Testing the be Drylife Slip Super & Tena slip active (both plastic backed) - now with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruud26

Contributor
Just trying both these new nappies.

First impressions.

Tena slip active fit maxi - very comfortable, soft plastic, thin and discrete. Performance - really good, bit had any leaks so far. They don't swell up like the old tena slip maxi did, so I don't think the overall capacity is as much. But I like them a lot more than the cloth version.

Drylife slip super - much thicker than the tena, plain white except for a wetness indicator. Not as soft plastic as the tena and bulkier so not quite as comfy. Performance - so far extremely impressive and I think up there with the ID slip super (PE) in terms of confidence and security.

Great news that we finally are starting to get some more plastic backed options available as they just work so much better!!!

If anyone has any questions let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: tseaborn
How do the dry life stand up to active wearing ?

Sorry could you please clarify the question.

Do you mean how do they feel when walking about for a while do you mean?

The padding is thick in front and over the bottom. They fit me pretty perfectly so I don't have any problems with sagging and I have given them a good double wetting and they haven't leaked so far. Even when sitting down. Only worn a couple so far.

You must be in the UK. The only one of these I've been able to get my hands on here in the US is the ID slip. I wish there was some way I could get the Tena Active Fit without paying a fortune for international shipping. I've never even heard of the other one you mentioned, the Drylife slip. That one looks like a high quality diaper. Wish they were available here.

My old Plastic faced Tena Maxi were just running out and I have patiently been keeping an eye on the Nappiesrus website as they appear to be the only stockist of the Tena Active Fit in the UK. Went on the site last week and they were out of stock. My paranoia leads me to suspect that the reintroduction of a Tena plastic faced nappiesrus of same quality as the old was just a tease.
Sitting here now and secure in the new blue plastic faced Molicare Slip Maxi. Hartman appears to be a supplier that listens to its customers.

Hi Ruud26
Are these new nappies to the UK?
Can you tell me if the plastic backing is discreet or does it have a loud crinkle?

Thanks.

Yes I believe both he tena slip active fit and the drylife slip super are both new to the UK.

The tena were out of stock at Incontinenceshop, until a few days a ago. Have another look.

The tena are very soft plastic and I would say they are very quiet for a plastic backed nappy.

The drylife slip are a bit noisier.

The ID Slip Super PE is the loudest.

- - - Updated - - -

tantricfollower said:
My old Plastic faced Tena Maxi were just running out and I have patiently been keeping an eye on the Nappiesrus website as they appear to be the only stockist of the Tena Active Fit in the UK. Went on the site last week and they were out of stock. My paranoia leads me to suspect that the reintroduction of a Tena plastic faced nappiesrus of same quality as the old was just a tease.
Sitting here now and secure in the new blue plastic faced Molicare Slip Maxi. Hartman appears to be a supplier that listens to its customers.

Not seen the molicare slip maxi. Are they any good?

with regard to the Drylife Slip, they seem to be new and possibly UK only, at the moment.
i would like to try them, just to see, but i'm loathe to spend any more than i already have on what may only be a re-packaged Betterdry. and who would know otherwise? no reviews, no samples, no trumpetting of the new.... such are things that make go, 'hmm' :chin:
they're not even here: https://myleniumhealthstuff.info/
but a poster on Tumblr has a put a couple of worthless pics up, and you do also have to endure the typical wanking photos that you'd associate with Tumblr.

The drylife slip is not a repackaged better dry I have tried both.

I don't know how to post pictures on here, but if people would really like to see then I could probably take a few pics

Ruud26 said:
Yes I believe both he tena slip active fit and the drylife slip super are both new to the UK.

The tena were out of stock at Incontinenceshop, until a few days a ago. Have another look.

The tena are very soft plastic and I would say they are very quiet for a plastic backed nappy.

The drylife slip are a bit noisier.

The ID Slip Super PE is the loudest.

- - - Updated - - -

Not seen the molicare slip maxi. Are they any good?

Ok good tapes but it starts to break up when wet

click on the picture symbol atop of the reply box
View attachment 26645

a pop-up window will appear with the upload options.

First up, before I changed. ID Slip Super PE. Sorry for being slightly wet in the pic.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Next the new DryLife Slip Super. They are pretty similar in the pictures when you look back to back. I think try also maybe just as noisy.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Really beeded a change, so swapped to the Tena slip maxi active so you guys could see.

Hope you like the pictures so it gives you a better idea.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
parcelboy2 said:
The dry life look like the old type Kolibri combi slip plastic before they ruined them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I never tried the Kolibri so couldn't comment as to how similar they are. I am very impressed so far.

These look very much like the ID slip, I'm glad they have made them plain white, I love the ID nappies but I get put off by the pattern all over them.
These remind me of the old ID slips, I like the crinkle of them, so if you say they are quite crinkly I'm sold.
Just purchased 3 packs.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Those look nice, will have to look into them, thx

No problem. Thanks for saying thanks :)

well, thanks for the pics, and thanks for the thanks :biggrin:

although, i think i will wait until Parcelboy and/or Tiny have buy'd and tried (with them being squanderously rich and all) as it seems we share similar likes.

Just tried the Drylife nappies, and I must say I'm very impressed, very comfortable, good amount of crinkle, no horrible pattern on them apart from the wetness indicator, and feel they could hold a good amount.
Padding at the back could be a little higher needs to be more up towards the waist, but that's only a minor niggle.
And also a very good price.
Could be my new nappy of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back