How long have you been incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a matter of definition. As a kid I had accidents, but so did others. Happily in my teens these were very much rarer,but not entirely absent. In my twenties and thirties there were some lapses and wet beds,but I thought this was not serious enough to be considered a problem or given the title "incontinence".

Things got worse when I had heart and diabetes problems and after a struggle I accepted that I was urinary incontinent and fecally without as much control as I was used to. That was getting on for 15 years ago and I have been pleasantly surprised by the way modern products enable me to live a busy life despite having to manage things in a way that facilitated being able to change and dispose of used diapers.

What wasn't such fun was the protracted medical investigation that got nowhere and at times involved uncomfortable procedures.

I had all the tests too and no definite answer was given. My urologist decided the most likely cause was nerve damage due o my diabetes.It was left at that and then I was refered to the continence nurse for practical help in managing my problem.

never been 100% didnt get fully trained until age 5, had atleastoce or twice monthly accidents through age 15 both day and night, puberty destroyed night time control and caused weeks of cyclic bed wetting with ocations of day time accidents age 19 got crushed by 1800 lbs severly reduced the signals due to spine damage, ,began HRT for transition at 29... found cause of puberty cauysed cyclic wetting from bhormone imballance which was estrogen induced began cyclic complete loss of controll until age 31 when body stabilized again, wrecked a quad at age 33, redamaged L4/L5 lucky to walk i have moments where i dont need protection but they are rare, most of time ill need at a min a pad... but its just easier to use pull ups

My parents tried potty training at 2.5, but I continued to have regular accidents after that. I've always had urge incontinence due to overactive bladder and IBS so I've had to rush to the bathroom, go wherever I could or have an accident. I felt like a freak, especially when I pooped myself. I also had night terrors as a child with bed wetting accidents. My parents and doctors thought my continence would get better with age and it did through my teen years. However, drugs and alcohol in college caused my incontinence problems to get worse and I was eventually diagnosed with severe anxiety disease. My nervous system has gone downhill since then.

I started regularly wetting again in my sleep in my mid 20's. In my mid 30's I went through several knee surgeries with epidurals and then a series of kidney stone problems and my urinary incontinence got much worse. I couldn't go anywhere without wetting myself. It's been about 13 years since then and not much has changed (no pun intended). I had been using diapers pretty much off and on all my life so transitioning to 24-7 wasn't difficult for me. It still sucks sometimes. I do wish my nervous system were normal. On the bright side, despite my incontinence issues, the rest of my body is in pretty good shape and I stay very active.

I have Cerebral Palsy and Autism and I have been back in diapers 24/7 since age 32. I am of course 58 now.
I have no control over my bladder and my bowels.

I have Urinary incontinent due to overactive bladder for more than 4 years now. Starting to have problems with bowel incontinence too. I really have a hard time holding myself and have had a few episodes being out and completely filled my diaper :( I can handle urinary incontinence but bowel will really be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born with birth defects and have had incontinent problems my whole life.

Really my whole life due to congenital disability. feel as though my parents sometimes reinforced continence using shame :-(

My entire life. I've never had any control over anything, bladder or bowel.

Blurry line for me, too. I have an overactive bladder for 30 - 35 years. I have been wearing absorbent briefs / diapers for 30 - 35 years. 15 or so years ago I was diagnosed with an inflammatory ( irritable ) bowel disease [ late, onset of Crohn's ]. Crohn's most frequently affects teenagers.

Wet the bed as child, in nappies and plastic pants til 6 yo. Also at prep school. Occasional problems in my teens. Then spinal injury playing rugby aged 26 led to loss of bladder control initially primarily at night but then subsequent spinal problems led to me being incontinent pretty much 24/7. Certainly wearing nappies 24/7

Since I've been wearing a diaper now for nearly 2 weeks 24/7 I find that although I can stop the flow I sometimes don't realize that I've already started peeing.

I've had issues since I was in 9th grade,but always assumed it was because of my diet. It ended up being caused by my football injury. :/

i have cerebral palsy. i cannot talk, walk, control my hands well. i wear diapers because its just easier. i cannot sit on a normal toilet and i have bad scoliosous

Wet the bed until I was 15. Then dry till about 5 years ago when night problems came back. Now have accidents on the majority of nights. I also have some urgency problems in the daytime.

a little under ten years wetting at night

I've been incontinent since 2010 for almost 6 years now although it doesn't bother me even though I have to wear diapers like a baby again as I have learned to come to terms with the fact that I will most likely need to be in diapers for the rest of my life and since then my life has improved dramatically because I am happier less stressed and grouchy because I am finally in a sence of heaven in terms of comfort that I haven't experienced in years.

And although I didn't choose this way of life I have come to enjoy it so much so that I have been wondering if I should ever have been potty trained in the first-place especially when I can just lounge around in my diapers all day when I am alone and sleep better at nights with the knowledge that I have a form of protection from embarrassing accidents.

And whilst I may not be a adult baby or diaper lover I do have or should I say have developed some of those characteristics in my young life.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back