Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been incontinent?

Default How long have you been incontinent?

I have been incontinent now for four years. I just wondered who else has been dealing with incontinence for a while now.

Started having issues about 10 years ago and was diagnosed with fecal ic about 5 years ago now.

My bladder-control issues are the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I'm 74 now. So I've been dealing with these issues for a while. There was an extended period between my late teens and my forties during which I could get by without a daytime diaper provided I had ready access to a bathroom. However, the incontinence became worse when I was in my forties, and I've been diapered 24/7/365 for about 30 years now.

Wow I can't imagine what it like to never feel control over your bladder and bowels but mind occasionally I wet without thinking and I can't stop, maybe I am becoming Incontinent, I have scoliosis in my lower back although it's only slight and I have 2 discs that rub together at the bottom of my spine sometimes, but the doctor said nothing about incontience but I am not bothered about that, I will just pretend I don't! Hehe!

- - - Updated - - -

Unless it really hurts or I am becoming crippled, which I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    Wow I can't imagine what it like to never feel control over your bladder and bowels but mind occasionally I wet without thinking and I can't stop, maybe I am becoming Incontinent, I have scoliosis in my lower back although it's only slight and I have 2 discs that rub together at the bottom of my spine sometimes, but the doctor said nothing about incontience but I am not bothered about that, I will just pretend I don't! Hehe!

- - - Updated - - -

Unless it really hurts or I am becoming crippled, which I am not.
    Fortumnately I can still control my bowels but have very little sensation of needing to pee until it is too late. Sometimes I might have a minute or two from feeling the need to peeing uncontrollably but more often the first thing I know is the warmth spreading through my nappy.at night my bladder just empties at will while I sleep.

lifelong incontinent gal, I can only imagine what it's like to have control

Incontinent for just about 6 years now, slowly getting better though ^u^

Maybe almost 2 years? I have had urinary issues and including some continence issues arise out of my crash from little over 2 years ago
    God its been a ride learning to live with it and deal with it - but now i don't care as much. I still have to see a urologist though cause my urinary symptoms seem be changing some- more bladder spasms or something... and bit of pain.... oh how i hate pain.

Blurry line. I'd say I crossed the line of actual incontinence somewhere between six and nine months ago.