Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Do you use AdBlock?

Default POLL: Do you use AdBlock?

THE POLL THING TIMED OUT SO I COULDN'T MAKE ONE USABLE FOR THIS SITE
    STRAWPOLL: http://www.strawpoll.me/10737814

I'm one of those weird fellows that posts ABDL-related videos on the internet. They get lots of views, but very little earnings to go towards new ABDL-related content and material.
    So I'm looking to find a demographic about how many people are using AdBlock and the short extension of how they are using it.

I would like to take this time to remind people that YouTube content creators and all websites ever use ads to cover the upkeep and some to make a living. Which is often a case against the use of AdBlock.

Yeah -- I use AdBlock to block ads, and various other tools to block tracking cookies/analytics.

The web was designed so that servers provide files, and the client decides what to download and how to render it. So I don't have a problem in blocking ads.

MarchinBunny

I used to really try my best not to. But with how many sites these days use irritating ads, I had to. I don't mind regular ads on sites, but when they starts making noise, popping up, or popping under ... I just can't take it at that point. I do try to add sites to the allow list that don't do that crap.

ofc I use adblock.
    Ads can go burn in hell.

MarchinBunny

The truth of the matter is, using adblock is technically a bad thing to do. But as I said earlier ... the irritation that is caused by some of them just sort of forces you into it. However, I do recommend people unblock sites they wish to support as long as the ads are not too intrusive. You don't have to, but it's the right thing to do.

I do use Adblock. I resisted it for a while, but I eventually caved in simply because I was just too fed up with too many sites doing pop up ads or ads with noise where I have to dig through all the windows I have open to find the pop up ad and close it.

I know I shouldn't since I've made money through ad revenue, and I whitelist all sites I regularly visit, so YouTube creators would make money from me since I see the ads on their videos and I do get the "Thanks for not using Adblock. Here's a moose" message on Reddit. But if you're using pop up ads or noise ads, I'm blocking your ads.

I have to use it, if I don't I'd be frustrated with all the popups on a daily basis and I'm not about that life.

too lazy, I usually just periodically kill flash if I notice a memory or cpu spike

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    The truth of the matter is, using adblock is technically a bad thing to do.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    I do recommend people unblock sites they wish to support as long as the ads are not too intrusive. You don't have to, but it's the right thing to do.
    The right thing to do?! Why do I have an obligation to watch ads? I don't get it.

Do you force yourself to watch the adverts at the end of a TV programme you've been watching? Do you get up and make a drink during the programme itself, so that you can be back in time to watch the adverts and fulfil your moral duty?

People should be free to use adverts to generate revenue, if they want. And people should be free to block them. No one forces content-providers to provide their content; it's up to them to decide whether or not it's worth it.

I don't get paid for the content I post on ADISC.

I have no problems with discrete advertising on web pages, however the advertisers don't get that!
    They go for the bling bling pop up ANNOYING ads with auto-playing sounds or videos!

And of course I use an Ad-blocker (or several to catch them all) to NOT to be annoyed while surfing the web.
    I white list the pages that I like and that uses non intrusive advertising!