Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does wearing diapers makes your skin more sensitive?

Question Does wearing diapers makes your skin more sensitive?

Hi everyone,

I've been wearing diapers to bed for about 7 years right now. I am a man, 34 years old. I have always used cream in order to prevent diaper rash. However, I've noticed that my skin is getting more sensitive then it used to be. Initially, I was able to wear diapers for several days in a row without using diaper rash cream. I didn't get any redness or burn sensation in the morning... However, if I ever wear a diaper right now and I do not apply diaper rash or any other kind of cream, it is sure in the morning I should get an irritated skin in the diaper area... Does this happens to anyone else? I get the impression my skin is getting more and more delicate... I also try to avoid trimming or shaving in that area. Even though they say that a hairless skin is the best way to avoid irritations. Any advice? Thank you!

Isidro

I think that has been happening to me too. I used baby powder on my inner thighs where the diaper goes and I have had a slight rash there, maybe I am allergic or need to use barrier cream...

I make an oil formula with 4 parts cold pressed sesame oil, 1 part vitamin e oil, and 1 part need oil. This oil is excellent for curing and preventing diaper rash. It is totally natural and treats just about every kind of skin problem. With daily use for six months, it even completely removes blackheads, pre-melanoma hard spots, and wrinkles. It will also prevent bruises if used immediately after an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by DyperDave View Post
    I make an oil formula with 4 parts cold pressed sesame oil, 1 part vitamin e oil, and 1 part need oil. This oil is excellent for curing and preventing diaper rash. It is totally natural and treats just about every kind of skin problem. With daily use for six months, it even completely removes blackheads, pre-melanoma hard spots, and wrinkles. It will also prevent bruises if used immediately after an injury.
    Ta for this, what is need oil though?

When I went 24/7 my continence nurse told me to use plenty of sudocreme every time I change to help with skin problems that will occcur.

I've been wearing every night for 2 years and sometimes 24/7 for 2-3 in a row
    The key is not to stay in a wet diaper to long, also at night I useally put desitine over my butt and under side area, not to much but just enough. (I'm a male)
    If I'm going on a 24/7 day I'll using Vaseline on my butt, under area up to my pubic line in front, again light coat.
    I use to get a small rash on my inner side but nothing lately, I also keep my area hair free (razor) and when I change I use 3 wipes minimum on a wet diaper, actually scrubbing with the wipe.
    I've found huggies wipes to be the best wipes, the pampers wipes kinda fall apart on me

I agree, changing often and a good barrier cream help. Just be careful if using petroleum jelly like Vaseline. It can break down the plastics used in diapers (as well as condoms for that matter) and could lead to a leak in the diaper. Use just a little if at all.

if you are a regular diaper wearer, as a lifestyle or for incontinence, you will deal with rashes. I've been wearing diapers my whole life, and I've had an ongoing battle with diaper rash my whole life!

you need to find a solution that works for you, products and habits that reduce rashy days and make the area more comfortable

I've been dealing with a bad jock itch for the past year that I'm not sure is entirely unrelated to diaper wearing.

If I don't resist scratching that itch the nappy rash is sure to happen.