious discussion with him and see if this difference can be worked out. If not, then you will have a difficult decision to make, staying or leaving.

Seems like boundry/limits need to be discussed with you partner related to regression, as to when, where, and to what degree.

I had a talk with my Daddy about this and we've mostly resolved things. Recently (within the last couple of months) I've been becoming a lot more comfortable with my little side and a lot more open about my feeling when in little space, but I still had kept my little and big head spaces seperate. So, when I stopped trying to fully seperate them, I began acting little more often, which my Daddy didnt know how to react to as I used to be little a lot less often. So that led to his frustration about the situation (which we discussed with both of us taking time to explain our side of things without interruption or judgement) and the 'babyish' comment.

Thank you to everyone who commented and gave their advice. It really helped when having this discussion with my Daddy.

you are both grown ups. You therefore need to both be grown ups in your real lives and making big grown up decisions and only allowing yourselves to explore or retreat into the fantasy of "little" age play when its appropriate. Such is the harsh reality of life.
    Every human wants to live in some fantasy nexus, its what we are like. Intellectually and emotionally lazy. Real life doesnt allow that and even the pressures of being made to live in the real world can have major positive effects on our growth. But that wont stop our identities or natures as DLs or "littles" or whatever. Its just a question of knowing whats right. And you cant be a "little" 24/7 unless you are a kept person and even then that would mean that all decisions will be made for you and that borders on an abusive relationship.
    mature adult grown up independence to the most part as well as periodically allowing yourself a treat is the order of the day.

If you want to be a "little" 24/7 then you are ignoring the reality of life and you are therefore being immature when you need to be mature. Regretfully, your "daddy" is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dlissexy View Post
    you are both grown ups. You therefore need to both be grown ups in your real lives and making big grown up decisions and only allowing yourselves to explore or retreat into the fantasy of "little" age play when its appropriate. Such is the harsh reality of life.
    Every human wants to live in some fantasy nexus, its what we are like. Intellectually and emotionally lazy. Real life doesnt allow that and even the pressures of being made to live in the real world can have major positive effects on our growth. But that wont stop our identities or natures as DLs or "littles" or whatever. Its just a question of knowing whats right. And you cant be a "little" 24/7 unless you are a kept person and even then that would mean that all decisions will be made for you and that borders on an abusive relationship.
    mature adult grown up independence to the most part as well as periodically allowing yourself a treat is the order of the day.

If you want to be a "little" 24/7 then you are ignoring the reality of life and you are therefore being immature when you need to be mature. Regretfully, your "daddy" is right.
    I never said that I wanted to be little 24/7 or that I was trying to be. I simply said that I had stopped completely separating my big and little headspaces and am allowing myself to experience the emotions involved with both regardless of what I am doing at the time. Since doing this, I have felt less stressed and more at ease with my mental state as I no longer have to worry about maintaining my big mentality when I feel little. This doesn't mean I just stop doing my job when I'm feeling little emotions or that I won't do what I need to as an adult. Yes, my Daddy didn't know how to react to this and lashed out, but that doesn't mean I am automatically wrong in what I am doing, only that a compromise needed to be found in order to find balance. And (this is my personal view) being little is a part of me, not just age play. I would still feel the emotions associated with being little regardless, I've just stopped fighting them. I am sorry if this post sounds defensive, but I wanted to clearly explain the true nature of what I have decided to do. And after hearing my side of things, my Daddy is supporting me in this decision.

I don't agree with what you have said, but thank you still for commenting.

My Daddy broke up with me. I want to apologize for lashing out at dlissexy. I'm sorry. I was wrong. I'm immature and selfish and I know what I was doing was wrong. It was inconsiderate of everyone around me and I have no excuse. I'm sorry for getting angry when you were completely right.