POLL: Inflation forces the company to change something about the product, which change would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?

• Option A

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Option B

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
The company that makes you favorite product has to change the way it is sold due to inflation. Due to this, there are two ways they could change it.

They could:
A - Have less of or fewer of the product in the packaging, but leave the price the same.
or
B - Have the same amount of product, but increase the price.

This is your favorite, most used product, which course of action would you prefer?

I prefer honesty in pricing, so definitely option B. Reducing the amount of product in an attempt to pretend that nothing has changed just rubs me the wrong way. However, the reality is all too often option C - keep price and quantity the same, but devalue the quality of the product through the use of cheaper materials, while trying to convince your customers that the reformulation is actually an improvement.

I also prefer the honesty in the price increase.
You forgot option D: All of the above.
The worst example I found was years ago M&Ms was changing the 16oz package to 14oz, but transitioned with a package that was marked 10% bonus but was 15.4oz.

Change nothing about the product, just increase the price.

Option F: Stop selling said product but replace with a crappier in always product and pretend the new product is the bee's knee's

LittleManAlex said:
Option F: Stop selling said product but replace with a crappier in always product and pretend the new product is the bee's knee's

Like some German diaper company

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate the forever shrinking chocolate bars etc... give us the same product for a slightly higher price!

Soap bars are so much smaller now like the 11 ounce cans of coffee that were once a pound, in the last 25 years the American, and all consumers have gotten the short end of the stick in favor of corporate profits.
F'N Pollick spring even made their water bottles paper thin to be "green" when the true reason was they found people were refilling the bottles with tap water costing them profits so they made them unresusable.

Increase price.

Definitely increase the price... I hate shrinkflation and tend to black ban brands that go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back