Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bear Reunion

Default Teddy Bear Reunion

When I was a kid, I had a chocolate brown teddy bear. When I got a little older (maybe 6 or 7), my father decided it was time for teddy to go and threw him in the trash. I don't hold this against him because good old teddy was dirty, loosing his stuffing and his leg was hanging by a thread and was about to come off. In those days they didn't have teddy bear hospitals.

We'll, fast forward about 60 years. One day, while I was randomly browsing online, I happened to see a teddy bear on sale that looked just like what I remember the original teddy to look like... chocolate brown and just the right size. Needless to say, I made an impulsive buy (couldn't pass it up at the price), not knowing exactly what i was going to do with it. Oddly enough, I hugged him right out of the box.

I think I'll call him 'teddy'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teddy10.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	26663

Is it o.k. for adults to have stuffed animals?
    Do you have a teddy bear named 'teddy'?

Quote Originally Posted by tickles51 View Post
    Sticking with tradition, huh?

I don't think I quite qualify as an "adult", but I do have a gorilla plushy that I sleep with every night.

You should read this:
    http://stuffedparty.com/heres-why-yo...-bear-science/

---updated---

Of course, but his name is not "teddy", it's too tradition.
    Last edited by MaxToddler; 18-Jul-2016 at 10:25.

My "Mr. Bear" watches over me at nite. He keeps the ghosts and goblins at bay, then sleeps all day.

Yeah, my plushies seem to sleep all day. My teddy bear is named Maf-Maf. That's what I named my first teddy bear oh so many years ago.

When I was a kid, I had a chocolate brown teddy bear. When I got a little older (maybe 6 or 7), my father decided it was time for teddy to go and threw him in the trash. I don't hold this against him because good old teddy was dirty, loosing his stuffing and his leg was hanging by a thread and was about to come off. In those days they didn't have teddy bear hospitals.

We'll, fast forward about 60 years. One day, while I was randomly browsing online, I happened to see a teddy bear on sale that looked just like what I remember the original teddy to look like... chocolate brown and just the right size. Needless to say, I made an impulsive buy (couldn't pass it up at the price), not knowing exactly what i was going to do with it. Oddly enough, I hugged him right out of the box.

I have a teddy bear.
    His name is "Howard Hug"

Do you have a teddy bear named 'teddy

well let me start off by saying I have a whole room filled with teddy bears and other assorted stuffed animals and I am 51.
    So I guess it is perfectly okay for an adult to have teddy bears.

Most of mine have a name, and I still have my original teddy bear named TB which stands for Teddy Bear and him every since I was 18 months and he is battered and torn has had numerous surgeries and still needs a couple of more but he still has all of his arms and legs both of his ears and eyes and muzzle and notes is fur is pressed flat from being snuggled too much and he does have a bunch of stains on him from childhood, but he has been with me through numerous hospital stays as a young child I mean under four years old so I will never get rid of him.

Yes, I have a bear. His name is Jeff. He watches over me and protects me.

Cool

Do you have a teddy bear named 'teddy'?[/QUOTE]

Hi

Hee, hee

The quickest way to upset a little is to take there Teddy off them.

I don't know about adults they do loss of funny thing.

I think Max as cover everything else.

Grrr off.

Rex said hi to teddy

Name:	20160215_065847.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	26664

48 YO & have about 400 teddy bears. Most in storage now...not by choice but still have several I hug, hold & snuggle up with to sleep at night with. I think I finally figured out why they are so dear to me.all around the age of 2 I had lost my grand father who I am told I loved dearly, My father was thrown out after he beat my mom. Mom had to work 3 jobs to keep the house & food for my sisters & I so I felt like I lost her too. And my stuffed animals were taken away because the doctors thought I had allergies to dust or something. I lost my whole childhood & I will spend the rest of my days trying to get it back.